Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Taxidermy animals hung on walls and around inside a home pretty well tip off service, delivery people, etc., that there's likely guns on the premises, as well.

It may not be them you need to be concerned with so much as who they may share what they saw with or overheard discussing at the next table over.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
By the time Instagram and Twitter joined Facebook with detailed pings about the time and place of the wedding, would-be burglars had a digital road map of our whereabouts.

They only repeated what they had been told.
If you want "privacy" you shouldn't be using electronic communication devices.
I like Facebook to keep in touch with relatives, but I don't post detailed information about anything at all.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by gunzo
I don't have FB but wife does & I've reminded her many times about not announcing we are away from home or about to be.

Then, wouldn't ya know it, out with friends a few weeks ago, 30 miles from home. What does one of them do? Take pics & post them public on the spot, I found out days later. I had asked my wife about the the pics & knowing I know little to nothing about FB, wife played dumb or played it down.

My daughter whom is 800 miles away knew about our night out, & explained how our friend had all her stuff public. I guess so she can be seen as much as possible. Eff that stupid assed chit. Not everyone needs to know my business & I damn sure don''t need my door kicked in at the house while I'm out trying to enjoy myself.

Gonna have to act like I'm wanted or the like, not allowing my pic to be taken & telling no one of future plans.

Foul !! I have reacted like anti gunners do. I've realized that maybe Facebook is not a problem with my dislikes. A facebook user/users are part of my dislikes.

I know little about FB itself & therefore have spoken without knowledge. As usual the user is the problem in my case, maybe across the board. Just like other things we know.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Thats why I have a phone,If I want to talk to you I will call,or if ya want to talk to me call me. Its easy and no bs.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

476 members (222Sako, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 37 invisible), 1,797 guests, and 1,034 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,604
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.