Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Didn't read the thread.

Here's my criteria.

300 lumens, minimum. Has to take standard batteries. Then we are done.

^^^This^^^

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have been using this one from Harbor Freight Head lamp. Has worked quiet well for me so far.

310 Lumens zoom feature. 3 settings bright, dimmer, flashing
3 AAA
0-45* adjustment
robust wiring system

$9.99 on coupon sale.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Prwlr
I have been using this one from Harbor Freight Head lamp. Has worked quiet well for me so far.

310 Lumens zoom feature. 3 settings bright, dimmer, flashing
3 AAA
0-45* adjustment
robust wiring system

$9.99 on coupon sale.

I’ll have to get one of those.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Years ago I was walking to my tree stand in a huge block of hardwoods before sun up. I was using one of the big Maglight three cell flashlights (white light). About half way to my stand, I heard “someone” walking up behind me. I shined the light back behind me to let whoever it was know I was there and not a deer. I continued and it sounded like the footsteps were getting closer so I stopped to see who it was.

Finally, I saw it was a doe. She walked by me, maybe 15 yards away, stopping every now and then to look In my direction. I kept the light on her and she eventually walked on past me. I had the wind on her but even with a bright, white flashlight right in her eyes, she never stomped her foot or snorted or did the “head bobbing” trick.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by JGRaider
For those who actually use them.....for general use, gutting, packing, skinning, etc after dark, hiking, etc. What headlamp would you recommend for good light, battery life, and reliability. Thanks.

JG,

This will be my third season using the Steelman Pro headlight.

200 lumen
https://www.amazon.com/STEELMAN-79236-Lumen-Profile-Headlamp/dp/B075QFGC2V

250 lumen

steelman pro 78834 slim profile rechargeable led

https://www.amazon.com/STEELMAN-78834-Rechargeable-250-Lumen-Activated/dp/B01CK427ZY

Each have two different brightness levels both tilt up and down.

It has become an essential part of my kit.

I walk in before daylight and usually do not leave the stand until after dark-thirty. It is not a blood tracking light, but does come in handy when one is out at night.

At home I use it almost every night for some activity as it seems the older I get the more light I need to see, especially small parts. I keep it on my nightstand along with a couple other items just in case things go bump in the night.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It is rechargable with a mini-USB connection that can be acheived with a plug in to a wall socket or a charging accessory.

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Years ago I was walking to my tree stand in a huge block of hardwoods before sun up. I was using one of the big Maglight three cell flashlights (white light). About half way to my stand, I heard “someone” walking up behind me. I shined the light back behind me to let whoever it was know I was there and not a deer. I continued and it sounded like the footsteps were getting closer so I stopped to see who it was.

Finally, I saw it was a doe. She walked by me, maybe 15 yards away, stopping every now and then to look In my direction. I kept the light on her and she eventually walked on past me. I had the wind on her but even with a bright, white flashlight right in her eyes, she never stomped her foot or snorted or did the “head bobbing” trick.

LOL. That’s pretty funny!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks for all the input guys. Much appreciated.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by 805
This rechargeable is very nice especially for the price.

https://www.amazon.com/NITECORE-NU32-Rechargeable-Headlamp-LumenTac/dp/B07CV3VTYB

Be cautious of the rechargeable lamps. They don't last much more than 1/2 hr and take a lot longer than that to recharge.

Good grief...

Yeah. I chuckled when I read it.

What did I miss?

Camp is where you make it.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
632 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 65 invisible), 2,811 guests, and 1,386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,237
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.