Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Getting ahead of myself as I have this rifle on layaway locally. Does it come with directions for the owner to adjust the trigger themselves? Is it done with the stock on or off? I got spoiled with the Trigger Tech, what a nice trigger! smile Oh yeah, 6.5 Creedmoor.

BP-B6

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can adjust the trigger with a 2.5mm allen wrench by inserting it through a small hole in the magazine well but it's kind of awkward. I just take the barreled action out of the stock to give it a good initial cleaning and oiling anyway and the adjustment screw is easy to get to. Counterclockwise decreases pull weight, clockwise increases it. Another large nut is in the way and limits how far you can turn it out.

Full instructions for disassembly and reassembly, trigger adjustment, replacement of pistol grip and adding butt pad spacers, all of that is in the owner's manual. They even give you the torque specs for various screws - 44 inch/pounds on the two action screws for rifles with a plastic trigger guard.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
i do the same as jim does as in i just take the barreled action outta the stock and adjust until the small allen grub screw almost touches the larger stop screw which will usually get you around 2.5-3lb. i like to drop a yodave trigger spring in and i'm at 1.5lb.
good luck,
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pretty sure when I adjusted mine I just pulled off the trigger guard and that allowed me enough space to adjust. Its easy - I was able to adjust mine so thinking anyone can do it wink

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Thanks guys. This will be only my second Tikka. My first was an older model/wood stock in .222 I bought used. My gunsmith had to work ont he trigger to get it decent. I liked the little rifle, but the Utah desert here "almost" has as much wind as Wyoming...except we don't use logging chains on telephone poles for Airport Wind Socks, like they do! ha smile I "was" going to get a .243, even had a Bergara B-14 on Layaway, but changed my mind, a bit too heavy for what I want. Had a Mod 7 Predator/.243 deal cooking, but got spooked about quality control, etc. Then, I found a good deal on a Franchi Momentum in .270W, figured I'd use the 110vmax. That deal fell through. So, when I saw this one marked down to 600ish from almost $800, I figured I'd give it a shot. Plus...it is a SS synthetic, just what I really was after. My Marine SIL, a few years back, bought a Tikka T3 Lite SS in 7mm RemMag from a guy for elk ( they fall off into a god-awful "hole" and get into them) I was with him to zero it. He used HSM factory with the 168 Berger. It just wadded them up! I was impressed big time! Another guy in our group uses an identical to his Tikka but in 338 Federal. Same thing, except he has had issues with his magazine. Thanks again guys!

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I installed these, very easy to install and adjust.
https://elayprecision.com/product/tikka-t3-t3x-trigger-spring/

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You’ll love it Jim. Mines a solid rifle and such a fun gun on top of that.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
You’ll love it Jim. Mines a solid rifle and such a fun gun on top of that.

I agree. I cant wait to hunt mine this year. I love that 6.5cm. Damn cartridge is accurate as hell. One thing i have to add for the op is if you pull the barreled action out of the stock, be really careful to make sure the damn recoil lug finds the milled slot in the bottom of the action, before you torque the action down. Ive seen these rifles in the used rifle racks with 1/4" clearance between the barrel and stock. It was obvious that the action wasnt sitting on the recoil lug properly. Im also betting those rifles didnt shoot worth a fu ck either. Probably the reason they were in the used rifle rack. Just something to watch for with these tikkas.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Remington280

That's a bit too light for my big, slightly arthritic finger to manage, ha. I do OK with a 2 1/2# so if I can get that, creep free, I'll be happy. I do like the Kepplinger Single Set Trigger though. Have had a couple of those and they are sweet.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight

That's a bit too light for my big, slightly arthritic finger to manage, ha. I do OK with a 2 1/2# so if I can get that, creep free, I'll be happy. I do like the Kepplinger Single Set Trigger though. Have had a couple of those and they are sweet.

Jim, you should have no problem getting to 2 1/2# with the factory trigger. I’ve had a number of T3s and all have got there with a clean break and nothing further needed to have a great trigger. If you want to go sub 2#, you might need to change springs, but I never have needed to.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight

I set mine at 2.5 pounds, but the rifle is so light, I felt like it needed to be in the 2 pound range. The tikka triggers are very nice. I wouldn't waste my hard earned money buying something that didn't need to be replaced.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
112 members (405joe, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 16 invisible), 1,368 guests, and 683 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,856
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.