Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I would agree if the polls were conducted by them, but these polls are from at least six different companies. Scroll to the bottom and pick your poison.

The CBC may not have conducted those polls, but they can certainly chose to publish what suits them and ignore what doesn't.

If you looked down at the bottom of the page as I suggested, you would have found virtually all of the polling companies listed. CBC did not skew their results. They merely listed them. Are you suggesting that CBC changed the results of all those companies?

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know about Canada, but the pollsters here, or most of them, are participants, not just observers. They create the results they want by the questions they ask, the phrasing, and by the sampling pool. Liberals are over-sampled, for instance. Also, I can think of at least one recent example where the customer, one of the MSM cabal, didn't like the result, so buried the whole shebang.

Poll results are used to create false impressions in order to discourage the other side (us), and change our opinions using the natural human trait of wanting to fit in with the majority. That trait also affects the sampled's answers because those who hold opinions they feel may be seen as somehow wrong or unpopular may not answer honestly, even to a stranger like a pollster.

A perfect illustration of the uselessness of polls are the ones taken before our last general election in 2016. Only one major poll showed Trump even close to winning.

I really hope Canadians can pull some of their chesnuts out of the fire next time. Hate to see you go further down the Eurotopia road.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You know your could say that same thing about the people in the United States. That is a generalized statement! Too say the least.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I dont trust polls, media, and if Trudeau wins the upcoming election then I dont trust the voting process because there is no way Trudeau could win this election without vote tampering. He has destroyed everything he has touched, meanwhile promoting globalism unfettered.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Those are the polls by all the companies. Not just a selected few. The results are all quite close to each other. And as I said, it's too early to know how things are going. Don't let your mistrust or fear of the government, the CBC, pollsters, or the world feed any paranoia. Not everyone is against you.

These are the companies whose data has been posted. They don't all hate you.

Nanos/CTV
EKOS/338Canada
Léger/Journal de Montréal
Abacus Data
Angus Reid Institute
Ipsos/Global News
Léger/Canadian Press
Dart & Maru Blue/Toronto Sun
Campaign Research

Originally Posted by 673
I dont trust polls, media, and if Trudeau wins the upcoming election then I dont trust the voting process because there is no way Trudeau could win this election without vote tampering. He has destroyed everything he has touched, meanwhile promoting globalism unfettered.

Try not to lose your perspective.

"Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story."

- excerpt from Desiderata by Max Ehrmann

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Polls influence people, especially new arrivals so....GFY Redgewell...perspective enough for you?
People who dominate a conversation become annoying.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
You have some anger issues. Keep listening for those black helicopters! laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You have some anger issues. Keep listening for those black helicopters! laugh

Yes, me and about 8 million people in saskatchewan, Alberta, and BC have anger issue's...I forgot your in Ontario, see we have thousands out of work in the oil and gas industry, we have thousands who just lost their jobs in the forest industry, you out east have SNC Lavalin, a smokescreen for the biggest issue facing Canada, Native land claims in BC and likely the rest of Canada.
If you check into it you will see that the media has played a leading role in keeping it on the down low, otherwise known as propaganda.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would agree if the polls were conducted by them, but these polls are from at least six different companies. Scroll to the bottom and pick your poison.

The CBC may not have conducted those polls, but they can certainly chose to publish what suits them and ignore what doesn't.

If you looked down at the bottom of the page as I suggested, you would have found virtually all of the polling companies listed. CBC did not skew their results. They merely listed them. Are you suggesting that CBC changed the results of all those companies?

No, I did not suggest that CBC changed the results of those polls.

As per the above post, I said " they can certainly chose to publish what suits them and ignore what doesn't.".

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'm glad that you do not think they can influence the polls.

Since they published almost every polling company, I think it's safe to say that they are not manipulating what the readers see from the pollsters.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The CBC has become a hard left Canadian eye sore with a clear agenda for social engineering all paid for with tax dollars. It should not be a crown corporation.

The only thing I'd trust from them would be the National Research Council Time Signal.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The CBC has become a hard left Canadian eye sore with a clear agenda for social engineering all paid for with tax dollars. It should not be a crown corporation.

The only thing I'd trust from them would be the National Research Council Time Signal.

Yup.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y

No, I did not suggest that CBC changed the results of those polls.

As per the above post, I said " they can certainly chose to publish what suits them and ignore what doesn't.".

i agree with you Paul and we ll see the results at the end of the voting day.

Phil

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S

The CBC has been left leaning for many years. It's nothing new. For any sitting government, it's political suicide to sell off Mothercorp, and always has been. The CBC receives over 1 billion dollars a year from the CDN government to operate. That is in addition to revenues from advertising, and sales of shows/movies/special programming to other countries. Like the gun debate, you're preaching to the choir.

The latest polls show the Liberals and Conservatives neck and neck. My family in Alberta tells me that no one where they live is too concerned yet.They are waiting for the end month results.

CON
33.8%

LIB
33.4%

NDP
13.3%

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Trudeau just might with the help of the propaganda machine (CBC) get one more term, so here in BC we are really concerned.
He only needs one more term to make UNDRIP law (surrendering our sovereignty)... give the pipeline to the indians (after we pay for it).

Put another piece of the puzzle together pleasing the globalists and completing the balkanization of Canada, and finally, out of necessity take our guns away and making us defenseless for his open borders plan to flood Canada with mostly Muslim immigrants.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I just can't imagine Canadians re electing this buffoon.
He has showed the world now. Even the lefties know his incompetence.
I can't quite believe we are doing this all over again. E.G:. P..E.T. Westerners better get out and Vote this time.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Comrade, the land claim issue's are the biggest issue facing this country today, by far....zero media coverage, where you live is going to be hit hard, real hard, and your and everyone else who likes to hunt and fish is going to be [bleep].

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
On Wednesday, the campaigns begin. Trudeau will be going to the GG and ask that she dissolve Parliament.

1. There are 338 seats in Parliament.
2. 170 seats are required to form a majority government.
3. The official election campaign will last 41 days.

There will be a leader's debate in English on Monday, October 7, 2019 - 7 to 9 PM EST

The current seats in Parliament are distributed as follows:

Liberal: 177
Conservative: 95
NDP: 39
Bloc Québécois: 10
Independent: 8
Green Party: 2
Co-operative Commonwealth Federation: 1
People's Party: 1

The following are the no of candidates for each of the official parties. I should point out that this number can change.

Liberal: 297
Conservative: 338
NDP: 205
Green Party: 308
People's Party: 316

And now you know some more of the story.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Polls get the answers they seek.

I do the polls anytime I have time.
Frequently, I figure out who is doing it before they are done.
You can tell by how the questions are composed what answers are desired.
If I know it's a liberal poll, I twist it all up.
It's fun to be a 25 year old black woman with a college degree.
Pro gun, pro life, and anti-illegal immigration.

Figure I throw a monkey wrench into the stats.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Praying for a conservative majority. Send Trudeau back to teaching school part time.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

612 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 56 invisible), 1,981 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,246
Posts18,448,040
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.