-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
JFK was a democrat in a time when the Democratic Party and ideals were far, far different than they are today. I just hope that the general populace wakes up to that fact before it’s too late.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by lastround
JFK was a democrat in a time when the Democratic Party and ideals were far, far different than they are today. I just hope that the general populace wakes up to that fact before it’s too late.

My Mom and Dad were a couple serious Democrats, but they were not Liberal. They were more Conservative than most today.
Audie was from Kingston, Tx in Hunt county. We have a museum "https://cottonmuseum.com/" in Greenville, Texas, that is called by all, The Audie Murphy museum.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
When he gets off that stagecoach holding a parasol and a birdcage! grin
I forget the female lead's name, but I remember she was in Jubal and a couple other westerns. Gorgeous lady, much better than Marlene Dietrich.
I've got To Hell And Back on DVD and read the book twice. I've also got a biography called The Price Of Valor which covers his life from childhood to his death. His dad was a drunk and ran off, leaving the family destitute.
Murphy has been one of my heroes from the time I was old enough to understand what he had done.
7mm

I believe that actress's name would be Valerie French

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
are those major insignia on his epaulets?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I liked all of Audie Murphy's movies. They were made without dropping the F-bomb and saying Mutha-F**ker every other sentence like Samuel L. Jackson does in every movie he appears in. A simpler time with much different moral standards. Murphy earned everything he had given to him after the war. He defined the word HERO.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fubarguy

He was a major in the Texas National Guard after the war.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by rockinbbar

During WW2 he was battlefield commissioned 1st Lt. in the regular U.S. Army Infantry due to his bravery and leadership.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by joken2

One of Audie Murphy's best performances in my opinion was in the early '60s movie, The Unforgiven, starring Burt Lancaster and Audrey Hepburn.

His was a supporting role as the hothead, not always good, brother of Lancaster and Hepburn, who. unknown to her, was really no blood kin but an Indian foundling taken in and raised as one of their family. ...

I agree. Murphy was very good in The Unforgiven.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
1960 Unforgiven was one of the best.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Not many Audie's left in this world.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 09/16/19.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

IC B3

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Oddly his name came up in a conversation with my Grandchildren. Grand daughter said she has a new classmate named Audie, (female), which started the ball rolling. Now they know who Audie Murphy is!!!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
GriTV plays many of the old westerns with Audie in them.

Sierra was just on yesterday, and I believe that is one of his best. The scenery is beautiful as well as the story line.

Remember, actors are limited as to how good the writer can write a good script.

Every good actor has their unique body language, and I believe Audie had a "VERY" unique body language that added to his acting, just like John Wayne had his unique body language.

It is very unfortunate his life was cut short in the plane crash, where he was headed to meet to make a deal to resurrect his carrier.

May this TEXAN'S heroric life, memory, and honor, live forever.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Been to his gravesite on several occasions. Matter of fact one of those flags I put there!

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Audie_Murphy_grave_-_Arlington_National_Cemetery_-_2011 by .com/photos/61286670N08/]Sharps Man, on [bleep]

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Western Channel has been running quite a few Audie Murphy movies lately.

Frankly, I just now discovering them. Of course I knew who Mr. Murphy was, and his deeds and decorations, I had just not taken the time to watch any of his movies before now.

They are much better than 99% of the crap Hollywood comes out with nowadays, so I enjoy them much!

If anyone else is an Audie Murphy fan, check the Western Channel before they go away...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Thanks for posting . . . more comments on Audie here . . . https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13863961/1

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

He got into the Army by way of the TX NG. He was too short to enlist in the active duty branches. The TX NG was federalized during WWII and the rest is history.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,953
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.