Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Hudge Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just wondering if anyone has had success with using enchanced buffer springs to get rid of the twang sound. I bought a Damage Industries enhanced spring on recommendation from another forum. Just wondering if anyone has had success with them, and if so what did you use?

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
pull the spring, put grease on it. Red or blue normal grease is fine. Usually makes it go away.

I kept em dry, since hearing the twang means I"m not paying attention to shooting. SERIOUSLY. You can only do one thing well at a time, if you hear the twang you are paying attention to that and not the shot. Just FYI

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ive only had 1 ar where the twang was obnoxious. I did like rost suggested and put grease on it. It worked great, however, i was experimenting with a new wildcat cartridge and wanted to upgrade to a silent captured spring system and bought an armaspec stealth recoil spring system. It works great, you dont hear it at all. Its supposed to reduce felt recoil to, but i call bs on that one. Maybe if it were used in a carbine, but a rifle length gas system is so smooth anyways, i cant tell or feel the difference

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
white lithium grease spray will take out most of the sproing

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Ive only had 1 ar where the twang was obnoxious. I did like rost suggested and put grease on it. It worked great, however, i was experimenting with a new wildcat cartridge and wanted to upgrade to a silent captured spring system and bought an armaspec stealth recoil spring system. It works great, you dont hear it at all. Its supposed to reduce felt recoil to, but i call bs on that one. Maybe if it were used in a carbine, but a rifle length gas system is so smooth anyways, i cant tell or feel the difference

I've been eyeing those Armaspec systems too. Good info.

The spring noise never bothered me with loud ARs, but it can be a significant part of the noise in the shooter's ear with suppressed use. Grease never helped much for that in my rifles.

Last edited by Yondering; 09/10/19.
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Yondering

The spring noise never bothered me with loud ARs, but it can be a significant part of the noise in the shooter's ear with suppressed use. Grease never helped much for that in my rifles.

From what i can tell, they work well. I had 1 rifle builder tell me thats what he uses in his precision ar's. After i switched my Noveske 556 barrel back over and tried it, accuracy improved just a little bit. The armaspec is also 1/2 the price of the jp captured spring unit. I dont have any complaints so far. We'll see how long it takes to wear out the o ring. I think thats the main wearable part on the armaspec.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Hudge Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Yondering

From what i can tell, they work well. I had 1 rifle builder tell me thats what he uses in his precision ar's. After i switched my Noveske 556 barrel back over and tried it, accuracy improved just a little bit. The armaspec is also 1/2 the price of the jp captured spring unit. I dont have any complaints so far. We'll see how long it takes to wear out the o ring. I think thats the main wearable part on the armaspec.

I've looked at the Armaspec and even the braided Geisle with adjustable buffer they sale. I don't want to spend a ton of money, as it's mainly just a fun gun at the moment.

Hudge Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495
pull the spring, put grease on it. Red or blue normal grease is fine. Usually makes it go away.

I kept em dry, since hearing the twang means I"m not paying attention to shooting. SERIOUSLY. You can only do one thing well at a time, if you hear the twang you are paying attention to that and not the shot. Just FYI

Yes, I was not paying attention to shooting tiny holes, as I had forgotten my fixed sight tool, so I was just plinking and did notice it a little bit. This is just a plinker rifle anyways, so I figured a $5 enchanced spring wouldn't break the bank. It had free shipping as well, even to AK.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

421 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 49 invisible), 2,543 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,982
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.