Print Thread
Hop To
E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Guys,

Just received about 2 cases of 20ga. skeet reloads in AA hulls from a friends' dad that recently passed. The problem is they were reloaded on a MEC 650 that does not size them. They will not chamber in my O/U so I need to supersize them.

If anyone has one lying around no longer in use, please let me know, maybe we can make a deal.

Thanks for the replies in advance,

Elk Country

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
BP-B2

35 Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Do you really think that`s a good idea ?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Why not?

laissez les bons temps rouler
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
elkcountry, you can't have mine but you might find that a crimping device in the plumbing department of a home improvement store such as those made for PEX plumbing might work. I have them in 5/8" and 3/4", one could probably get them to work well enough.

I've used crimpers and flange tools meant for automobile exhaust systems to adjust opening sizes of light metal tubes and there are some that are meant for much smaller diameters. A heavy duty hose clamp may even work though it would be tedious.

35- there would be no problem sizing loaded rounds, there is nothing impinging on the primer. I've done it hundreds of times myself using either a Supersizer or the resizing collet on a Grabber or Sizemaster. It is a designed purpose of the device.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Super Sizers are a fantastic tool. I can not imagine not using one. One pull on the handle and every case is back to minimum.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It seems the equivalent of a bushing die could be made easily if you can't find the sizer. Another slower option would be to buy a used original whack a mole Lee reloader the sizer is very effective and if used on a base with a hole for the primer should be safe enough. I know I have 12 gauge sizers of various types but not sure about 20 gauge.

The pipe flanger sounds like a good option.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Thanks for the help guys!

I think my best option is to purchase a 20ga. collet replacement for my 12ga. supersizer from Ballistic products.

Like this one!

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/MEC-Collet-Pad-Conversion-Kit-8167/productinfo/1308167/

Elk Country

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The obvious solution. You can be on the look out for a used unit if you want one dedicated by gauge, but changing the collets is no big deal.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
92 members (35, 308ld, 338reddog, 7887mm08, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,587 guests, and 724 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,764
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.