Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Gus
i just hate it when the plus and minus level of error can exceed 1 billion years.

just one free trip around the sun each year is a long time.

i sometimes wonder if we will ever come to a consensus?

I don't think so Gus.

Here's why.

Scientific Method:

Step 1 - Question. The "thing" that you want to know. The question you want to answer.
Step 2 - Research. Conduct research. ...
Step 3 - Hypothesis.
Step 4 - Experiment. Test the hypothesis.
Step 5 - Observations. Data you collect during the experiment.
Step 6 - Results/Conclusion.
Step 7 - Communicate. Present/share your results. Replicate.

That last word in the last step is the stickler. Your conclusions MUST be able to be Replicated...under the SAME conditions.

This is a problem for both sides of the issue. One cannot replicate creation or evolution, nor can we create the same conditions in which either event, or series of events supposedly took place.

It seems to me that the arguments...on both sides...involve Faith and Dogma. Dogma in the sense that one must accept the proposition. And, Faith in the sense that one must believe the proposition.

Just trying to be fair to both sides.

Tom (GB)

BP-B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by rainshot
You people are running around in circles saying silly things. For one thin Adam and Eve only had one responsibility and that was to not eat from that one tree but what did they do? What you people are doing.

Did God know they were going to do that?

And, did they have a choice in the matter?

It is amusing to me...sadly amusing...that when one tries to discuss evolution, the issue always seems to devolve into an argument questioning the character of an existent or nonexistent God. Yet those same people seem willing to accept the cold hard fact that only the strong survive. And, even without the existence of a God, millions if not billions of people have died in mass via disease, famine, pestilence, natural occurring climate or global events...ect.

Tom

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I simply wanted to interject predestination into the discussion for consideration by all of the parties involved.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You people are running around in circles saying silly things. For one thin Adam and Eve only had one responsibility and that was to not eat from that one tree but what did they do? What you people are doing.

Given omniscience the outcome was known before the stage was even set.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
The story of Adam and Eve and the fall makes very little sense, except as a bronze age narrative to explain why the world is the way it is, the existence of hardship and suffering. A story borrowed from older cultures and adapted to suit the cultural and religious needs of the tribe of Israel.

What culture would predate the first man and woman? You choose to believe fairytales instead of sober history.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

According to God's Word Jesus was crucified from the foundation of the world. So yes God knew it. After all, God knows what we think and do before we think and do it.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Starman

.... The good shepherd only needs to guide the sick, lost and wayward sheep.....

So why does he let babies and children die of cancer before they have a chance to accept jesus as their saviour thereby condeming them to hell. That's one cruel puppet master.

What you call "cruel puppet master" is actually an Infinitely Wise God Who cursed the universe. If you actually read the Bible carefully you would know God is no respecter of people. Age is not considered as far as the consequence of Adam's sin.

About the kids, careful study of God's Word shows God has an age when He imputes guilt. That age is twenty. Below that all souls are saved from hell. Above that they are responsible to accept God's Gift of His Son to be saved from hell.

Why would God curse the universe if he made It?

And where in the Bible does it specify the age of 20? Are you saying that an MS-13 member is free to commit felonies if he's 19 years old?

If you are seriously asking for documentation I wrote an essay about it. I will private message it or post it here, whichever you prefer; if you say so. All MS-13 members is free to choose what he does. At age twenty God imputes guilt.

Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by DBT
Time is inseparable from space, ie, timespace. Check out general relativity.

Emphasis mine.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

According to God's Word Jesus was crucified from the foundation of the world. So yes God knew it. After all, God knows what we think and do before we think and do it.

So then God must have intended it that way.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

All I know is when little sis came home from private christian school spoutin' off about Jesus knows how many hairs are on your head, well that was the last semester at private school. So I asked Jesus, but the lawn guy didn't speak English. And so I wondered, why is God's only son mowing lawns for dirt pay?

And I'm so disappointed that when some of you croak, you'll never know you were wrong. I'll never know I was right either.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I used to have a Rottweiller called Jesus

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 09/16/19.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
So you're better off killing the kids before they become "eligible" for hell

Psalm 137:
137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

I suspect you have no idea what this passage is about. Lots of squawking and little of any consequence.

Your comment is just more mindless noise...... non sequitur....

This is simply a prophecy against Babylon, but you did not know that.

Babylon was a hated kingdom that treated those conquered with cruelty. I would expect that those involved were indeed happy in the fall of Babylon.

Some think it was fulfilled by Cyrus.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Well,.....let's see. If time began as a consequence of the big bang,...it would seem to me that the age of the universe depends on where one might be in the universe. At the outer edge of the expansion it's somewhere around 1/10th of a second old. Outside of the edge of the expansion, it hasn't happened yet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[According to God's Word Jesus was crucified from the foundation of the world. So yes God knew it. After all, God knows what we think and do before we think and do it.

So then God must have intended it that way.[/quote]

Of course! Do you think anything else is consistent with the Bible?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well,.....let's see. If time began as a consequence of the big bang,...it would seem to me that the age of the universe depends on where one might be in the universe. At the outer edge of the expansion it's somewhere around 1/10th of a second old. Outside of the edge of the expansion, it hasn't happened yet.

Where's the "Like!" button when you need one?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Hell I don't know and moreover don't care. Probably comes from Jewish law. But it's tangential to the issue,
pick whichever age you like...

Does the Vatican so loosely say 'pick which ever age you like'..?

Also odd that you don't know the actual background of what you called a tradition for catholics.
nor know how old the tradition is.

In others words its entirely possible the church just pulled 'seven' out of their ass when it suited them,
and anyones wild guess when they did that...could have been 1054, 1627 or 1917...

In any case we have our CF Ringo who puts it at 20 yrs, the Vatican at seven.

Unfortunately Bible does not specify an age, nor does it say 'pick any age you like'.

Christians are like drunk clowns playing pin the tail on the donkey.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
[According to God's Word Jesus was crucified from the foundation of the world. So yes God knew it. After all, God knows what we think and do before we think and do it.

So then God must have intended it that way.

Of course! Do you think anything else is consistent with the Bible?
[/quote]

Well only if you read it literally, when God is constantly surprised and disappointed by what he finds humans doing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You people are running around in circles saying silly things. For one thin Adam and Eve only had one responsibility
and that was to not eat from that one tree but what did they do? What you people are doing.

actually Adam also had the responsibility of the garden.

Genesis 2:15
"Then the Lord God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Starman
You people are running around in circles saying silly things. For one thin Adam and Eve only had one responsibility
and that was to not eat from that one tree but what did they do? What you people are doing.

actually Adam also had the responsibility of the garden.

Genesis 2:15
"Then the Lord God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it."

Who tended it after Adam and Eve were shown the gate? (They always leave out details like that that leave me wondering.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There were no free lunches before or after the Fall.

Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
652 members (1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 73 invisible), 2,939 guests, and 1,383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,658
Posts18,399,290
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.