Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The Western Channel has been running quite a few Audie Murphy movies lately.

Frankly, I just now discovering them. Of course I knew who Mr. Murphy was, and his deeds and decorations, I had just not taken the time to watch any of his movies before now.

They are much better than 99% of the crap Hollywood comes out with nowadays, so I enjoy them much!

If anyone else is an Audie Murphy fan, check the Western Channel before they go away...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thanks Barry, I am a fan of Mister Murphy, not just the actor, more so the patriot, and hero.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Been a fan since I was a kid.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
His 1954 film Destry was always one of my favorites.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When he gets off that stagecoach holding a parasol and a birdcage! grin
I forget the female lead's name, but I remember she was in Jubal and a couple other westerns. Gorgeous lady, much better than Marlene Dietrich.
I've got To Hell And Back on DVD and read the book twice. I've also got a biography called The Price Of Valor which covers his life from childhood to his death. His dad was a drunk and ran off, leaving the family destitute.
Murphy has been one of my heroes from the time I was old enough to understand what he had done.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I find it a shame that snow flakes will never know or understand what men like this did for out country.
I guess illegals fall into the same category. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
When visiting Arlington Cemetery his gravesite was one of the real necessities for me to see. He by far exemplifies the heart and soul of what an American is. I felt no such feelings for JFK and RFK gravesites. Those two couldn’t tie Audie Murphy’s shoes let alone stand in them.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Been a fan for many years.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
He was a true American Hero. I think he said he liked making movies but he couldn't act. I think he acted fine but at the time he was making movies I don't think the industry was capable of filming well enough to do acting any justice.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rainshot
He was a true American Hero. I think he said he liked making movies but he couldn't act. I think he acted fine but at the time he was making movies I don't think the industry was capable of filming well enough to do acting any justice.

I don't think he was a great actor either.

He didn't have to "act".. He was the real deal.

Have noticed that in some movie scenes when he's shooting a bad guy, they zoom in on his face to show the determination and expression on his face as he shoots the enemy...

I doubt that was "acting" either. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
When he gets off that stagecoach holding a parasol and a birdcage! grin
I forget the female lead's name, but I remember she was in Jubal and a couple other westerns. Gorgeous lady, much better than Marlene Dietrich.
I've got To Hell And Back on DVD and read the book twice. I've also got a biography called The Price Of Valor which covers his life from childhood to his death. His dad was a drunk and ran off, leaving the family destitute.
Murphy has been one of my heroes from the time I was old enough to understand what he had done.
7mm

Hate to disagree, but Marlene Dietrich was heads and shoulders above Mari Blanchard, the lady of who you speak of, as far as acting ability. Not even close in that department, although she was better looking.

The 1954 movie Destry doesn't even compare to the original 1939 Destry Rides Again, but then again, Audie Murphy was no James Stewart.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Rossimp
When visiting Arlington Cemetery his gravesite was one of the real necessities for me to see. He by far exemplifies the heart and soul of what an American is. I felt no such feelings for JFK and RFK gravesites. Those two couldn’t tie Audie Murphy’s shoes let alone stand in them.

Most here know how I feel about dimocraps, but I think JFK died trying to save this country from the deep state cabal and its C_A enforcer and Robert died from being his would be accomplice in trying to take down the cabals illegal golden goose we know as the Fed. He also kept the Soviet nukes off our porch.

He was surrounded by and overcome by the same low life murderous scum Trump is fighting this very moment for his and our survival as a nation.

I think no one can do more than give their life for their country.

Audie did certainly offer his.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/15/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by rainshot

I don't think he was a great actor either.

He didn't have to "act".. He was the real deal.

Have noticed that in some movie scenes when he's shooting a bad guy, they zoom in on his face to show the determination and expression on his face as he shoots the enemy...

I doubt that was "acting" either. wink

As far as acting ability, Murphy was not that good. If I made a list of my favorite Western actors, Audie Murphy wouldn't make the top 25. I'll watch a Murphy Western if there is nothing else on, and I'll admit to having watched just about all of them.

As far as Audie Murphy the war hero, that's a different matter, and I don't like to compare the two. He got an acting contract because of what he did in WW2, and that's fair enough, as perhaps he should have. But, I cringe when I hear people call him a great actor, because I don't see it.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Not trying to stir any pot and respect your feelings regarding JFK and RFK. My opinion and only my opinion is perhaps both lost their lives as not for serving the country but for payback for their father’s criminal enterprises and the particular folks he ran with and made deals with. Not to mention JFK’s problem with prescription drugs and personal doctors needed for injections as well as his reckless affairs. Back then all us regular folks never got real story through news outlets, today the lid would be blown off.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was not a Kennedy fan, and that was mostly because of Robert and the Chappaquiddick Killer, Teddy. I very well remember the 1960 election, and the problem that a lot of Southern Democrats had with voting for a Boston Catholic. But as far as presidents go, JFK was not all that bad of one.

Also, I think his WW2 record and the story that followed was a good one. We must also never forget that the oldest Kennedy brother lost his life in the war.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Growing up, we had the Audie Murphy Rodeo Arena. Right next to Brown's Lake, where anybody could
fish anytime. It's all under the concrete and asphalt of the "New High School" now.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Rossimp
today the lid would be blown off.

Only if Trump did it. Any Democrat would be safe and protected by the media.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by poboy
Growing up, we had the Audie Murphy Rodeo Arena. Right next to Brown's Lake, where anybody could
fish anytime. It's all under the concrete and asphalt of the "New High School" now.

I think a lot of our values as a country have been paved over by the public school system.

We ought to bring back the rodeos and lakes, and home school our kids.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by poboy

I think a lot of our values as a country have been paved over by the public school system.

We ought to bring back the rodeos and lakes, and home school our kids.

Yes, but it will never happen, at least not in the numbers it should. We, who have conservative values, have stood by and watched it disappear, and for the most part, done nothing to stop it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

One of Audie Murphy's best performances in my opinion was in the early '60s movie, The Unforgiven, starring Burt Lancaster and Audrey Hepburn.

His was a supporting role as the hothead, not always good, brother of Lancaster and Hepburn, who. unknown to her, was really no blood kin but an Indian foundling taken in and raised as one of their family.

(Full Movie)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,735
Posts18,457,589
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.