Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Just wanted to let all the Anchoraguans know that 3 Bears in Chugiak has a whole pallet of plastic grocery bags for $20. Just picked up a 1000 while in town. Plan on grabbing a pocket full whenever headed in to go grocery shopping.

Might even hand them out to people who want some in front of the store... ...

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That makes no sense, any which way. I read that three times now and get nothing. What are you saying and what are you accomplishing?

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Just wagering a guess, but he's saying that if you want to use plastic bags for your groceries, you still can.

I use those plastic bags I get at the grocery store multiple times. Glad they are still legal in my area.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are still "legal" but the stores are supposed to charge a dime apiece for them.

I think it is great! Homelessness and crime are through the roof, but they at least have time for those evil plastic bags! And those wonderful bags from recycled paper do not cause any issues with OUR water.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've got a bunch of them at the house and used some on Sunday to pick up some things at Fred Meyer, I was fully expecting some SJW to confront me about it but no one did, which was a bit disappointing.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Looks like I’ll be making a pit stop on my way to Skanchorage tomorrow.

L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
They are still "legal" but the stores are supposed to charge a dime apiece for them.

I think it is great! Homelessness and crime are through the roof, but they at least have time for those evil plastic bags! And those wonderful bags from recycled paper do not cause any issues with OUR water.

IIRC, the dime a piece is for paper. Stores can’t provide plastic at all.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LoadClear

You may very well be correct...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Quick check shows you are correct... I feel so much better now...

The damage done by making paper from recycled paper is a lot worse than other paper, just in the quantities of water they must use.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

^^^^^^
Correct, plastic bags are banned unless they are your own. They can be provided "in the back" by the store such as produce area to put your vegetables in but not at checkout. 1st offense for the store is a warning but additional offenses carries a $250 fine to the store each time. I imagine 3 Bears and some other small businesses are stuck with extra plastic bags after the ban so they're trying to get rid of them the cheapest way they know how. I agree on a crap load of other social problems in Alaska but they're worried that the plastic bags will destroy our planet.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HARDBALLER

^^^^^^
Correct, plastic bags are banned unless they are your own. They can be provided "in the back" by the store such as produce area to put your vegetables in but not at checkout. 1st offense for the store is a warning but additional offenses carries a $250 fine to the store each time. I imagine 3 Bears and some other small businesses are stuck with extra plastic bags after the ban so they're trying to get rid of them the cheapest way they know how. I agree on a crap load of other social problems in Alaska but they're worried that the plastic bags will destroy our planet.

I just checked the statistics and Anchorage has a higher crime rate than Minneapolis, especially in the crimes that matter. On a scale of 1-100 we score a 2... you can guess which end of the spectrum is best.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Issuing several thousand $1000 littering citations across the state,& some might have the slightest inclination to pull their head out from where the sun doesn't shine!!

Dumpster Ducks(white trash) at Transfer Sites piss me off also.

Keep'em in the X ring,
Dan

www.accu-tig.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bag ban ...dumb azz .gov .....if anything place a bounty on them and make the kids WORK and make a few bones...mite learn'M sometin....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I’m not sure I get the push back on single use bag bans. They are a blight and are simply not smart. Just consider the incredibly short use span for a second and anyone with more than two brain cells knows they are obsolete and are incredibly wasteful. Of course most people call them “wall mart “ bags, so it seems to go with the territory. I was in Kenya recently and they have banned all single use bags. They still have lots of rubbish problems, but not those bags. In many places, what would have been single use plastic was cotton or a durable, reusable burlap style bag. We should be way ahead of Kenya on stuff like this...

Last edited by baxterb; 09/27/19.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Having driven through the valley, and having been near the landfill and seen the trees absolutely choked with plastic bags, I get that. It is stupid to take a place like this, and turn it into a shirthole.

That said, its a bit of a moral issue at that point, and legislating a moral issue is going to be problematic. And I like being told what to do about as much as the next guy, and that's about not at all. So... I get that too.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
My plastic grocery bags are not "single use". Tbey get reused for all sorts of things. Occasionally I collect more than I anticipate being able to use and recycle them .

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
697 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 1badf350, 12344mag, 76 invisible), 2,685 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,689
Posts18,399,819
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.