Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wyo1895
You gonna use that 22-250 on something?

Well, I can think of a few things I'm not going to use it on, like bears! laugh I did shoot a bear with a rather smallish cartridge once, *cough* 5.56 *cough*, but that foolishness passed much quicker than the bear did. If he ever did....

LOL
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ericn
Nice job Fireball. The pack is tough, I'm sure, but honest work with real rewards. Congratulations.
Eric

Wasn't bad. Steep but short.

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Next Tuesday, huh? Wish I could but too short notice, and too late to ship a rifle without paying a king's ransom in overnight fees and last minute flights. With any luck Ole Cinnamon will survive and be 500 pounds of ferocious man-eating Savage fodder next year!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Next Tuesday, huh? Wish I could but too short notice, and too late to ship a rifle without paying a king's ransom in overnight fees and last minute flights. With any luck Ole Cinnamon will survive and be 500 pounds of ferocious man-eating Savage fodder next year!

He might but we might not! All that hard living when we was younger is startin' ta take it's toll!

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Don't I know it...!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
congrats Roy!
next year you need to get you a Avalanche with a winch and a mile of wire rope! grin
Bears are just starting to work the apples here. still some purple from hucks in their scat!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
that's outstanding Roy, that was on my bucket list, before my back went to crap.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats Roy, The only time I see a bear is when the game commission traps them in the corn field. They are long gone by hunting season. Trapped 10 last year, 6 so far this year.

Mike

NRA Patron Member

If its "Made in America", its not setting on a container ship!
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Congrads Roy! guess thats the 1St game killed with a 99 for 2019, need to start that Too! I should have a buddy on a nice black bear this sunday! I hope but hes going to use a Henry 41 mag, but its a Leave action! hope to film it for him!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
OH MY, just had a Tinker Bell thought! Perfect project for a multi barrel take down gun. Get an in line muzzle loader barrel threaded for a take down and you could start hunting with a 99 a month or so earlier? Roy? Jeff? should be an easy one?

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The answer to the question no one asked!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Nicely done!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Bear-B-Q at our house tonight. Had another great day.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Neat stuff! I always thought it would be cool to hunt bear.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
My Buddy got his Bear sunday! was in the Blind 10 mins when he came in. I had told him to shoot the bears 2 times, he shot it one time with the Henery 41 mag, it fell off the log it was on. kinda in a sitting pos.he looked at me and said I got him, I said SHOOTn again! the bear jumped off and ran he thru 2 shots at it, the second one hit a foot behind the bear! we waited about 40 mins, and went to where he shot it, he said all that work and its over in 10 mins. I said Over we still have to find him and get him out! that was at ten mins to three started tracking at 3:30. I let Jack start tracking told him to be ready, hes not that good at Tracking, so I took over. I had my Colt Delta 10mm in my hand, a 1/2 mile later I saw the bear dead facing hes back trail 240-250 Male. 2 and 1/2 hrs it took to find him. he was only 125yrds off and old trail but i didnt know this trail a 3 mile walk back to my side by side, then drove back used my Jet sled to drag him to the side by side. got him and the sled on the Hitch & hall and drove home , time 7:35 I did gut him and we iced him down. I cant post pics or I would! his shot was a bit forward. Over my arse!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Whoa! Good story!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by saddlering
My Buddy got his Bear sunday! was in the Blind 10 mins when he came in. I had told him to shoot the bears 2 times, he shot it one time with the Henery 41 mag, it fell off the log it was on. kinda in a sitting pos.he looked at me and said I got him, I said SHOOTn again! the bear jumped off and ran he thru 2 shots at it, the second one hit a foot behind the bear! we waited about 40 mins, and went to where he shot it, he said all that work and its over in 10 mins. I said Over we still have to find him and get him out! that was at ten mins to three started tracking at 3:30. I let Jack start tracking told him to be ready, hes not that good at Tracking, so I took over. I had my Colt Delta 10mm in my hand, a 1/2 mile later I saw the bear dead facing hes back trail 240-250 Male. 2 and 1/2 hrs it took to find him. he was only 125yrds off and old trail but i didnt know this trail a 3 mile walk back to my side by side, then drove back used my Jet sled to drag him to the side by side. got him and the sled on the Hitch & hall and drove home , time 7:35 I did gut him and we iced him down. I cant post pics or I would! his shot was a bit forward. Over my arse!

Bear shooting can turn into a real clown show.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
ain't over till its in the frying pan!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
we took him to a Butcher have Bear Brats made and Maple Breakfast sausage!

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by saddlering

Bear shooting can turn into a real clown show.

Have tickets for Insane Clown Posse up in Syracuse next month.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1minute, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,259 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,209
Posts18,466,141
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.