24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, having season tickets here and even wholesaling them is better money than the stock market. Yesterday's Packer/Vikings tickets were at least 2x face value. A Lambeau game is still like a pilgrimage to many people. Pre-season Family Night is a $10.00 ticket to watch the offence play the defense and they put over 50,000 into the stadium and it all goes to charity. Coaches and fans would never stand for an anthem kneel here. I agree with them being overpaid mesomorphs though. Favre's former place is two houses away and it's pretty nice.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but the NFL ain't going anywhere despite our protestations.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Windfall, do you reside in GB?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hadn;t watched for a couple years and decided to watch so long as it's football abd bot politics, The Vikings still choke. And it seems like still nobody knows the rules downfield on pass plays.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GuideGun
Originally Posted by renegade50
GO PATRIOTS!!!!

X2
X3! Defense looks good this year.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but the NFL ain't going anywhere despite our protestations.

It is in my house.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Windfall
Well, having season tickets here and even wholesaling them is better money than the stock market. Yesterday's Packer/Vikings tickets were at least 2x face value. A Lambeau game is still like a pilgrimage to many people. Pre-season Family Night is a $10.00 ticket to watch the offence play the defense and they put over 50,000 into the stadium and it all goes to charity. Coaches and fans would never stand for an anthem kneel here. I agree with them being overpaid mesomorphs though. Favre's former place is two houses away and it's pretty nice.

So Packer players sitting in protest during the anthem is OK?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I'm not protesting anything. A protest is the furthest thing from what I'm doing.

I'm not watching them because they politicized a sport with Un-American propaganda, and I won't watch the players, owners, the NFL league, and all the networks disrespect my country, my flag, and my core values.

I'm not watching their schidt show because I refuse to be continually insulted by them. It's sure not a "protest" in my case to not watch them.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
GO PATRIOTS!!!!

X2

An understated classic from Belichick after the game ...

"If you don't let them score, you can't lose." Bill Belichick

Last edited by AKwolverine; 09/16/19. Reason: You escaped the cut/paste
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SKane
Windfall, do you reside in GB?

Yep, The toilet paper capital of the world. But we don't have that phrase on our licence plates. America's Dairyland sounds more wholesome.

Rooster7, I think the NFL squelched the whole issue by not even having the teams on the sideline during the National Anthem.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
College football is in the process of being ruined too, where the new rule is apparently if you tackle a prominent player (usually QB or Receiver) and you look mean doing it, you get ejected.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Nope.

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
👊🏿 BLM! 👊🏿

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
No sir, I am not.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
No.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
GO PATRIOTS!!!!

X2

An understated classic from Belichick after the game ...

"If you don't let them score, you can't lose." Bill Belichick
Saw something similiar to this on Sunday, it was hilarious.

[Linked Image from cdn11.bigcommerce.com]

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
NO!
Watching them is saying I condone or support their actions..
So No again!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sometimes I wonder if all the NFL actions are all just part of their marketing strategy. They love their controversial public relations stunts so much and the adoring MSM gives them so much free publicity that it makes you wonder if it's all part of the script. Like the kneeling controversy....... The "producers" and "directors", aka, the owners and management could have taken bold steps to nip that B.S. in the bud. They own those teams and they control them. But instead it goes on and they act like they're helpless to stop it. GMAFB.......... Any sort of left wing Hollywood sympathizing B.S. is good to go but if it doesn't have the liberal seal of approval either you won't ever see it, or if you do, it WILL be nipped in the bud. That's what that organization has become and it has also proven that P.T.Barnum was a prophet.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
G5m: No.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My initial anger over the Kapernick debacle and it’s infectious nature to other players and teams has waned a bit.

I didn’t like it when Ali decided he’d go to jail before putting on a uniform for our country. In fact was really angry with him.

Over the years I’ve become more understanding of his stance.

Maybe it will be the same with the kneeling, for me anyway, as time passes.

So yes I’ve wanted to take a peek from time to time.

But I swear fellas every time I’ve been tempted to watch a game my memory is flooded with the picture of a friends son’s casket draped in our American flag. And I just can’t do it. No heartburn w you guys that do watch, I just can’t.

Doesn’t change a thing, doesn’t bring him back, doesn’t ease the burden of his family making do without him.

I just can’t do it. Sry Nike, but that’s the truth.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
658 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 257 mag, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,750 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,108
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.