Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
SAS officer makes ace in just seven seconds.

SAS hero with shotgun 'kills five ISIS fighters including two wearing suicide vests in just seven seconds during raid on jihadi bomb factory in Iraq'

- A 12-man SAS team were observing suspected IS bomb factory in Iraq
- Performed a dawn raid on the property when they expected attack was imminent
- Officer armed with shotgun took down five 'heavily armed men' in quick succession, before several others surrendered

By William Cole For Mailonline

Published: 05:13 EDT, 15 September 2019 | Updated: 05:19 EDT, 15 September 2019

An SAS officer armed with a shotgun has killed five jihadis during a dawn raid, it has been reported.

The intense fire fight was over in just seven seconds, and quickly led to the militant group's surrender of the stronghold.

The covert operation took place on an Islamic State outpost in Baghdad, Iraq.

MI6 agents, working with Iraq's special forces, had identified the building as a suspected bomb factory from which militants would carry out attacks.

A 12-man SAS team was then sent to watch the house for several days.

Upon receiving reports of a planned multiple suicide bombing, the team planned a dawn raid for the next day.

A 'breach team' were the first to enter, breaking through a doorway into a courtyard.

However they were soon faced by a group of heavily armed men, who had reportedly just finished morning prayers and were loading weapons into a vehicle.

One of the officers, armed with a Benelli M4 Super 90 semi-automatic shotgun, fired at them, killing three would-be bombers.

Another two terrorists then appeared from a building, but before they could fire off a shot they had been neutralised them as well.

'The terrorists were no more than a few feet away when the SAS team came face to face with them,' a source told the Daily Star about the raid late last year.

'One of the breach team opened fire with a shotgun and shot dead three before they could get a shot off. Another two terrorists appeared from a building and he neutralised them as well.

'Several other terrorists emerged from the building but immediately surrendered and began panicking as two of the bodies didn’t have heads – they thought they were about to be executed.'

It was reported that two suicide vests, one weighing 30lbs, were found on the dead men. They were made mostly from ball bearings and plastic explosives.

At least one officer on a raid is armed with a 12 gauge pump-action Benelli shotgun, which is usually used to blast through locks and remove hinges from doors.

The Ministry of Defence does not comment on special forces operations.

From The Daily Mail

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Now that is what I call varmint shooting!

Kudos to the SAS officer

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good work by SAS. As usual.

Retired cat herder.

R
RCL Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Excellent work.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
A friend who commanded a DEA breaching team told me his shotgun was usually loaded with slugs made of dental cement for taking out door locks and/or hinges. I can see that kind of load being able to behead someone with the right shot placement.
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Knock, knock!
Special Delivery!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Who Dares Wins....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Two points--I doubt it was an officer and since when is an M4 a pump action?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Two Points
:1.[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]
2. Twelve man SAS squads are led by an officer
Bonus point: Your're an idiot..

Last edited by jorgeI; 09/17/19.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Two Points

Yeah, dumbphuck--that's a semi auto. It's the M3 that can be pump or auto. I know who leads teams, but I also know that the breacher with a shotgun isn't normally an officer.

Last edited by UPhiker; 09/17/19.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Two Points

Yeah, dumbphuck--that's a semi auto. It's the M3 that can be pump or auto. I know who leads teams, but I also know that the breacher with a shotgun isn't normally an officer.

Like you, the media is FOS. The article said M4 BUT also quoted a "pump." The easiest solution is to check the TOE of an SAS Team. I was just pointing out that an M4 exists (which your poorly worded post alludes to). As to the officer, I suppose we'll never know, but he was most likely a non-commissioned officer, which is a typical error made by the media. you must read a lot...

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Two Points

Like you, the media is FOS. The article said M4 BUT also quoted a "pump." The easiest solution is to check the TOE of an SAS Team. I was just pointing out that an M4 exists (which your poorly worded post alludes to). As to the officer, I suppose we'll never know, but he was most likely a non-commissioned officer, which is a typical error made by the media. you must read a lot...

I was merely pointing out the mistakes in the article and you jumped on me and now have agreed with both the points that I raised.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, some Brits are still part of a hearty lot.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
A friend who commanded a DEA breaching team told me his shotgun was usually loaded with slugs made of dental cement for taking out door locks and/or hinges. I can see that kind of load being able to behead someone with the right shot placement.
Jerry

"Dental Cement"?

For the life of me I can't think of a product we have that would do the job. I'd like to here more about it.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I've always heard that breaching rounds were powdered lead that was held together by epoxy or other substance. Here it is...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaching_round

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
gee , now the anti-gunners will be saying there is no need for us civilians to have military grade weapons like pump or auto shotguns........

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The local Sportsman’s warehouse has 12ga “pre-fragmented” breaching rounds for sale.

If I had to guess I’d imagine that the first few rounds are breaching rounds and the rest are buckshot. Either way a headless haji is a good haji.

It’s unfortunate that they took prisoners.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All I can say is.....

PULL!

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m sure #8 bird shot. Just like a slug.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Maybe a bunch of modern day form of buck and ball rounds for humans loaded in before 1 or 2 breaching rounds.

Holy schitt you can load up a wpn like that????

Whoda thunk????

Edit : just like acesNeights said.

Last edited by renegade50; 09/17/19.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,881 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,359
Posts18,468,939
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.