Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by lvmiker
One should wait until you can analyze the sound of the object bouncing off your melon before taking action.

A simple question for the members: If a stranger yielding a large object threatens you or your family what is your planned response?

mike r

Are we the same as the cops then??

I am MAGA.
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Looked galvanized, like a chain link fence post.

That’s what I was thinking too

Too light of a material to hurt even if it was. Wouldn't even knock down a big thistle.

I prolly would’ve backed up if he had been swinging it at me. If he chased me, he might have got kneecapped 😜

For whatever it’s worth, they don’t pay enough damn money for me to be a cop. 😬

Is that what they teach in Texas? shooting to wound and retreat are well proven strategies according to the doctrine taught by M. Ayoob and the heavy hitters of the 1970s.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
One should wait until you can analyze the sound of the object bouncing off your melon before taking action.

A simple question for the members: If a stranger yielding a large object threatens you or your family what is your planned response?

mike r

Same question, but you are a cop. What would you do?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
So mike, tells us about all the pipe-swingers you've shot down. You must have a hell of a budget for lawyers.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

mike r

So, if you shoot a deranged guy who drops his club and turns and stumbles several steps and falls over then you can walk up to him and put a few in the brain?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Looked galvanized, like a chain link fence post.

That’s what I was thinking too

Too light of a material to hurt even if it was. Wouldn't even knock down a big thistle.

I prolly would’ve backed up if he had been swinging it at me. If he chased me, he might have got kneecapped 😜

For whatever it’s worth, they don’t pay enough damn money for me to be a cop. 😬

Is that what they teach in Texas? shooting to wound and retreat are well proven strategies according to the doctrine taught by M. Ayoob and the heavy hitters of the 1970s.

mike r

Damn we need a sarcasm emoji. Lighten up Lucy.

The # 1 thing I taught was avoidance and good ole common sense. Your first option is to simply walk the Fuqk away. Deadly Force is always a last option. And it’s not legal to shoot to “wound” folks in TX.

Deadly Force can be used to stop a deadly threat when and to the degree it is “immediately necessary” to stop the unlawful use of deadly force. That clear enough for ya. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Where I live if someone attempts to hit me w/ a pipe I will shoot him to the ground. I won't attempt to wrestle him, use less than deadly force or hope for mercy. Deadly force is appropriate when the attacker demonstrates the ability and opportunity to place a human being in imminent jeopardy of death or great bodily harm. If I am forced to shoot some one I will continue to shoot until I am no longer in fear of imminent harm. I have no intention to ever kill anyone, but if he dies it will be as a result of his own actions.

Drugged? drunk? Crazy? a jihadi?. It matters not at all and I will react to the threat. Intent, motivation etc. will not be important at the time but survival will be. The fight will be what it is, not what you wish it was, he who hesitates is lost.

YMMV.

mike r
Amen brother

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

mike r

Same question, but you are a cop. What would you do?

mike r

Hard to say. I have no training as a cop. No de-escalation training.

Maybe shoot him? Maybe not?

As an EMT I have a license to practice medicine. I cant go around flibbity jibbiting.

A lay person has no such licence. Barring using an axe to cut off a limb to control a bleed....they are not held to the same standard in court.

So ,I dont know.

People sure do seem to have a big appetite for killing.

I am MAGA.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

People sure do seem to have a big appetite for killing.

Keyboard wonderkind

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tracks
Possibly, how do you interpret Colorado's laws regarding self defense and use of deadly force? If you were attacked by a man wielding a steel pipe what would you do?

mike r

When now Congressman Ken Buck was the Weld County DA he declined to prosecute a shooter who killed a man on his front porch making threats and carrying a stick, apparently because he was in fear for his life.

And what would happen in Denver of Boulder?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Possibly, how do you interpret Colorado's laws regarding self defense and use of deadly force? If you were attacked by a man wielding a steel pipe what would you do?
mike r

Your legal hypothesis that " his future was dictated by his past actions", doesn't work in this state. Colorado law is clear, if your opponent disengages from the conflict, you have to stop all aggressive action. If you continue, you are now the aggressor, and the one who will need a good attorney.

Not a legal hypothesis at all, normal human reaction to a known threat. The aggression did not stop until the shooting commenced and was finalized in a couple of seconds. The question remains, what would you do if attacked in a similar manner? And yes I have a very good lawyer, and avoid Colorado.

mike r

The most important weapon is the one atop your shoulders.

As a civilian, he's holding a large, unwieldy weapon and doesn't know how to use it. So I'll work to create space, stay out of it's reach, and if possible, put something, like a vehicle, between us. Let him swing it a few times and wear himself out, and either walk away, or after one of those big ungainly swings, close and disarm.

If things got out of hand, you do what you have to, but nothing more. Shoot until the threat is stopped, which does not include shooting an unarmed man in the back as he's walking away.

As a cop, most of the same principles would apply. The difference is I'd have less lethal options available, and the opportunity for backup, preferable someone who could give him a bean bag to the face.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/10/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The guy was no threat. He was an idiot however. Probably high.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good shoot, proximity to Popeye's while wielding wood is probable cause. Too many dumbasses in the world anyway.

mike r
Proof positive everytime you post.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Good shoot, proximity to Popeye's while wielding wood is probable cause. Too many dumbasses in the world anyway.

mike r
Proof positive everytime you post.

For the first time ever in my online life I’ll be cliche and say: The above times 100.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
He got popped by a Popeye's.
Proly distraught over their lack of chicken sandwiches.
Maybe that was an assault board, had a nail in it like the one that scared the chit out of Kang and Kodos.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by renegade50
What happened to force escalation.

Tase that mofo???let him ride the lightening for a couple of jolts???

1st shot yaaaaa maybe.....

The rest
Holy fuggg..

^^^This^^^

There is always things left out of these types of videos. Just maybe he was tasered. We cannot hold court on a public Forum.

Texas
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Originally Posted by 700LH
I found a still of a female officer holding the "pipe" up with one hand, looks to be a light thin metal.
I couldn't weight much the way she is holding it.
Fat thinks he is bad azzed cowardly Cop forced the situation then murdered the guy

What are you going to do when your head gets hit by that light pipe and causes a brain bleed and you then die?

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Originally Posted by Fireball2
The guy was no threat. He was an idiot however. Probably high.

I haven't watched the video yet, but I have seen enough on youtube to know that every person reacts differently to being shot and when you add drugs into it, you never know.

Why has no one mentioned that the guy could have had another weapon besides the pipe?

The officer doesn't know that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Odin1
I found a still of a female officer holding the "pipe" up with one hand, looks to be a light thin metal.
Fat thinks he is bad azzed cowardly Cop forced the situation then murdered the guy

What are you going to do when your head gets hit by that light pipe and causes a brain bleed and you then die?

If the guy with the pipe attacked it would be a completely different story, He didn't the cop forced the confrontation.
Are you really that daft, or just pretending to be?

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Originally Posted by Odin1

If the guy with the pipe attacked it would be a completely different story, He didn't the cop forced the confrontation.
Are you really that daft, or just pretending to be?

I just watched the video.

He raised the pipe to strike and swung.

Last edited by Odin1; 09/10/19.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

629 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 69 invisible), 2,061 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,244
Posts18,447,933
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.