Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Our WW1 soldiers used the trench guns, Winchester M97's, and word was that the Germans were so afraid of them, that they cried to have them outlawed.

Well, they succeded to an extend. No use of bare lead projectiles in shot guns in war. On the home front, those sawed off shot guns used in war were restricted in the U.S. in 1934.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are Brits even allowed to kill Muzz?

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My wife likes the Model 12. She can roll out six with one squeeze of the trigger--just keeps pumping. She showboats with the one-handed stuff...

Much too dangerous I tell her--am still waiting on the safety recall.

Defend the Constitution
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by jorgeI
.And here's another clue for you, the "O" in NCO stands for "Officer", meaning the raid COULD have been lead by either an NCO or a full Zero.

Give up and just admit that you made a mistake. Nobody (especially themselves) considers NCOs officers.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
This brings me back to a question. Why aren't semi auto shotguns used more often than pump? Are the semi's just not reliable enough for CQC?

Beats me. Never understood it. Today the short recoil / beretta style system ain't far from 100%. But before that the old Browning long recoil system, as in A5, was there as well. If there is a pump shotgun the equal or better than those two I'll be surprised to know.

Well stated. Also with these two shotguns, in an intense situation such as described in the story, no worry about short stroking the pump or having gun not shouldered and on target between rounds. But I think the guys using a shotgun as in this story would never have to worry about not being absolutely reliable with any weapon they employ. God bless our young men and others from the free world who choose to serve in spite of such risks to their own live and welfare. The new Benelli shotguns are about as foolproof as a stone ax.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
UPXXker, I mean hiker, are you a Nobody too??? Rusty

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman

its said: "The NCOs are the SAS. Officers come and go but the NCOs provide the continuity."

FLASH, just like in just about any other branch. In the Naval services (where you know, I have actual experience), Chief Petty Officers ARE (or were the backbone). Commissioned Officers do generally stay for a much shorter period in order to get their "ticket punched" and move onto other areas in order to enhance their Fitness Reports. But how would you know this..... But do continue regaling us with your google search prowess...And here's another clue for you, the "O" in NCO stands for "Officer", meaning the raid COULD have been lead by either an NCO or a full Zero.

PS: remember this, when flying, if you push the stick forward the houses get bigger, pull the stick back and they get smaller At least for a time, depending on your thrust to weight ratio. Get back to us on the value of this profundity...

LMAO! You are on a roll this week.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by UPhiker
.And here's another clue for you, the "O" in NCO stands for "Officer", meaning the raid COULD have been lead by either an NCO or a full Zero.

Give up and just admit that you made a mistake. Nobody (especially themselves) considers NCOs officers.

No, my point was twofold, the mistake COULD have been made by the author of the piece who called the shotgun toter and "officer" and it is not outside the realm of probability it could have been a "real" officer. Both the SAS and SEAL teams have used Os in missions/actions not generally performed by them. Point being, the media has the bad habit of misuse of the term "officer" .

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Always makes me uneasy when these combat exploits are put before the public, especially in those cases where it’s attached to a name (not the case here but people could find out who the guy is). Doesn’t seem like anything good comes of it.

First off, that person probably already has all the acclaim they care for, that being the respect of their peers within the combat arms community. That and the knowledge that when it counted, they came through for their comrades in arms.

Put these deeds before the public and there’s the very real danger of retaliation against themselves and their families.

Then later on in life, for the rest of their life, they’re the guy who killed those five guys or whatever. This may well be a topic they might not want to discuss.

Most combat veterans I’ve known didn’t want to talk about it, especially to people who ain’t been there.

JMHO

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

Fastest man I ever saw with a repeating shotgun used an 870 Wingmaster. Fastest at actually hitting things.

All things are always on the move simultaneously. - W.S. Churchill
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Two points--I doubt it was an officer and since when is an M4 a pump action?

Don't sweat the small stuff.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've always heard that breaching rounds were powdered lead that was held together by epoxy or other substance. Here it is...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaching_round

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Wow a good start!!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

717 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 70 invisible), 3,110 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,200
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.