Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
If you can find one, a Kahles rimfire 2-7 is hard to beat. This one on a Cooper Classic .22LR.

Ultimate, I don't know. But IMO, it would be hard to find a better squirrel hunting rig, rifle and scope.

I know I like it.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I just saw one of these kahles for sale this morning, $425...
What’s the going price. I rarely see them.

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I ordered one of these this morning for a Ruger 77/22. I'm interested to see how it performs.

https://www.natchezss.com/burris-dr...-reticle-33-13-fov-3-1-3-8-er-matte.html

I am curious to see how you like it. I piddled with a Droptine in Academy and I thought the glass was really good.

I'll post up after I get it mounted and have time to take it out.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
My CZ452 has worn a Nikon 3-9 rimfire with the BDC for several years now. Normally I’m not a fan of bullet drop compensating reticle but it works really well for the .22.

I hunt tree squirrels September through November pretty heavily and find this combination works very well.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My old Anschutz 141 .22 WRM wears a Leupold 3-9 EFR Rimfire scope. It works well enough for me out to about 200 yards, but then again, I'm not a very good shot.

Mathew 22: 37-39

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i will give the nod for a simple 3x9 Leupold,but i do like to use a Harris swivel bi-pod on my squirrel rifle. my reason is i like to head shoot all my squirrels no meat lost and much easier to clean too . i always use a squirrel call too sit,wait 5 minutes and start callin try to be by nut type trees too or corn fields ,look for squirrel nests too. good luck,and stay still ,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have Simmons 4x. Leupold 4x rimfire. Burris droptine 3x9 ballistic plex. Bushnell trophy 3x9 mil dot. Bushnell trophy 4x12 AO. My favorite is the 3x9 trophy mil dot.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Burris FFII Ballistic Plex 3x9

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
And about as close to the Universal Solution as can be found these days.....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Leopold 1.5 X5 on my Ruger 77/22 CPC reticle works fine. --- Mel

The only thing I'm an expert at is my own opinion, and I have plenty of those!
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I use a SWFA 6x on my About 22 mag and really like it. The reticle is very good in tree tops and is fast. Adjustable paralax is really helpful too.

“Lighten up Francis”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Another option is the Leupold 3-9x33 EFR. Not as bright as the Kahles, but not bad. It does have adjustable parallax which is good at closer range.

This one is on a .22LR CZ 2500 with 29" barrel. Pretty quiet with that long tube. Timney trigger. Not quite as accurate as the Cooper, but accurate,

DF

Wow , you could poke a squirrel out the tree with that , lol.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by jeeper
Another option is the Leupold 3-9x33 EFR. Not as bright as the Kahles, but not bad. It does have adjustable parallax which is good at closer range.

This one is on a .22LR CZ 2500 with 29" barrel. Pretty quiet with that long tube. Timney trigger. Not quite as accurate as the Cooper, but accurate,

DF

Wow , you could poke a squirrel out the tree with that , lol.

Just about.

It balances and carries well. Bonus to all that long barrel is quietness. With subsonic ammo, it’s really quiet.

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by wagner
If you can find one, a Kahles rimfire 2-7 is hard to beat. This one on a Cooper Classic .22LR.

Ultimate, I don't know. But IMO, it would be hard to find a better squirrel hunting rig, rifle and scope.

I know I like it.

DF

I just saw one of these kahles for sale this morning, $425...
What’s the going price. I rarely see them.

I don’t see enough to have an opinion. If you want one and see one, better jump on it. May be a while before you see another one. I don’t think there is a better .22 scope in its class.

DF

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tract has very nice 22 scope.
Standard 3-9 or 4-12 if you really want to zoom in.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I ordered one of these this morning for a Ruger 77/22. I'm interested to see how it performs.

I am curious to see how you like it. I piddled with a Droptine in Academy and I thought the glass was really good.

The new Burris Droptine .22 3-9x40 arrived and I mounted it on my Ruger 77/22 in factory Ruger medium rings. Impressions are good so far. To my eyes, the glass seems to be the same used in the Fullfield II line. Clicks feel positive and are audible (barely). The power ring is a little tight IMO, but we'll see if it loosens up after use. The reticle is neither bold nor fine which should be perfect for a .22. The hashmarks are easy to see even against a background. I think it's a handsome scope; the muted silver looks good and the finish is nice. Now I just need to get out and shoot it a bit.

Last edited by SockPuppet; 09/26/19.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got a VX2 4-12x40 AO on my 77/22. Shoot up close or out yonder.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had limited time and only a 25 yard paper target to work with, but initial impressions are good. Easy to get behind, good glass, flare is reasonably controlled, reticle is nice. I don't have any complaints so far. I didn't bother to bore sight it, just set up 4 targets in a square and aimed at the middle, then adjusted from there:

I did the same for my Browning Gold Medalion .22 while there. Even the 'crap' Leupold did just fine. Shots in the upper corner are actually 4-9, not 10 as written.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The new Burris Droptine .22 3-9x40 arrived and I mounted it on my Ruger 77/22 in factory Ruger medium rings. Impressions are good so far. To my eyes, the glass seems to be the same used in the Fullfield II line. Clicks feel positive and are audible (barely). The power ring is a little tight IMO, but we'll see if it loosens up after use. The reticle is neither bold nor fine which should be perfect for a .22. The hashmarks are easy to see even against a background. I think it's a handsome scope; the muted silver looks good and the finish is nice. Now I just need to get out and shoot it a bit.

I am probably going to end up with a Droptine or two.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I'm usually not to impressed with inexpensive scopes and as I stated earlier, the old Burris 6XAO mini's and Leupold 6x FXII's are my favorites. But, recently I ran across a special that I couldn't resist and to say I'm impressed with this scope is an understatement. Here's a link to the scope and the price, scope. I removed the Leupold from a Sako and mounted this scope. I am very impressed with it. Very clear glass.
Someone looking for a decent scope for under $100 may want to pickup one of these.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

315 members (1_deuce, 264mag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 29aholic, 48 invisible), 1,687 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,438
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.