-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Sometime after 4 this morning the power went out. Didn't think too much of it, but it is unusual. Then around 5 a loud noise woke me up. I jumped up, slipped on some clothes, got in the truck to ride around the place to see what might have happened. As I looked up the road, I could see a shadow of something. Drove up there and there was a wrecked car. Nobody else around, so I got out and heard a man call help. Got over there and the fellow was cut up a little, but had a broken leg. Helped him out of the car, set him on the ground, and held him until the ambulance arrived and they put him on a stretcher. They landed a helicopter in the neighbor's front yard and took to a hospital in El Dorado, Ar.

A tree had fallen across the road and took out the power lines, but wasn't laying on the ground, a limb and the power lines had the trunk suspended in the air. The car hit the trunk and the limb that was holding it up, knocking the limb off the tree. The car made it under the trunk, but stopped about 25' on my side of it. By knocking the limb off, the trunk fell to the pavement. About a 30" diameter tree. Car was a mess and the air bag is probably what save the fellows life.

I didn't know the fellow, but I know his wife's mother, and her side of the family very well. Young man was headed to his in-law's and then on to work.

I was 8 am before they got the road back open and got power on about 10 am.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Well done, friend.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad you were able and willing to help him, Randy.

I've had more than my share of dealing with the aftermath of bad wrecks. But I always do what I can.

Weather take the tree down?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Oldman to the rescue!!!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Barry, it wasn't bad weather that caused the tree to fall. It's a combination of things. Wooded on that side of the road and the trees along the highway, are out of balance, most of the limbs are on one side of the tree, the road side. That and the dry weather. When we get a lot of rain, trees fall..... and, when it gets real dry, trees fall. It's dry.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Same here... Constantly on tree patrol. Found a bog one down right up next to a new fence. Luckily, it didn't take out the fence.

Gonna take a tractor and chainsaw to clear it though.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Good Job Randy!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,785 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,573
Posts18,453,908
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.