Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
eblake Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
I recently acquired a CZ Brno Model 1 .22 lr which has a 15 mm grooved receiver. I'd like to put a scope on it but have not been able to find any rings to fit that receiver, except from one English company. Does anyone know where I can find rings to fit this rifle in the USA?

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I've been looking too and weighing my options.

I have read that the Warne rings for a CZ 527 are the best way to go, since the dovetail is deep enough for the Model 1 and the recoil lug is a screw that can simply be turned in & out of the way. They run around $50 and are easy to find.

Burris and CZ rings should also be good but you will have to machine the recoil lugs off the rings.

BTW - which English company? I'd like to check them out and see what they offer.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
E
eblake Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
The English rings are made by Sports Match and are listed for sale by Ant Supply Ltd. They have rings that are made specifically to fit 15mm CZ dovetails. I haven't contacted them yet but will be.
Thanks for your suggestions.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by eblake
I recently acquired a CZ Brno Model 1 .22 lr which has a 15 mm grooved receiver. I'd like to put a scope on it but have not been able to find any rings to fit that receiver, except from one English company. Does anyone know where I can find rings to fit this rifle in the USA?

16mm.

Try this fellow on ebay, I have a set of the 1" rings and am happy enough with them.

Ebay listing.

Failing that just use older Tikka mounts (M55/LSA55 etc).

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Faced with the exact same problem with my BRNO #2, I stumbled onto a guy in Czech Republic who deals in BRNO .22 stuff who had rings. I found him on Gunbroker, maybe 2-3 years ago now and he fixed me right up. I just now went into my GB account to see if I could call up my buying history and I'm darned if I can figure it out. If someone knows how and tells me maybe I can find the guy's contact info.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Faced with the exact same problem with my BRNO #2, I stumbled onto a guy in Czech Republic who deals in BRNO .22 stuff who had rings. I found him on Gunbroker, maybe 2-3 years ago now and he fixed me right up. I just now went into my GB account to see if I could call up my buying history and I'm darned if I can figure it out. If someone knows how and tells me maybe I can find the guy's contact info.

If you are referring to Josef, he sells on ebay as Jo-Jo.

And his word is gold.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Addendum: Out of curiosity I checked eBay for BRNO scope rings and I think the same Czech guy is selling there under the name "gunspart". Only mounts listed for BRNO#1&2 were 30mm size, but it wouldn't hurt to contact him with your needs. The rings he has listed cost $85, and that's around what I think I paid for my 1" ones. A bit salty maybe but they're good quality.

Note also these rifles need rings that are bit higher than what is intuitive in order for the bolt handle to clear without modifications to it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JSTUART

And his word is gold.

Thanks. That rings a bell. Don't know if it's the same guy on eBay right now. The guy on GB peddled a bunch of nifty target sights for these rifles too, if I'm not mistaken?

E
eblake Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Addendum: Out of curiosity I checked eBay for BRNO scope rings and I think the same Czech guy is selling there under the name "gunspart". Only mounts listed for BRNO#1&2 were 30mm size, but it wouldn't hurt to contact him with your needs. The rings he has listed cost $85, and that's around what I think I paid for my 1" ones. A bit salty maybe but they're good quality.

Note also these rifles need rings that are bit higher than what is intuitive in order for the bolt handle to clear without modifications to it.

Thanks for the advice regarding ring height to avoid bolt clearance problems. I like to mount a scope as low as possible and have encountered this issue recently on both an Ruger 77/44 and Winchester 70. I'd like to get it right the first time with this rifle.

What ring height worked on your Brno? I will use a straight tube Leupold so sight clearance will not be a problem.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART

And his word is gold.

Thanks. That rings a bell. Don't know if it's the same guy on eBay right now. The guy on GB peddled a bunch of nifty target sights for these rifles too, if I'm not mistaken?

Here you go.

jojo_svk

And if any require other spare parts, Rebels strips a few.

Rebels

Last edited by JSTUART; 09/11/19.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by eblake

What ring height worked on your Brno? I will use a straight tube Leupold so sight clearance will not be a problem.

Heck if I can remember if I ended up with medium's or high's. I just now dug the rifle out and measured from the top of the receiver to the bottom of the scope tube and got .570". That height allows the bolt handle to clear the 1.5" ocular bell by a scant 3/16".

Not that it would matter in your case, but the 1.815" diameter objective bell would hit the tangent rear sight if I hadn't been able to have shifted it just barely far enough back so as to leave that neat sight in place. Weaver 3-9 Classic. Luckily after all those gyrations the eye relief is perfect.

E
eblake Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Thanks to all for the helpful info. I have contacted ANT Supply in England and will post the outcome of my communications with them.

E
eblake Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
ANT Supply Ltd has rings for the cz 15 mm dovetail listed for 23 and 25 pounds (about $1.25 per British pound, I think) per set. High rings are in stock but they are still waiting for the medium height rings. Shipping starts at 8 pounds so it looks like the total cost will be about $40. I'm waiting for the medium rings to be available and will report more then.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Eblake - there are two CZ 16mm profiles....
One is flat at the widest point of the dovetail (CZ 527 style), the other has a portion raised above the widest point of the dovetail.
Yours should have the raised one. Do you know if those rings will work on your rail?
They either have to match the rail profile, or the dovetail cut has to be deep enough to allow for the raised portion.
I have the raised one on my Model 1 and I'm very interested in how this all works out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Denny, aka Brnoman, was an excellent source of CZ/Brno parts but unfortunately I read of his passing in this post from Remfire Central.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1171861&highlight=Parts+Denny

He was one of the good guys. RIP

Geow

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
if the cz 527 rail size is what you need. might i suggest a set of inexpensive tikka t3 factory rings that came with the t3's that most folk don't use. one of the rings will have a bolt stop but if you don't need it just punch it out. i used a set of the tikka t3 aluminum rings on a cz-527 american and have no complaints so far.
good luck,
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Good tip...

Not sure if the mounting slot is deep enough but definitely worth a try

Last edited by kragman1; 09/17/19.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
FWIW Warne lists their Maxima ringmount for 16 mm dovetail.

Another worth considering, which I have on my own Mod 1 (1947 vintage) is the Lynx ringmount. I have these on a few others too, including my ZKW465.They are steel, and I haven't had a moment's trouble with them. I'm not sure whether you can get them in the US, but there'd be a few Australian shops which would no doubt be happy to send you some.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Base on many years of messing around with various BRNO snd CZ rifles, i would have to agree with Dan_Oz..

The Lynx rings are the way to go if you can find them. Well made and reasonably priced.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

For those faced with a similar dilemma I am shewing a 1958 model 5 with a set of 5/8" Ausinel mounts I cut to suit, also included are a set of the Brno mounts from the Ebay seller I listed in my prior post. The Tikka bases shewn also work fine and give one the added facility to change ring heights as needed.

Two things that do come to mind, one is that I would kill to have Morris at Alaska arms provide his mounts for the 5/8" dovetail, and I am going to grab a set of older Sako rings and cut them to suit the 5/8" dovetail, as I reckon they would really hit the spot on the Brno.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

571 members (10Glocks, 219DW, 12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 17CalFan, 47 invisible), 1,958 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,234
Posts18,447,787
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.