M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
...this is for your own good...

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
BP-B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
So you're better off killing the kids before they become "eligible" for hell

Psalm 137:
137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman

.... The good shepherd only needs to guide the sick, lost and wayward sheep.....

So why does he let babies and children die of cancer before they have a chance to accept jesus as their saviour thereby condeming them to hell. Tha
t's one cruel puppet master.

How about car wreck, wars, famine, or just being left in a hot car. Is that any less tragic?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
~The Riddle of Epicurus~
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Older than Christianity

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Respone to Nighthawk:

No, not at all. My example was selected to remove as much "human intervention" effects as possible. Your examples include human negligence or deliberate action (except famine) which are hard to pin on god.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 09/15/19.

Well?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So if the results are equally vile why not stop that too? So why not no kids, or nobody else for that matter, is allowed to die until they have the opportunity to accept Jesus? Traditionally the age of reason was 7 years, incapable of truly accepting Jesus before that.

An extreme question but something that needs to be answered in forming a universal principl on suffering.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hindus, Buddhists, etc, have their own religious beliefs that don't involve accepting Jesus.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
In the mid 1500s god used to kill 25% of children under the age of 2 1/2 years.

In the early 1990s medicine (science) had reduced that number to 1% (under 2 1/2 year old).

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Traditionally the age of reason was 7 years, incapable of truly accepting Jesus before that.

traditionally.....so when did the church actually establish and put into effect...
Canon. 97 §2.
"A minor before the completion of the seventh year is called an infant and is considered not responsible for oneself (non sui compos).
With the completion of the seventh year, however, a minor is presumed to have the use of reason"

Was it as late as the earlier part of the 17th century?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hell I don't know and moreover don't care. Probably comes from Jewish law. But it's tangential to the issue, pick whichever age you like. Pretty much common sense. In American law the age varies by state. In my state a child cannot be held responsible for his actions before the age of ten. (Parents may be liable through the tort of negligent supervision)

Which explains a lot.
IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Ringman

.... The good shepherd only needs to guide the sick, lost and wayward sheep.....

So why does he let babies and children die of cancer before they have a chance to accept jesus as their saviour thereby condeming them to hell. That's one cruel puppet master.

What you call "cruel puppet master" is actually an Infinitely Wise God Who cursed the universe. If you actually read the Bible carefully you would know God is no respecter of people. Age is not considered as far as the consequence of Adam's sin.

About the kids, careful study of God's Word shows God has an age when He imputes guilt. That age is twenty. Below that all souls are saved from hell. Above that they are responsible to accept God's Gift of His Son to be saved from hell.

I think it's pretty evil to punish innocent descendants and babies for thousands of years just because you're mad at Adam for stealing an apple.

Hell, why didn't you just put a fence around the apple tree? Couldn't you just grow another apple?

And when you decided to stop punishing everyone for something they didn't do, it's really evil that you, who are supposedly omnipotent, couldn't think of anything but torturing your son to death.

All of which goes to show the absurdity of the Book of Genesis.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So you're better off killing the kids before they become "eligible" for hell

You might be. There's more to Scripture than that. We are told to rear up our children in the fear of the Lord so they bring up children in the fear of the Lord.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I think it's pretty evil to punish innocent descendants and babies for thousands of years just because you're mad at Adam for stealing an apple.

Hell, why didn't you just put a fence around the apple tree? Couldn't you just grow another apple?

And when you decided to stop punishing everyone for something they didn't do, it's really evil that you, who are supposedly omnipotent, couldn't think of anything but torturing your son to death.

Or you are commenting on things you have little knowledge of.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The story of Adam and Eve and the fall makes very little sense, except as a bronze age narrative to explain why the world is the way it is, the existence of hardship and suffering. A story borrowed from older cultures and adapted to suit the cultural and religious needs of the tribe of Israel.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Or you are commenting on things you have little knowledge of.

Nope. He's got it about right.

It is you who know nothing about morality because your blind faith in your religion broke your morality.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Faith being the assumption of knowledge where no knowledge exists....

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You people are running around in circles saying silly things. For one thin Adam and Eve only had one responsibility and that was to not eat from that one tree but what did they do? What you people are doing.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by rainshot
You people are running around in circles saying silly things. For one thin Adam and Eve only had one responsibility and that was to not eat from that one tree but what did they do? What you people are doing.

Did God know they were going to do that?

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

So why does he let babies and children die of cancer before they have a chance to accept jesus as their saviour thereby condeming them to hell. That's one cruel puppet master.

What you call "cruel puppet master" is actually an Infinitely Wise God Who cursed the universe. If you actually read the Bible carefully you would know God is no respecter of people. Age is not considered as far as the consequence of Adam's sin.

About the kids, careful study of God's Word shows God has an age when He imputes guilt. That age is twenty. Below that all souls are saved from hell. Above that they are responsible to accept God's Gift of His Son to be saved from hell.

Why would God curse the universe if he made It?

And where in the Bible does it specify the age of 20? Are you saying that an MS-13 member is free to commit felonies if he's 19 years old?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by rainshot

Did God know they were going to do that?

And, did they have a choice in the matter?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
374 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 36 invisible), 2,313 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,898
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.