Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Price on the 243 just went back up to $1600+. Damn.

The 243's went back up to 1640, then went back down to 1150. Twice maybe. Driving me crazy with indecision, don't need one, but what a price. And, a 243 might be more versatile for me than others.

Anybody need 700 ADL or BDL synthetics?

GB1

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Price on the 243 just went back up to $1600+. Damn.

The 243's went back up to 1640, then went back down to 1150. Twice maybe. Driving me crazy with indecision, don't need one, but what a price. And, a 243 might be more versatile for me than others.

Anybody need 700 ADL or BDL synthetics?

best not to linger ...

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
What length barrel does the 6mm CM have?

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
21” in the unthreaded; 18” in the threaded

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks AKwolverine, I'm looking for at least the 21"

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I bought the last 21" creedmoor and just finished putting a scope on it and loading a few rounds. I put a leupold 20 Moa rail, Warne low 30mm rings, and a SS 3-9 on it. Took the trigger down to 2.25#, it came set just over 4#.

I started loading with 108 eldms because I have 500 of them and haven't tried them in anything yet. If it doesn't work I'll go 105 bthp. The 108s kiss at 2.83 so the throat is pretty long. I'm loading some H4350 in .5g increments to find pressure. If that doesn't work I'll try Rl16, 17, 23, and maybe 26. Might also try h4831sc. I started with H4350 because I have several other guns that love it so I always have a bunch.

I'm finally going to get out and try my 8 twist t3x 22-250 too. I'm starting it with 80g eldm over H4350.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 10/02/19.
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
I just bought a demo in 224V the gun shop Barrett owns. They had some other demos in different calibers, that looked new other than some handling marks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Where’s that?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Just saw this thread...

The Barrett’s on sale were purchased at a special price. Barrett had some inventory on rifles they are no longer planning to manufacture. I think I bought 51 in total? The good news, only half shipped in the first go round. More are coming.

As to the pricing changes - the programmers were working out some kinks. Prices fluctuated for a couple days. The other potential issue - if we sell out of the rifles at the special price of $1150 and the distributor providing us a feed has some left in stock, the price on our site goes back up to reflect the distributor’s price (not our sale price).

Hope that explains it. I know we still have some 18” threaded guns on the shelf. I also know more 21” guns are coming 😀

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Wow ...

Last edited by AKwolverine; 10/02/19.
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Anybody shoot theirs yet?

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I shot mine. A couple of rounds sighting it in and then a 3 shot group. I was in a hurry and right after my second shot some ass clown pulled up to the range jumped out and said I'm shutting the range down to go hang a target. I said hold on a minute I've got 1 shot I need to shoot. He said you can wait until I get back and started walking.

It really pissed me off. It was my first trip to the public range in 2 years. Of course the 300 yard guys started walking too and had a 15 minute meeting down range. After 25 minutes I got to shoot my 3rd shot. It looked really good, sub Moa, through the 3-9 scope but I didn't have time to wait for the next range close to go get my target.

I hate the range around hunting season. Every time a car pulls up they want to immediately go hang a target. Even if you just opened the range again as they are pulling up. It always takes 20 minutes for someone to go hang a target.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 10/06/19.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
What’s a public range?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I shot mine. A couple of rounds sighting it in and then a 3 shot group. I was in a hurry and right after my second shot some ass clown pulled up to the range jumped out and said I'm shutting the range down to go hang a target. I said hold on a minute I've got 1 shot I need to shoot. He said you can wait until I get back and started walking.

It really pissed me off. It was my first trip to the public range in 2 years. Of course the 300 yard guys started walking too and had a 15 minute meeting down range. After 25 minutes I got to shoot my 3rd shot. It looked really good, sub Moa, through the 3-9 scope but I didn't have time to wait for the next range close to go get my target.

I hate the range around hunting season. Every time a car pulls up they want to immediately go hang a target. Even if you just opened the range again as they are pulling up. It always takes 20 minutes for someone to go hang a target.

Bb

Glad I have a private range to shoot. We have rules to follow for safety and proper respect for shooters already on the line. Once someone needs to go down range it's a mutual respect thing then shooters move back off the firing line, make a safe weapon and then they can go hang a target. Good to hear your rifle shoots sub moa.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I don’t use public ranges, because of idiots like those mentioned. Try that schit with me, there will be an education coming. People act like that because people let them. Where I live, the trouble at public ranges is more safety related than utter rudeness related. You get your ass stomped for acting like that here. Just screamed at and treated like an idiot over safety.

I quit going to public ranges after I damn near had to draw down on an old man pointing a Mare’s Leg at me even after I yelled at him to point it down range. My hand was on my pistol and I was pulling it when his son grabbed him from behind and pointed both him and the gun downrange. After three successively louder commands to point the gun downrange with no evidence of cooperation from him, I was starting to think maybe he wasn’t just being stupid.

If he had rolled up and thought I was going to let him run the range, he would have been shown different. As it was, he just got cussed good and I packed up and left.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
I don’t use public ranges, because of idiots like those mentioned. Try that schit with me, there will be an education coming. People act like that because people let them. Where I live, the trouble at public ranges is more safety related than utter rudeness related. You get your ass stomped for acting like that here. Just screamed at and treated like an idiot over safety.

I quit going to public ranges after I damn near had to draw down on an old man pointing a Mare’s Leg at me even after I yelled at him to point it down range. My hand was on my pistol and I was pulling it when his son grabbed him from behind and pointed both him and the gun downrange. After three successively louder commands to point the gun downrange with no evidence of cooperation from him, I was starting to think maybe he wasn’t just being stupid.

If he had rolled up and thought I was going to let him run the range, he would have been shown different. As it was, he just got cussed good and I packed up and left.

It's amazing at the amount of stupid people who point their rifle at someone and don't know it. I had to call someone out at my range. Even with rules and regulations stupid people do stupid things.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
We were walking back from hanging targets one day and the guy in the lane right next to me opened fire while we were down range. I heard the bullet whiz past me. Everyone started yelling at the idiot and he argued with them that I was in a different lane at least 10 feet beside where he was shooting. Lucky for him another guy ran his ass off the range while 2 others held me back.

There's also been at least 2 times I've been down at the 200 hanging a target when someone pulls up to the range, jumps out and opens fire on the 100 which is on the same line. I've had to hide behind the 100 yard bank until they're done. They never notice my 5 or 6 rifles, rest, gear bag, and chrony sitting on the bench next to them or my truck parked there and wonder where I am. It's always a tactikool guy with an AK or AR because they don't even bother to hang a target. They just jump out of their honda civic and open fire while moving towards the line.

I should have built my new home just a bit further out of town on a bit more land so i could set up my own range.

I have a series of three different charge weights loaded and hope to get out to shoot a few more groups. I hope the first one wasn't a fluke because it did look good through the scope.

Bb

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Shot the 6 creed again this morning. Tried 3 different charges of the same load. The first was 40.5g H4350, cci 250, horn brass, 108 eldm at 2.82". I fired a fouler and then a 3 shot group, all 3 were touching, looks pretty close to 1/4 Moa at 100 yds. The next was 41g and it opened up. It was two together and one an inch or so out. The next load was 41.5 g and it was about the same as 41, two together and a flyer an inch or so out.

I loaded several more of the 40.5 g loads to see if I can get it to shoot like it did this morning again. I don't know how many months it'll be before we get another windless day like today. I hope the 40.5 load was not a fluke. It only clocked 2908 fps so I'll try some other loads and powders later. I think I'm going to go ahead and hunt deer with the 40.5 load this week.

I also shot my T3x 22-250 8 twist for the first time today. I loaded 36g H4350, win brass, cci 250, and a 80g eldm at 2.63". I sighted it in with a few rounds and then shot 2 three shot groups that were both right at 1/2 Moa at 100 yds. It chonied 3058 fps and seemed pretty mild but it shot so well I came home and loaded 20 more to play with.

I also shot a 243 model 70 stainless classic I picked up. It has an old B&L 3-9 on it and I just used some 100g federal blue box factory stuff because I only have 105s loaded otherwise. It sighted right in and shot about 3/4 Moa at 100. That was with the trigger at about 7 pounds. I forgot to take the trigger down before I took it to the range but it appears to be a shooter too.

The range was much better today. Only 2 other guys there and they seemed like good guys and were easy to shoot with. They couldn't believe the 40.5 group from the fieldcraft.

Bb

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Bb

Had a guy do that once to a buddy and I. Maybe 1 or 2 others on the range.

We racked our rifles, waited for him to finish.

Then we took turns shooting at the target he was using to sight in.

Funniest damn thing listening to rant and rave how he couldn't get his rifle sighted.

He finally gave up and left.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The 6CM has become my favorite predator cartridge.

The 108 ELD M kills well and doesn't destroy fur. Face on shots on wolves and coyotes have resulted in a 6mm entrance and no exit.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 16penny, 53 invisible), 2,687 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,225
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.