Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: pete53] #14130874 09/16/19
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 866
bigwoods Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 866
Originally Posted by pete53
Sharp Things , that Idaho bull elk ? i suppose your eatin plenty elk meat now ? did you smoke any of that elk meat for jerky yet ?

Lmao.....Wow, just wow. ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘Œ


"Soccer is like homosexuality. We dont care that you made the mistake of making that lifestyle choice, we just dont want to hear about it." - Ron Kulas (Sharp Things) (Rancid Crabtree) (Diyguy) (Inn Outdoorsman)


300 BP

Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: sharp_things] #14131146 09/16/19
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,174
T_Inman Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,174
I've stayed out of this because I really have nothing against folks doing ranch hunts, as long as they don't try to pass it off as fair chase. The OP hasn't specifically said it wasn't a ranch hunt, but he sure hasn't tried to refute it.

In that video, right at 1:00, a bunch of bulls on a two track just a few hundred yards from another two track during September means either an absurdly hard draw, or private ground. Nothing wrong with either of those but I also am 99% sure I know which mountain is shown in the middle right at the 10 second mark, and yes, there's a high fence operation in that vicinity.

I worked on a 10,000 acre place like that for a few months. It was fun, but nothing more than a livestock operation. I'd rip the ear tag out for the hero pictures then go grab the loader.



Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: T_Inman] #14131507 09/16/19
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 4,955
Beaver10 Offline
Campfire Guide
Offline
Campfire Guide
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 4,955
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I've stayed out of this because I really have nothing against folks doing ranch hunts, as long as they don't try to pass it off as fair chase. The OP hasn't specifically said it wasn't a ranch hunt, but he sure hasn't tried to refute it.

In that video, right at 1:00, a bunch of bulls on a two track just a few hundred yards from another two track during September means either an absurdly hard draw, or private ground. Nothing wrong with either of those but I also am 99% sure I know which mountain is shown in the middle right at the 10 second mark, and yes, there's a high fence operation in that vicinity.

I worked on a 10,000 acre place like that for a few months. It was fun, but nothing more than a livestock operation. I'd rip the ear tag out for the hero pictures then go grab the loader.


Iโ€™m stunned by this information...I would have swore on Pete53โ€™s Old Ruger #1 in 257 Wby that Stink-Finger had got an awesome lottery draw and spent a week of hard scouting putting in 4-8 miles a day humping hills, draws, and wallows to locate a good herd holding bulls.

Then putting a epic stalk covering 250 yards through devils thorn, poison oak and old slash piles to close within 22 yards before stickig this free ranging, wild-assed Wapiti.

Now I learn that this critter was bought, penned, fed, ear tagged then released to roam along a 2 track highway waiting for the meals on wheels truck to come along with our hero hunter sitting inside with the A/C on to sink an arrow into itโ€™s side as itโ€™s grabbing a mouthfull of alfalfa.

Iโ€™m stunned...๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜Ž


Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
โ€œMolon Labeโ€
Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: sharp_things] #14131551 09/16/19
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 4,955
Beaver10 Offline
Campfire Guide
Offline
Campfire Guide
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 4,955
Stink-Finger...The sign company called - Your truck window decal is ready. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]


Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
โ€œMolon Labeโ€
Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: sharp_things] #14131632 09/16/19
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 108
Hectortwsp Offline
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 108
โˆ†โˆ†โˆ† this is a classic

Alpha

Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: T_Inman] #14131993 09/17/19
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 23
ElmerFudd Offline
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I've stayed out of this because I really have nothing against folks doing ranch hunts, as long as they don't try to pass it off as fair chase. The OP hasn't specifically said it wasn't a ranch hunt, but he sure hasn't tried to refute it.

In that video, right at 1:00, a bunch of bulls on a two track just a few hundred yards from another two track during September means either an absurdly hard draw, or private ground. Nothing wrong with either of those but I also am 99% sure I know which mountain is shown in the middle right at the 10 second mark, and yes, there's a high fence operation in that vicinity.

I worked on a 10,000 acre place like that for a few months. It was fun, but nothing more than a livestock operation. I'd rip the ear tag out for the hero pictures then go grab the loader.


Well......that would explain the question avoidance.

Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: sharp_things] #14132009 09/17/19
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,079
Bocajnala Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,079
The saga continues....

-Jake


Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: sharp_things] #14133035 09/17/19
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 10,367
MontanaCreekHunter Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 10,367
You all know sharp things Motto if you can't poach it then buy it!

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 09/17/19.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: sharp_things] #14133041 09/17/19
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 10,367
MontanaCreekHunter Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 10,367
You guys are so hard on his sticker collection. You all need sensitivity re-training. smile


Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: sharp_things] #14133309 09/17/19
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,181
44mc Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,181
yea it is like when he came to FLA to [ hunt ] gators . got a guild to drive him around ditches to shoot a hand fead gator. I know some of the guys that guild like that. they find the gators that are used to people and then let the [ hunter ] think he is a bad ass for stalking in close for the shot when you could walk up to it and feed it

Bravo

Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: sharp_things] #14134800 09/18/19
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 23
ElmerFudd Offline
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 23
Still willing to hear this out. If it's not addressed well, just one more blowhard puffing his chest out. Thus far he seems more interested in telling people he killed something rather than details of a hunt.

Last edited by ElmerFudd; 09/18/19.
Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: sharp_things] #14134843 09/18/19
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 13,024
GregW Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 13,024
You ain't gonna hear crap...


- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: sharp_things] #14135412 09/18/19
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,411
centershot Offline
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,411
Saxton Pope had it right when he said "A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport".


A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: ElmerFudd] #14135437 09/18/19
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,467
tndrbstr Offline
Campfire Guide
Offline
Campfire Guide
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,467
Originally Posted by ElmerFudd
Still willing to hear this out. If it's not addressed well, just one more blowhard puffing his chest out. Thus far he seems more interested in telling people he killed something rather than details of a hunt.

Take it for what it is, paid for staged shoots, hunting just applies when he is trying to find his camera.
Not that there is really anything wrong with that IMO as long as it stays legal. But I doubt you will hear anything about events and technics or strategies leading up to the shot unless it's how to eat off of the buffet back at "camp".
He has a couple of bucks he "shot" posted earlier. My first thought was if your gonna spend your money that way, why not get off your tight assed coin roll and spring for a deer in the 195 to 210 inch range? Go big or stay home.
In reality, as long as he is continuously pimping his junk every chance he gets then it is a tax deductible expense... But I don't call it hunting, and I know I'm not alone...
But as long as it helps him sell to the masses, and the occasional gullible thinks he is some kind of "hunting" guru, then he has acheived his goal.
Like I said, nothing wrong with that, it is what it is,... and it's not what it's not....

Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: sharp_things] #14136234 09/18/19
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,174
T_Inman Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,174
For such a horrible hunt he had in Florida, it's odd to have a decal depicting it on the pickup...

Florida Hunt Review



That, and a simple google search of this guy's name in quotes with elk, Idaho and 2019 also in the search bar brings up the Juniper Mountain Ranch's website, which is a high fence operation in Southeast Idaho.

2+2 = 4, I reckon.

Again, I have no issues with ranch hunts, but this guy is quietly trying to push it off as something other than that.

Whatever.....carry on I guess.

Last edited by T_Inman; 09/18/19. Reason: Fixed the link


Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: sharp_things] #14136288 09/18/19
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,181
44mc Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,181
he tries to be the most bad ass bow hunter in the USA but hunts high fence and tells people its all fair chase .just don't try to bs us we are smarter than he will ever be

Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: sharp_things] #14136421 09/18/19
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 13,024
GregW Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 13,024
Anyone with half a brain can look at this idiot and see he hasn't ever been on a real hunt in his life but wants to live in the game....

Honestly he's not even worth the time....

He's a cull. He wouldn't last 10 minutes on a real hunt. He'd have a heart attack...


- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: T_Inman] #14137132 09/19/19
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 23
ElmerFudd Offline
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by T_Inman
For such a horrible hunt he had in Florida, it's odd to have a decal depicting it on the pickup...

Florida Hunt Review



That, and a simple google search of this guy's name in quotes with elk, Idaho and 2019 also in the search bar brings up the Juniper Mountain Ranch's website, which is a high fence operation in Southeast Idaho.

2+2 = 4, I reckon.

Again, I have no issues with ranch hunts, but this guy is quietly trying to push it off as something other than that.

Whatever.....carry on I guess.


Tried but haven't found Juniper Mtn. Leaning more towards high fence the longer it isn't addressed though. It's fine if it's high fence, and I agree that I don't have a problem with that, just be upfront about it.
Went through and found a hog hunt that was high fence but it was addressed right off the bat. This one seems to be taking a while.......?

Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: sharp_things] #14137348 09/19/19
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,310
pete53 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,310
why just pick on this dude ? but its ok for guys to post pictures of deer and elk on 24 hr. campfire that these dudes are all clean including their boots,then take pictures of the animal they shot out the window or near the truck that they did the sneak with the truck on a old 2 track road and they call that hunting ? really ? i have seen some pictures on 24 hr campfire guys standing next to their animal they shot, they are in the snow taking a picture with no gloves ,baseball hat on , light thin jacket,and no snow on their pant legs ,you know dang well most of them shot that animal out of or near the truck and they call themselves hunters ? i have seen it out west when i am hunting on foot these road hunters,shameful ! so what or who are you dudes callin the kettle black ? >yes i know there is about 10 - 15 guys on campfire who feel they are the superior hunters and marksmen but your no better or worse than the rest of us. > matter a fact i am just an average target shooter with a rifle come on up this winter and shoot our 100 -500 yard shoots lets see some real truth and i will post our scores on 24 hr campfire. i won`t be the high score ,but i also know who will win too and it won`t be you ! talk is cheap as is fingers on a keyboard

Last edited by pete53; 09/19/19.
Re: 2019 Idaho Archery hunt hunt (pics/video) [Re: pete53] #14137413 09/19/19
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 23
ElmerFudd Offline
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by pete53
why just pick on this dude ? but its ok for guys to post pictures of deer and elk on 24 hr. campfire that these dudes are all clean including their boots,then take pictures of the animal they shot out the window or near the truck that they did the sneak with the truck on a old 2 track road and they call that hunting ? really ? i have seen some pictures on 24 hr campfire guys standing next to their animal they shot, they are in the snow taking a picture with no gloves ,baseball hat on , light thin jacket,and no snow on their pant legs ,you know dang well most of them shot that animal out of or near the truck and they call themselves hunters ? i have seen it out west when i am hunting on foot these road hunters,shameful ! so what or who are you dudes callin the kettle black ? >yes i know there is about 10 - 15 guys on campfire who feel they are the superior hunters and marksmen but your no better or worse than the rest of us. > matter a fact i am just an average target shooter with a rifle come on up this winter and shoot our 100 -500 yard shoots lets see some real truth and i will post our scores on 24 hr campfire. i won`t be the high score ,but i also know who will win too and it won`t be you ! talk is cheap as is fingers on a keyboard


Umm, he started the thread? crazy

He's more than welcome to come back and clear this up, he just hasn't. Other than that I'm not sure what to tell you. If you are going to start a thread telling everyone how great of a time you had, explain what part was great. If it's just paying to shoot an animal, ok. But, address that when someone asks. He's been back a few times, without addressing questions. it is nice of you to defend his honor though.

Last edited by ElmerFudd; 09/19/19.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

RR1
Who's Online Now
116 registered members (308ld, 257_X_50, 01Foreman400, 30Gibbs, 6MMWASP, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 938 guests, and 349 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3










Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2019 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3
(Release build 20190728)
PHP: 5.6.40 Page Time: 0.069s Queries: 15 (0.005s) Memory: 1.1890 MB (Peak: 1.4981 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2019-10-16 06:48:40 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS