Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I recently saw a well hunted Remington Ti in 7/08 sell for a nice piece of change, and it sold fast.

I did some light reading on this model. I guess Remington did an initial limited run in 2001 where retail prices were around $1100 bucks. I know they are a lightweight at under 6lbs naked. Aside from the weight reduction from a thin barrel, hollowed out knob and fluted bolt.

What’s the real deal about these rifles that makes them so popular to the point you can’t hardly find one for sale. I think they still make, or made a Alaskan Ti model at one point after 2001. Not sure if the Alaskan is still in production...

Just curious, what people seem to like...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Could it be the titanium receiver?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I snagged a first gen 270 on here, put some Talley light weights and a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18 on it, and it still only weighs 6lbs 7 oz., and shoots excellent with 130gr Nosler ballistic tip hand loads (haven’t tried anything else in it yet). Not much I can’t do with that combo, and it’s a pleasure to carry.

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’ve got a near new 1st gen. 700 Ti in 7mm/08 that’s got a Manners Ultra Classic coming for it.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
LGS has one in 280 that’s like new. He wants $2K for it !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Mark,
You are welcome to take a look at the Ti I have. Its a 1st Gen Ti in 7MM-08. When these first came out I didn't get what the big deal was. Then they stopped making them so I had to have one and picked up a basically new one here in the classifieds maybe 4-5 years ago. Its a pretty slick little rifle, shoots pretty good for a skinny barrel and handles nice. I had the stock painted by DarrenK here on the fire, he did a great job on it. You probably have seen this picture before. I also had a Alaskan Ti in 25-06, sadly I sold that one - stupid on my part it was a really nice rifle. Took my 1st Wyoming antelope with it. Anyway, you ever in town you are welcome to see what you think.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Oregonmuley; 09/16/19.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Someone is really slow.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Someone is really slow.

Who me??? Maybe. Kinda sorta, but not really.

I have tried the Uber lightweight rigs and don’t fancy them much. I bought the Gunwerks 7WSM that weighs under 7lbs and shoots lights out...It’s up for sale.

I also bought a Nosler M48 In 270WSM Super-Gay that is also a knot maker at under 7.5lbs and it too is gonna get a train ticket elsewhere.

Now, my Accurate Ordnance build in 7/08 which is a feather to carry is such a well built piece of shooting art. It will always have a home.

I assume you own a Ti...If not, you should buy either of the two rigs I have for sale and get your girl freak on. 😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Mark,
You are welcome to take a look at the Ti I have. Its a 1st Gen Ti in 7MM-08. When these first came out I didn't get what the big deal was. Then they stopped making them so I had to have one and picked up a basically new one here in the classifieds maybe 4-5 years ago. Its a pretty slick little rifle, shoots pretty good for a skinny barrel and handles nice. I had the stock painted by DarrenK here on the fire, he did a great job on it. You probably have seen this picture before. I also had a Alaskan Ti in 25-06, sadly I sold that one - stupid on my part it was a really nice rifle. Took my 1st Wyoming antelope with it. Anyway, you ever in town you are welcome to see what you think.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frank,
Those are some dandies...Love to take a look should I get the opportunity. I’m not one to pass up seeing and holding a well made firearm. I’m just out of the lightweight rig ownership business. Too many years swagging heavies to change. 😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
I’ve got a near new 1st gen. 700 Ti in 7mm/08 that’s got a Manners Ultra Classic coming for it.

😎

“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

“Molon Labe”
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Beaver10

It’s on the classifieds here as well. It is a reasonable price for anyone looking for this chambering in a ti. The Alaskan ti’s were only made 2007 - 2009, and there aren’t a ton of 300 wizzums out there.

I had the ti bug pretty bad for a few years. Be careful; they can be addictive ...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I borrowed one in .30/06 once, and after shooting two impressively-small groups with it to zero, I went out and shot a bunch of pigs with it over the course of a couple of days. Only a very brief test, but it did impress me as an accurate, extremely light and handy bit of gear. I'd have bought it then and there if the owner had let me.

The rifle in question has shown a significant flaw in the time since though, and that is that the finish on the stock broke down quite badly after a few years, going sticky and losing adhesion to the underlying material. The recoil pad did too, but that's a small thing really. The local distributor wasn't interested either, and now the rifle has a replacement (different) stock.

Has anyone else had this?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I’ve heard of/seen the recoil pads going sticky plenty of times, but never the finish on the stock. Recoil pad is an easy fix. Now, the browning duratouch stocks I’ve seen get sticky, and had one that did it. It was a pain, but I stripped it all off, and painted the stock with ceracoat. Was it a browning titanium gun that the stock went sticky on?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I’ve never seen one chambered in the 280. Rare bird indeed!

Buy once, cry once.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555

Pretty sure the Alaskan Ti came in .280

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
308 & 300SAUM [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by sqweeler; 09/17/19.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got a first gen 700 Ti in 7MM RSAUM. I mounted a Zeiss Conquest 3-9X42 with the ZPlex 600 reticle. It loves the 140 TTSX/59.0 gr of IMR 4350/FED 215M and sends them at 3075 FPS. It's been my go to rifle for years.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I’ll stick with my 6 pound (with 6x36 Leupold) 270 Montana.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beav,

A few years back I drew an Oregon sheep tag. So I used that as an excuse to buy a new lightweight "sheep" rifle. Well I had always admired the Ti m700. So I found an original Ti in 270, a true sheep gun has to be a 270.... smile

Well the Ti was extremely accurate and well put together, it could be tricky to shoot good groups with because of the lightweight but the gun itself was capable of very good accuracy.

I believe certain rifles are lucky and mt Ti was a lucky rifle and I killed many critters with it. It was so handy and effective my other rifles got left behind. My safe was full of unused rifles.....

Can't have that, so down the road it went. I miss it but my other rifles are getting used...... smile

Being a gun whore has it's downside......

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

They work better if you paint the stock......

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
aalf, you are correct about the paint , makes all the difference... smile

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by irfubar

A fugging Leupold? Really?

Im joking

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Im joking

We are not suppose to hate on Leupold's anymore.........

a 270 with a Leupold I am so ashamed...... frown

I did fix the Leupold issue with this.... then it went bad and wouldn't track... damn the luck

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Beav,

A few years back I drew an Oregon sheep tag. So I used that as an excuse to buy a new lightweight "sheep" rifle. Well I had always admired the Ti m700. So I found an original Ti in 270, a true sheep gun has to be a 270.... smile

Well the Ti was extremely accurate and well put together, it could be tricky to shoot good groups with because of the lightweight but the gun itself was capable of very good accuracy.

I believe certain rifles are lucky and mt Ti was a lucky rifle and I killed many critters with it. It was so handy and effective my other rifles got left behind. My safe was full of unused rifles.....

Can't have that, so down the road it went. I miss it but my other rifles are getting used...... smile

Being a gun whore has it's downside......

Good decision...I also send my good shît down the road, and usually at nice reduction in what I paid....It’s my version of Opus Dei penance. It hurts, but feels good afterward.

Goat draw Oregon? Saaay Whaaat? Explain yourself Lucy. 😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

All I see is there is a black, anemic, coke whore that wants to party in the woods...I’m not looking! 😬😎

“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've owned two of them. Might own another if the price was right. With that said there is nothing real special about them. And they arent worth what they are selling for now.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Im joking

We all know you’re joking...You don’t hunt...

Better go pull start your boyfriends cock fluffy-boy before he leaves for work...😢😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BWalker
I've owned two of them. Might own another if the price was right. With that said there is nothing real special about them. And they arent worth what they are selling for now.

This^^^^^^This. 😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beav you are just jealous I killed one of your bighorns and they won't let you near one......

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555

Pretty sure the Alaskan Ti came in .280

Yep. As well as 7 rem mag.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Beav you are just jealous I killed one of your bighorns and they won't let you near one......

Yep...I hate you for that too, amongst other things...

Dibs on your sheep mount before you sell it in a yard sale. 😜😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep...I hate you for that too, amongst other things...

Dibs on your sheep mount before you sell it in a yard sale. 😜😎

Haters gonna hate.... smile

I am going to adopt Shrap's motto.. everything is for sale... at the right price..... the yard sale pricing in the past has not served me well, from now on Shrap pricing!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by borden811
. Was it a browning titanium gun that the stock went sticky on?

No.If it had been the Browning I'd have said so. In any case, why would I be talking about the Browning when the thread is about the Remington 700 Ti?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
When my local gun store cleared them out a decade ago, I decided I didn't really want one that much. $600 for any caliber I wanted, all in stock and ready to sell. That was a dumb move on my part.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Are they any more smooth then when I looked at a new one? It seriously felt like it had a handful of sand in the action when trying to run the bolt. The reason I left it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by dan_oz
I borrowed one in .30/06 once, and after shooting two impressively-small groups with it to zero, I went out and shot a bunch of pigs with it over the course of a couple of days. Only a very brief test, but it did impress me as an accurate, extremely light and handy bit of gear. I'd have bought it then and there if the owner had let me.

The rifle in question has shown a significant flaw in the time since though, and that is that the finish on the stock broke down quite badly after a few years, going sticky and losing adhesion to the underlying material. The recoil pad did too, but that's a small thing really. The local distributor wasn't interested either, and now the rifle has a replacement (different) stock.

Do you recall if it had a floorplate? I would bet anything it was an Alaskan ti...
The sticky recoil pad is certainly not uncommon on the original ti, but I have never encountered the finish going sticky on them.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have a first gen Ti in 30-06. It shoots pretty well. There is some wear on the reciever so it looks like it says 700 Titan. The ium is worn down a bit so the dealer I bought it from gave me a pretty good deal because he didn't know what the titan was.

Its pretty obviously a titanium given the color, bolt knob, and fluted bolt. I have a spare B&c la stock for it just in case this one gets damaged.

Bb

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Do you recall if it had a floorplate? I would bet anything it was an Alaskan ti...
The sticky recoil pad is certainly not uncommon on the original ti, but I have never encountered the finish going sticky on them.

Yes, it had a floorplate. Here it is:

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Just curious, what people seem to like...😎

To my knowledge they we're the first factory flyweight mountain rifle [and all weather to boot]... 5 1/4 to -5 -1/2 lbs for the originals.
A limited market , but they filled that niche.

The next best options at the time we're very limited avail. of custom non -Remington Ti rifles that costed a lot more.

today with companies like Rifles Inc, I can get a steel long-action 700 custom that comes in at 5-1/4 lbs
so no desperate need for titanium option.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

No.If it had been the Browning I'd have said so. In any case, why would I be talking about the Browning when the thread is about the Remington 700 Ti?

Probably because browning made titanium rifles as well, with the duratouch stock, that were famous for going bad and getting sticky. Never in my life have I heard of the finish on a Remington titanium going sticky. And people confuse things every day. Such is life. That’s why.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The Alaskan Ti had a stock with a rubbery “coating” on it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RHutch
The Alaskan Ti had a stock with a rubbery “coating” on it.

Yep, they called it maxxguard iirc and it was similar to the browning coating. It was never on the original ti’s.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Probably because browning made titanium rifles as well, with the duratouch stock, that were famous for going bad and getting sticky. Never in my life have I heard of the finish on a Remington titanium going sticky. And people confuse things every day. Such is life. That’s why.

Well, maybe you could learn two things then. First, you now have heard of a Remington 700 Ti stock finish "going sticky" and breaking down. Second, don't assume that the other bloke's an idiot. You're apt to look like the fool yourself, and some may even tell you to GFY. I wouldn't do that though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I have two of those stocks on faux TIs, one long, other short. I've had no problems with the stocks themselves, in fact I like them a lot. The pad on the older long action stock went gunky and got replaced. No issues with the other pad.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Well, maybe you could learn two things then. First, you now have heard of a Remington 700 Ti stock finish "going sticky" and breaking down. Second, don't assume that the other bloke's an idiot. You're apt to look like the fool yourself, and some may even tell you to GFY. I wouldn't do that though.

The only thing I learned is some people take themselves way to seriously. I never said it didn’t happen, and I never said it couldn’t happen. What I said was, I’ve never in my life heard or seen a Remington titanium do it. As I’m sure a lot of guys haven’t. However, Browning’s could almost be expected to do it. In my line of work, I see people confuse simple things every day. So I asked a simple question. What I know is, if you have a firearm with those rubbery finishes, and pay attention to what you clean it with, the aerosols/chemicals you use around it, it won’t break down. But I’d never tell a guy how to clean his rifle, or what to do it with. And I’d never get wound so tightly to tell a guy to GFY just because he asked a simple question.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, since I don’t see this little side discussion leading to anything productive.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have two, bought a 270 Ti off here and a 30-06 on GB.

Both shoot factory at 5/8”

The only thing I can think of them stopping production was back then, $1100+ was considered a lot for a rifle unless you were getting a Dakota or custom built, so they stopped selling them.

I own Kimber Montana’s, Barrett Fieldcraft. some Weatherby UL’s and a Browning Ti... the feel of the Rem Ti’s are fantastic. You don’t really appreciate it until you shoulder it and feel the slim forearm. Of course there’s some smoother bolts out there, but they handle amazing

Drink and be merry for soldiers die for your freedoms.

Semper Fidelis!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 2,666 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,565
Posts18,453,783
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.