Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Where are these made? Searched but couldn't find anything.
Look damn similar to the Sightron S-Tac 2-10x32 which is made in the Philippines. Wondered if the two share the same bloodline.
Looking at the SWFA for a Kidd barreled/triggered 10/22 hunting rig. Mostly interested in the back reticle. Wish they'd just throw the damn MQ reticle in it and be done....

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Japan.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m thinking that one is Philippines actually?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nvm it is Japan

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Why the hell aren't they making the MQ reticle available in this? Seems like a no brainier.

IC B2

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Right?! With a 30mm tube, a milquad and an exposed turret on top 👌🏽

God, Family, and Guns. Be strong in your beliefs and work hard.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Because they listen to people that don’t really shoot...?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can't please all of the people all of the time, heck, here on the fire not even some of the people some of the time.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ChrisAU

The donut 1-4 illuminati is from the Phil.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Why the hell aren't they making the MQ reticle available in this? Seems like a no brainier.

Perhaps because they regard it mainly as a set-n-forget scope for hunters, not a dialer.

As long as I've been here, people have been nagging them to build a lightweigh, reliable scope for hunting rifles, sans tall turrets, parallax adjustment, etc. Seems they've done that, and recently added a multi-point reticle and rimfire model. Hopefully, enough of those will sell to keep them in the lineup. If they think that a dialing version will sell, they'll cobble one together. A rimfire version with an exposed elevation turret would be nice, handy for making changes, but scaled for smaller rifles. They're SFP I believe, so that may be a problem for some.

Hard as it may be for "serious" shooters to understand, not everyone wants or needs to dial for hunting, and by actual test, the MQ doesn't work well for me under lighting conditions I often encounter in the woods, so much as I like it for other shooting, my deer rifles wear scopes I can aim with under all conditions. This has been debated to death here, but I know absolutely that early and late, on the shady side of wooded hills, I can't see the MQ well enough to make the quick shots that are typical in that kind of cover. Ordinary duplexes, especially ones with the heavy sections close to the center, do work.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

One thing I've noticed...and appreciate about you...you know how to cut-to-the-chase.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The eye relief seems pretty iffy.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Reloader7RM

I thought so too at first, but JB's comments on his convinced me that it ain't all that bad compared to some others commonly in use. At 3x, which is where I'd set one for hunting, it should be fine. The long tube would help. Don't need any right now, but they're on the list for future purchase.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by ChrisAU

The donut 1-4 illuminati is from the Phil.

Not anymore, didn't they discontinued it?

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

It's going on a 10/22. Even with the mini-mags I don't think the recoil will make it unmanageable. If it does, I'll switch back to the CCI standard velocity.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

One thing I've noticed...and appreciate about you...you know how to cut-to-the-chase.

Plus he has a really nice looking quilt square for an avatar. It highlights his softer side quite nicely.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

It's going on a 10/22. Even with the mini-mags I don't think the recoil will make it unmanageable. If it does, I'll switch back to the CCI standard velocity.

Don't try those Velocitors or Stingers though. Might give you the dreaded 'scope eye!'

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

Ha. Well, there is that.

In truth they absolutely needed a plain duplex reticle scope. They tripped a bit with the eye relief for some, but it’s not an issue in use. Where they screwed up is not in offering a BDC reticle, but in NOT offering the mil quad reticle right after the duplex.

There are a bunch of SWFA’s that have been sold because of a few people people putting obscene use on them and sharing the results. The problem with the UL is that those people aren’t interested in a SFP, BDC scope with MOA adjustments. So there hasn’t been that use put on them, and consequently there hasn’t been the push that there could be for them.

Alaska Lanche has as much use on an UL as probably anyone, yet had they offered a MQ/mil adjustment model there would be half a dozen dudes on this board alone with thousands of rounds on them by now.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

Don't try those Velocitors or Stingers though. Might give you the dreaded 'scope eye!'

laugh

Been tempting fate and living on the edge with a 6 creed in a FC; haven’t gotten bit yet! grin

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
It is made in Japan.

There is no design commonality with the 2-10x32 S-Tac.

I've been testing then to add Mil-Quad reticle to it, but that also involves changing the turrets to Mrad clicks Wich is a more significant design effort.

I really think they should. That would make it sorta like Nightforce 2.5-10x32 at half the weight.

I am really liking the one with the BDC reticle although I have a Plex one as well. I have been trying to get a measure on whether lack of parallax adjustment makes a difference here and for me it does not seem to. The BDC scope has 150 yard parallax and it does behave measurably better at 600. At closer distances, I am on low power anyway and both work fine there.

ILya

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 222ND, 12344mag, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 70 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,176
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.