-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had several. Accurate enough to shoot groundhogs with out to 100-150 reliably. Much better than an AK, but not quite as reliable especially the short "paratroopers".

Politics is War by Other Means
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
in the 70's early 80's i would buy them in case lots, dunk them ai a barrel of gas, dry them off and go to the range.
if i could hit a 8 inch gong at 400 meters i sold them for 129.95 to 149.95 each. if they didn't have that kind of accuracy they went at 79-99 each. wish i had a case or two now as i payed 17.50 per arm in a 20 unit case.

the stuck firing pin can be fun sometimes.
i was acting as range master onetime when a car load of kids in baggy shorts and wife beater's pulled up.
there were about 7 of them and they all crowed the bench. i thinned the crowd back behind the fire line and "splained' the rules . they didn't know i understood gutter Mexican, but i let their insults roll.
their fearless leader got to the bench, but went all Rambo from the hip. the pin stuck on the 2nd round of a 20 round mag and the shooter turned into his group of admirers.
i think he got 3 of them before i and another range officer got the muzzle up.
no kia's but the wia's were transported via ambulance.
if i remember most were leg wounds.

i have one currently just for the fun factor. if it was the only gun i could own i wouldn't feel helpless.

Last edited by deerstalker; 09/08/19.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
This one is pretty clean. I may shoot it today. I need to burn up a few thousand rounds I got with it... ha ha..

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
^^^^That's a nice one!^^^^

I had a Norinco years ago and traded it off. I wouldn't mind having one again.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
This one is pretty clean. I may shoot it today. I need to burn up a few thousand rounds I got with it... ha ha..

[Linked Image]

Is that a Yugo?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by m1919

[Linked Image]

Is that a Yugo?
It appears to be a Norinco.

All SKS's were good. They really knocked down the Mini 14 as the cheap "assault rifle". You could get them with many accessories such as grenade and rocket launchers, etc. An SKS is probably superior in every way to an AK, except firepower and that could be remedied, back in the day, by a cheap kit that allowed AK mags to be utilized.

I had one. It was excellent, so of course, I got rid of it. Just like the Norinco Model of the 1911A1, it was great when it was cheap. At today's prices, after Bush I's ban...not so much. Just a damned good, cheap gun. The ban is what killed them and now, everybody knows they are good guns and AR's are muy cheap.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

[Linked Image]

Is that a Yugo?

Yep it's a Yugo. My dad bought it in the 90's for cheap. I shot it today and that thing is a blast. I love shooting it. After getting the front sight right where I wanted it, I shot this 10 shot group. Damn thing is impressive!!!!
[Linked Image]

I was having a blast shooting this old girl. No wonder my dad loved these so much. He bought 2 at the same time and kept this one unfired and pristine. He shot the dog chit out of the other one though and it never even skipped a beat. Funny thing today I had the gas port turned off (not knowing the rifle) for the grenade launcher and the rifle wasn't ejecting the brass. I had to google it to see what was up, but it was an easy fix. Just push in a button and turn it to the other side and it redirects the gas, so your ammo ejects. After that, the rifle didn't skip a beat. The trigger wasn't even half bad either. This rifle is a good one.....

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

[Linked Image]

Is that a Yugo?
It appears to be a Norinco.

All SKS's were good. They really knocked down the Mini 14 as the cheap "assault rifle". You could get them with many accessories such as grenade and rocket launchers, etc. An SKS is probably superior in every way to an AK, except firepower and that could be remedied, back in the day, by a cheap kit that allowed AK mags to be utilized.

I had one. It was excellent, so of course, I got rid of it. Just like the Norinco Model of the 1911A1, it was great when it was cheap. At today's prices, after Bush I's ban...not so much. Just a damned good, cheap gun. The ban is what killed them and now, everybody knows they are good guns and AR's are muy cheap.

It says "Yugoslavia" right on the side of it...

Yugoslavian SKS

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
That's a nice Yugo.

My Norinco had a 'cheaper' look to it. No brake, No blade bayonet (mine didn't have a bayonet at all, but most had a cheap spike bayonet), thin metal buttplate, stock was darker, reddish in color.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I like the SKS and the Russian and Yugo are the best in my opinion.

Looks like you have a winner bsa.

Sometimes it's nice to not worry about keeping your brass, reloading, etc.

Just blast.....

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I like the SKS and the Russian and Yugo are the best in my opinion.

Looks like you have a winner bsa.

Sometimes it's nice to not worry about keeping your brass, reloading, etc.

Just blast.....

Amen!!!!

BSA MAGA
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had one. Hated it.
Sold it for 800....Guy was willing to pay.
Love my AR in 762x39

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hate 'em; just had a big shooting day for a couple of customers & had one in the battery. Made me remember what POS they are.

Besides being heavvvvvvvvvvy; ya'll can keep all of 'em.

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I love how some of you guys put down ALL AKs. Laughing.

Apparently, you've never shot a good one.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
An AK ain't exactly the same as an SKS....................

There's a reason that the AK 47 has virtually completely replaced the SKS; just sayin.

MM

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When did Sks become the same as AK?

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Bought four of them back in 2002, (Yugos) paid $92.00 each, 500 rounds of Wolf and for $65.00, still have one left, shoot it a couple times a year.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fired one once, very different from the SAR 1 I was shooting that day. It held steadier, recoiled gentler and hit the 12"X12" steel diamond at 300 yards closer than the AK. And you don't lug around heavy duty steel magazines, just bullets. A lot to recommend it. And, for a time, there was that charming symmetry of a 99 buck SKS rifle and a 99 buck thousand round case of 7.62X39 to go with it. The militia special.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Been shot at a fair number of times with the SKS. Never hit me, so I conclude it's a good gun for my enemies to embrace.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Several years ago I was in a gun shop and a man brought in an SKS to have the stock switched to magpul or something like that. The rifle had serial numbers but no manufacturer or importer anywhere on the gun, most of the bluing was gone also. He believed his father brought it back from Vietnam.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

713 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 69 invisible), 3,101 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,583
Posts18,454,227
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.