Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Does anyone have any experience with this new Palmetto State Gen 2?

Watched a video and it looks like a decent economical AR15. I really like some of the features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npifsoseQck

Your thoughts....

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I guess no one shoots this Palmetto State model.

Liberalism is a cancer
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No experience, but so far so good for my PSA lowers and upper I have. Heck, even my Bear Creak Arsenal .223 Wylde is proving to be a shooter.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Thanks for responding Hudge.

Liberalism is a cancer
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
DR,

I shoot a good bit of PSA stuff, but it looks like their Gen 2 for the 5.56 is very new. I didn't even say any complete rifles for sale on their site labeled "gen 2" this morning.

In my experience, PSA's a good value. I haven't had a "bad part" from them yet, and they typically shoot better than I expect for the price. I've had the best luck with their stainless and FN labeled cold hammer forged double chrome lines barrels. FN seems to know a little something about barrel making. I've also stuck to their premium bolt carriers and avoided the cheaper PTAC line.

Looks like the "Gen 2", rifles are just their typical wares with a few additional features, double staking the castle nut, dimpling the barrel, and an mlock rail, and leaving the brand name of the BCG. It appears to be some small, nice to have differences, but nothing earth shaking.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve never had a bad PSA upper or lower. I have quite a few lowers and a few of their uppers in 5.56 and 6.5 Grendel and I’m happy.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've not been a big fan of PSA for a lot of reasons, including some of their business practices, but not too long ago, I bought 2 of their 14.7" pinned & welded uppers with Geiselle rails & FN barrels; I added my own BCG's & CH's.

Fit & finish is great, the Geiselle rails & barrel nut attachment are the best available & both shoot extremely well & are properly gassed & I can find absolutely nothing to complain about so far.

I bought the uppers because I couldn't buy the components & build them for anywhere close to what I bought the uppers for on sale.

MM

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I've not been a big fan of PSA for a lot of reasons, including some of their business practices, but not too long ago, I bought 2 of their 14.7" pinned & welded uppers with Geiselle rails & FN barrels; I added my own BCG's & CH's.

Fit & finish is great, the Geiselle rails & barrel nut attachment are the best available & both shoot extremely well & are properly gassed & I can find absolutely nothing to complain about so far.

I bought the uppers because I couldn't buy the components & build them for anywhere close to what I bought the uppers for on sale.

MM

MM,

Did those come with their standard Nitride barrels?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, these were the FN chrome lined barrels, phosphated on the exterior.

This version..............when I got them they were on sale at $459. The retail for the Geiselle rail is $300 & you can usually find them for $250'ish whenever Geiselle has a sale.

PSA Upper

I used Griffin Armament BCG's & the headspace was good at .002" over minimum, which is right about where I like to see it.

One went on an Aero lower, the other went on a PSA lower & both were an excellent, snug fit with no looseness at all.

MM

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
No, these were the FN chrome lined barrels, phosphated on the exterior.

This version..............when I got them they were on sale at $459. The retail for the Geiselle rail is $300 & you can usually find them for $250'ish whenever Geiselle has a sale.

PSA Upper

I used Griffin Armament BCG's & the headspace was good at .002" over minimum, which is right about where I like to see it.

One went on an Aero lower, the other went on a PSA lower & both were an excellent, snug fit with no looseness at all.

MM

Very nice MM.

Looks like good stuff.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks; yeah they turned out well.

Like I said, I haven't been much of a PSA fan, but all in all, I think they've upped their game on their products.

They make the same upper as what I bought but with a standard rail instead of the Geiselle & they sell that one for around $375 or so..................I wouldn't hesitate to try one of those either as the barrel & gas system would be the same.

I'd usually rather build, but sometimes there are some good ready-built uppers around for a good price.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My sentiments echo those all ready expressed. I haven't shot the Gen 2, but my PSA AR has been a very good gun. Doesn't seem very picky on ammo, takes every magazine I've ever stuffed in it, and shoots surprisingly accurately, even with a junk scope on it. With some better glass, I'm sure it will tighten up noticeably. I'm wanting a pistol length AR with a Sig Brace, and it will be another PSA.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Same, same. I’ve been using a lot of PSA stuff for years, and not had any complaints. I use a lot of Aero, too.....but Palmetto usually has better deals, especially on bulk lowers, finished uppers, and FN barrels for ‘no [bleep]’ rifles. I have some good accuracy with them, but typically build around another premium barrel make, if I’m starting out for target/varmint use.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 40 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,092 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,496
Posts18,452,430
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.