Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#14126442 09/14/19
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Boys, been on the road all day and yesterday, getting from MO to central Montana. The fun began at Cheyenne, After running the Nebraska road agent gauntlet, literally from one border to the other, Wyoming was a breath of fresh air, nothing but lightly traveled road with an 80 mph limit, and watching the speed goats and mule deer along the way. Lunch at Parkland, WY with a friend or two, and on to Montana. Visiting a friend here near Ryegate, and happy as a pig in slop! This country is teeming with game, the weather is perfect, and the surroundings are spectacular. Lots of folks love the west side, and it is beautiful, but anyone neglecting the east side is shorting themselves- bigly. (For all you city folks and liberals, pay no mind, it’s really just a run down remote place full of ignorant and deplorable throwbacks, and the ugly is everywhere.... whistle) Been grinning since I got north of Cheyenne. Probably won’t quit until I hit Denver on the way home.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are too many Democrats living there.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Oklahoma is a mere pimple on the ass of the US compared to Montana. LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Okie, All the more reason for good folks with brains to move here. I can build anything, why not an insane asylum where it’s needed?😂

Jokes aside, you have been hanging out in the wrong parts of the state, or more likely, not been here much if any at all.

Last edited by OldGrayWolf; 09/14/19.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Who are your friends in Ryegate?
I am on the other side of the mountain.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ummm, OGW, where the hell is Parkland WY?

[Linked Image]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Have a great trip OldGreyWolf !!!

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Now remember, that pimple runs blood red, MB.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Thar grin will stop around ft Collins and not reappear until after pueblos. The front range sucks, I know lived here all my life
Have a good trip otherwise

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
OldGrayWolf: Spent LOTS of time around Ryegate and the surrounding country, Hunting Varmints and big game (Mule Deer and Antelope).
It is indeed wonderful country with Big Sky galore.
Enjoy your stay in the Treasure State.
Drive careful - especially after dark as the Deer will be out and about with this moon.
Is there much water in the Musselshell?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by jnyork
Ummm, OGW, where the hell is Parkland WY?

Just north of Ranchester. Spot in the road. Great little bar there with good food. About one jump south of the MT/WY line.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Have fun.

Keep it under your hat eh!

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Now remember, that pimple runs blood red, MB.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by kennyd
Thar grin will stop around ft Collins and not reappear until after pueblos. The front range sucks, I know lived here all my life
Have a good trip otherwise

Grin quits at Denver because that is where we hit what I call the east again. We will be coming down through Irish canyon and across to Steamboat, down 40 to 70. Steamboat’s no prize either, but there is still some nice country between there and Denver, so a slight grin may persist. It really starts shrinking when I hit Hayden.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
OldGrayWolf: Spent LOTS of time around Ryegate and the surrounding country, Hunting Varmints and big game (Mule Deer and Antelope).
It is indeed wonderful country with Big Sky galore.
Enjoy your stay in the Treasure State.
Drive careful - especially after dark as the Deer will be out and about with this moon.
Is there much water in the Musselshell?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Musselshell is in good shape. Not high, and running good. At least to my foreign eye. And we won’t be out after dark. Did see a dead deer on the side of the road in Harlowton. Not a surprise here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Laffin!

It's PARKMAN, Wyoming. But yeah, pretty cool spot. Taking the frontage road there is one of my favorite little diversions when I'm on 25.

And I lived in Steamboat for about 7 years, right about the time it stopped being real and was ruined by the Communists. A look 20 years into the future of certain parts of Montana, almost exactly.

Have a great trip.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Have fun.

Keep it under your hat eh!

Eh? You a Canuck, Jim, or just too damn close to them? 😁

Don’t worry. I won’t be leading a band of hippies to the promised land out here. Hell, I don’t like people enough to tell them about it, myself! A big part of the draw for me is the lack of people, both here and in Wyoming. My wife enjoyed a long car ride with no swearing for once. I don’t live here yet, but out here someplace is home. Not my first trip, and every trip, going back east has been a real downer. Told her today. when we get out here for good, she will have a job to do to get me east of Cheyenne again.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Laffin!

It's PARKMAN, Wyoming. But yeah, pretty cool spot. Taking the frontage road there is one of my favorite little diversions when I'm on 25.

And I lived in Steamboat for about 7 years, right about the time it stopped being real and was ruined by the Communists. A look 20 years into the future of certain parts of Montana, almost exactly.

Have a great trip.

Yeah, it is Parkman! Well, they didn’t exactly have a city limit sign to spell it out for me.... cut a hillbilly some slack, here!😁

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just enjoy yourself. Count yourself lucky you're one of the few to experience Parkman. Most people just zoom by, that's their loss. I used to go through there every spring, with wall to wall emerald green grass on a high tide of mountains. Imagine, late afternoon, spring squalls just past with shiny wet cows under a double rainbow. Lost that box of slides in a move.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Montana sucks! Too small.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

640 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 71 invisible), 3,017 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,116
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.