Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by superlight17b
Where did he get a picture of my ex wife?

Somebody googled Ugly Women with huge wild hogs they killed and her picture came up. Did she kill that pig while you two were still married?

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
We killed a lot of hogs in the Oconee River swamps in central Georgia. We loved to eat a smoked wild hog ham.
And one day my buddy killed one about that size. We didn't weigh it but we called it 420 pounds. One shot in the neck from a 30-06, Winchester Silvertip 180 gr, the hog keeled over. It was a boar. That was one weird thing about hog hunting, compared to deer, you could tell a boar when he was facing away from you, the balls on a boar were the size of a grapefruit.

It was quite a chore to haul that monster out of the swamp. It looked like a dinosaur.
I had a meat grinder, we cut off five pounds of meat, we were going to eat some more pork sausage. I must say, while grinding the meat, it did not smell good.
We put 3 patties in the frying pan, and it smelled so bad it ran us out of the kitchen.
We tossed the sausage out in the yard to the dog, he let out a yelp and ran to the other side of the yard. The mutt wouldn't touch it.

We killed 50 or 60 hogs back then and that was the only one we didn't eat.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Why is he humping it?

It's a dominance thing .. smile

laugh

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
We got ‘hogs’ in this area that drive little bitty cars with no hubcaps or matching tires that’ll make that dude look like a fly-weight!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by 19352012
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Thought this was gonna be another " Women of Walmart" thread.

That’s probably the best habitat for 400 pounders. 😜

Walmart would be like quality public property: lots of 350s but a true 400 would be tough to find. Golden Corral: private property where you can find 400s regularly.

Yep. The “Golden Trough” would probably be where the big ones feed. Would that be considered baiting. 😜

Neal, ahem,,,,,,,, that’s the “Guilded Trough”.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Heres a 449 lber.. pic courtesy of 44mc.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Is he a midget 😜

44mc sent me the pic to post. He said the guy is 6'4" and 225.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

We put 3 patties in the frying pan, and it smelled so bad it ran us out of the kitchen.
We tossed the sausage out in the yard to the dog, he let out a yelp and ran to the other side of the yard. The mutt wouldn't touch it.

Same happened to us. Stank up my buddy's kitchen to where he thought the dog had lifted his leg somewhere. Turned out to be the pork chops. Had to toss the whole batch, and that was the last time we kept a boar for eating.

I do wish God had put some better handles on the hog though, as anytime one gets much above 200lbs he is surely tough to drag by yourself. We've taken a few in the 250-350lb range and they can even be hard work for two men to pull out of a thicket.

Truth be told, I get more satisfaction from killing a good hog than I do from shooting a decent 3.5yr old buck.

Now with even more aplomb
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
We killed a lot of hogs in the Oconee River swamps in central Georgia. We loved to eat a smoked wild hog ham.
And one day my buddy killed one about that size. We didn't weigh it but we called it 420 pounds. One shot in the neck from a 30-06, Winchester Silvertip 180 gr, the hog keeled over. It was a boar. That was one weird thing about hog hunting, compared to deer, you could tell a boar when he was facing away from you, the balls on a boar were the size of a grapefruit.

It was quite a chore to haul that monster out of the swamp. It looked like a dinosaur.
I had a meat grinder, we cut off five pounds of meat, we were going to eat some more pork sausage. I must say, while grinding the meat, it did not smell good.

SK, I have had a delicious ham off a big boar that didnt smell bad when we cleaned it. Have you ever had a good, big boar?

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

SK, I have had a delicious ham off a big boar that didnt smell bad when we cleaned it. Have you ever had a good, big boar?

Yes, one that was de-nutted. They grow fast, and the meat is good...........

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
We steered clear of the big boars after we tried to eat that first one.
The biggest boar we ever ate was about 110 pounds and he was pretty good.

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
The biggest I've killed is 300#'s.

Weighed him, dragged him to the "bone pile" with my 4 wheeler. Checked later, that nasty 300# boar had been eaten down to bones, spine and ribs.

We put a trail cam at that site. It was hogs eating hogs.

So, I told my buds I'll shoot'em, won't eat'em. And, they say wear gloves to clean them due to diseases like Brucellosis, Lepto, etc.

Now, a young hog is good eating. The older ones, I'll shoot'em, leave it to their kin to dispose of the carcasses.

DF

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
We routinely have 1,100 pounders at the State Fair. This years winner was 1,253 pounds.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ8HSgTvOGJt3xdnnEaajaZuDBuZMmaBGi-bHfRz4XwXT34XIh

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
What the hell. I thought it was written in the rules that you HAVE to guess the weight of the hog(s) pictured.

You gave it away in the title.

I was going to say 410.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've seen whole herds of them on the first of the month and the fifteenth of the month at Wally's world

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Morewood
What the hell. I thought it was written in the rules that you HAVE to guess the weight of the hog(s) pictured.

You gave it away in the title.

I was going to say 410.

Hey, you win. Everyone else thot it was 310.

Birdy owes you a bottle of whine. wink

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/17/19.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by szihn
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ8HSgTvOGJt3xdnnEaajaZuDBuZMmaBGi-bHfRz4XwXT34XIh

S, we need that pic, if its got 4 legs.

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by szihn

S, we need that pic, if its got 4 legs.

believe me you don't want to see it......

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
my brother took that pic. at his house . it is not a fake we think it was the one that was raiding a horse boarding place across a county road from our lease .some people said they saw a bear cross the road

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 53 invisible), 2,730 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,035
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.