Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Robert_White
https://mynorthwest.com/1510612/study-finds-the-universe-might-be-2-billion-years-younger/?

Evidently the materialists are having a hard time keeping their fairy tales straight!

Science today is mostly alchemists hoping to find gold in carbon. Overly-sensitive spineless little creatures once full of knowledge now turned into lies.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Photon get tired? Can't imagine how that would work. Law of conservation of energy. We have some very old photons to investigate in the form of cosmic background radiation (Penzias and Wilson). Nobody's reported anything hinky about them as far as I know. Now there's your red shift - all the way to microwaves.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Photon get tired? Can't imagine how that would work. Law of conservation of energy. We have some very old photons to investigate in the form of cosmic background radiation (Penzias and Wilson). Nobody's reported anything hinky about them as far as I know. Now there's your red shift - all the way to microwaves.

CBR is very red shifted from scattering. [not the original photons]

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not sure I buy that. I get the scattering part generally, like a photon making its way out of the sun. But I don't think it's operative here. More like an photon decoupling from matter moving really fast.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Clarkm

CBR is very red shifted from scattering. [not the original photons]

Not true. CBR is red shifted due to the relative velocity of (a) its source and (b) us, not scattering.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Math dudes off by 2 billion... maybe?
Math dudes should abandon hubris and learn chagrin

cha·grin
/SHəˈɡrin/
Learn to pronounce
noun
distress or embarrassment at having failed or been humiliated.
"Jeff, much to his chagrin, wasn't invited"
synonyms: annoyance, irritation, vexation, exasperation, displeasure, pique, spleen, crossness, anger, rage, fury, wrath; More

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
https://mynorthwest.com/1510612/study-finds-the-universe-might-be-2-billion-years-younger/?

Evidently the materialists are having a hard time keeping their fairy tales straight!

Whether the universe is 13.7 billion years old or 11.4 billion years old in immaterial. It is older than anyone on this forum.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by djs

Whether the universe is 13.7 billion years old or 11.4 billion years old in immaterial. It is older than anyone on this forum.

And, older than a third of posters think it is.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Interesting. You challenge science because they made a revision to an estimate. And you base your ridicule on a bible that has been mistranslated and revised how many times?

If you care to know the facts, you can read the forward to almost any new Bible. I am not talking about paraphrased types to make them easy to read. The forward will tell you they are using the oldest available manuscripts in the original languages. Some manuscripts go back to the first century. There is nothing the Bible in ancient literature.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The difference between Doppler and light scattering is understood well enough....

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The earth is flat and 8436 yrs old.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Math dudes off by 2 billion... maybe?
Math dudes should abandon hubris and learn chagrin

cha·grin
/SHəˈɡrin/
Learn to pronounce
noun
distress or embarrassment at having failed or been humiliated.
"Jeff, much to his chagrin, wasn't invited"
synonyms: annoyance, irritation, vexation, exasperation, displeasure, pique, spleen, crossness, anger, rage, fury, wrath; More

Where's the hubris in admitting that previous theories may (or may not) may have been off to some degree?

Fact is you just don't like these people because they don't simply take things on faith like you do. You don't seem to have a problem running down people who's only "crime" seems to be holding a different opinion than yours.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Of course hard drive space is real. Each data bit occupies physical space consisting of magnetic domains.
For more data either you need greater physical size or use fewer domains per bit. Of course space meaning an area within a field.

the information we put in does not take up actual physical space.
writing or deleting from a hard drive does not increase or decrease volume.
The containers that hold bytes take up space, but writing bytes only changes the orientation of the bytes.

BTW: your alleged beyond time and space realm God was found in the confines of a wooden box called the Ark,
but only after He made his way down from his location on the mountain.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Any 'beyond time and space' realm must have its own time and space....unless its a Singularity. A Black Hole.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Any 'beyond time and space' realm must have its own time and space....unless its a Singularity. A Black Hole.

apparently Jesus has a sand clock that never runs out.

Seems he also has royal stables, cause he will be returning on a white horse.

Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Look, the way science works is that it observes the evidence, makes a conclusion, and does some observations to test that conslucion.
If new evidence shows up, the conclusion can be modified. That has happened MANY TIMES in all branches of science.

You can bet any christian on trial for a serious crime would welcome modern forensic science proving their innocence.
and any christian already imprisoned would welcome new improved less error prone science that could overturn a wrong conviction.

I wonder if there are any christians out there that would insist that prayers are the answer rather than LE using forensic science
to assist in capture and conviction of the killer or rapist of their child.

The Pope recently got stuck in a Vatican lift, but it wasn't prayers that got him out , it was a team of trained firefighters.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
the information we put in does not take up actual physical space.

I said. "Of course space meaning an area within a field." I try to not confine myself to space-time.

Which explains a lot.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by DBT

apparently Jesus has a sand clock that never runs out.

Seems he also has royal stables, cause he will be returning on a white horse.

Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Look, the way science works is that it observes the evidence, makes a conclusion, and does some observations to test that conslucion.
If new evidence shows up, the conclusion can be modified. That has happened MANY TIMES in all branches of science.

You can bet any christian on trial for a serious crime would welcome modern forensic science proving their innocence.
and any christian already imprisoned would welcome new improved less error prone science that could overturn a wrong conviction.

I wonder if there are any christians out there that would insist that prayers are the answer rather than LE using forensic science
to assist in capture and conviction of the killer or rapist of their child.

The Pope recently got stuck in a Vatican lift, but it wasn't prayers that got him out , it was a team of trained firefighters.

And then they thank god, whereas god put them in that position in the first place.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

Why?

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did Jesus take his resurrected earthly body to heaven on ascension?

What form does Jesus take when sitting at the right hand of God in Heaven?

IF Jesus does not have an actual physical presence in heaven, then where did his physical form body end up?

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by DBT

Why?

Why? Because rate of change is what we call time. If God exists and is capable of thought, that thought has a beginning a middle and an end, the thought has a rate of progress from beginning to end and the rate of progress is time....time being relative.

Last edited by DBT; 09/14/19.
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
207 members (32_20fan, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 30 invisible), 2,089 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,645
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.