Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by BLR358WIN
Almost 1 year since I retired at the ripe old age of 47. Only getting better! Where does the time go?? Shooting,fishing hunting,volunteering,planting food plots, hitting gym...…. only wished I could have retired sooner. Life is very good!!

You've done well to retire that early. I'll be cracking rocks until I'm in my late 60s.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Going bear hunting today. Got some buddies coming over this weekend to salmon fish from as far away as Hawaii. We'll be smoking a bear hind quarter and some fresh tuna on the Traeger and having some spirits. Should be a good time.

LOL
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Oh the Good Life! Fellows dont let the Bad stuff get you down! it will get better! I went thru bad health in 2012-13 almost lost my left leg, then because of it lost my job, Know one would hire me, went thru most of my Life savings, had to sell the Gun Collection! got on Social Security, things were looking up then last year the wife wanted a Divorce! best thing that could have happened, My Health is pretty good now, I guess Im happy now dating, had a Great dinner last night with a Pretty gal my age! going Kayaking with her today! be sitting in a blind on Sunday hoping to watch my old buddy shoot his 1st Bear! Thanks for the pics guys , keep getting them little one out doors!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Jim shooting pool is a proper skill every young man needs to have, good on you. And working with family can be tough at times but is a great thing, I got to work alongside my dad welding for a couple years and it was great. Of course there’s always some fence needing fixed, cows needing messed with, or something else going on out at the ranch that will have all us guys together, good stuff.

Fatcity, excellent trip friend! My dad rode to Alaska with me when I moved up and it was the best trip of my life. Sounds like you’ve raised a wonderful young lady.

Geno, hope your eyes get better my man. Sometimes it’s tough to find the good when you got stuff like that going on. I’m not sure what Schwarma is but it must be amazing stuff, probably a decided shortage of it for me to try here in SW OK.

Ducksanddogs old buddy, glad that purple gun is getting a workout. I hope to see headless sprucehen pics sometime.

Roger, what kind of fish do you catch in the surf there? I’ve wanted to do that for a long time and someday I will. Almost loaded up the rods and headed to Corpus a couple years ago to catch Social D and then hit the surf but work got in the way. Someday.

79s, sorry about your lady man. I don’t have any experience in that arena but I hear it gets better with time. I’d take you dove hunting or something if you were closer.

Saddlering, glad yer leg didn’t fall off man. Have fun kayaking with your lady friend and on the bear hunt. I’ve been threatening to buy a kayak for a couple years now to replace my old float tube for bass fishing. Maybe next spring I’ll pull the trigger.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
“Friggen Awesome” Great attitude, great story, and great pictures! I hope the that the “great” life continues!

We’re also blessed with many things. The most recent, yesterday, we got a bit over 1” of rain.....sometimes it’s the little things. I know that for many that doesn’t seem like much....but for us, it’s huge! That brings us just short of 10” for the year. If this continues, we’ll have our second 10”+ year over the last 20 years....and 2nd. in a row! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Congrats on the new truck, good luck to you and your family!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
we catch reds, specks, spanish mackerel, pompano,whiting and the occasional kingfish or tarpon and sharks some big ones.we'll be paddling out shark baits this weekend.

went to that concert.

Last edited by stxhunter; 09/12/19.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TheKid
[Linked Image]

Congrats on the truck!

What engine you have in that Bad Boy?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
There are so many meet worthy people here from the fire that my regret is that ill never be able to visit with and hunt with you all.. To make a list would be unfair, but when i think across a picture re of the US multiple people spring to mind from every area. Corner to corner.

The personal experiece and commradeship is a treasurecand life enriching.

There is way to much negativity brought to the campfire to raise its toxicity level to unreadable.

I commend the kid for a positive post. Id like to see more. Lets post less frustration.

Last edited by WillARights; 09/12/19.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 79S
Well, my wife of 19yrs just asked for a divorce.. she will get half my retirement.. she wants me out of the house by next Thursday.. yeah the good life... give me a ph ucking break more like the chitty life..

Make sure and race out looking for another wife . . . . . . .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BLR358WIN
Almost 1 year since I retired at the ripe old age of 47. Only getting better! Where does the time go?? Shooting,fishing hunting,volunteering,planting food plots, hitting gym...…. only wished I could have retired sooner. Life is very good!!

Which career field were you in or did you own a business ?

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
TheKid ,

Nice truck - be careful Red vehicles get more tickets than any other color .

Best to you and family with you'll's health and everything else .

Roger ,
That looks like a good place to try some kite fishing - always wanted to try that .

Posted by Bristoe
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 79S
Well, my wife of 19yrs just asked for a divorce.. she will get half my retirement.. she wants me out of the house by next Thursday.. yeah the good life... give me a ph ucking break more like the chitty life..

Nice job of screwing-up a great thread! You could start you own about the “chatty life”. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Daughter shooting my 45.

First centerfire shots for her.

[Linked Image]

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Son cleaning a crab apple, other son getting ready to catch a ball.

[Linked Image]

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I recently got to watch my boy take down his first doves. He got 5 in all. He started the day with a .410 and ended the day with my 20 gauge SxS. He got to fussing about the limited range of the .410, and grabbed the 20 gauge on his own. Fun day for both of us!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
1000 words !

[Linked Image]

grin

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I recently got to watch my boy take down his first doves. He got 5 in all. He started the day with a .410 and ended the day with my 20 gauge SxS. He got to fussing about the limited range of the .410, and grabbed the 20 gauge on his own. Fun day for both of us!

Great pics and stories from all of you.

I got to watch my oldest take his first doves with a .410 on Labor Day, as well as my first retrieves for my German Wirehair (all totaled about 30 plus birds). That was a great day. Last weekend we went tubing down the New River with the family, then camping. This weekend it's a blast and cast for teal and old drum on the Pamlico, hoping to put my son on his first duck and surprise him with a new 11-87 20 gauge for his 7th birthday which is next week. Been living the good life as of late....God has blessed me more than I deserve.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Son cleaning a crab apple, other son getting ready to catch a ball.

[Linked Image]

Nice pic Big Dude

That chair looks like it could use some rustoleum.

Winter approaches, and the red suit and socks alone wont do after what 8" of snow

Last edited by WillARights; 09/12/19.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good post.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (10ring1, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,117 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,098
Posts18,464,148
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.