Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So far I can't see much other scenario than Clemson, Bama, OK, and probably UGA in the Final 4 again.

Clemson has zero competition in the ACC. FSU and Miami are down right now
Bama has the best talent
UGA has ND, then nobody beside UF and AU to play that will challenge them
OK will stomp the Big 12. Win games 52 - 34 every week.

LSU - not sure what to think. Is that Offense for real? We'll find out. If so, they are a Dark Horse to knock Bama or UGA out of the running.
Ohio State - maybe, but they will need to go undefeated and somebody on top of this list will need to falter. Bama, UGA, and LSU all will have played multiple top ranked opponents by the time they pick the Playoff teams. The SEC Championship will very likely have 2 teams in contention for that honor. Big Ten (can't count) doesn't have that.

Notre Dame - They need to go into Sanford Stadium this weekend and beat UGA. Do that, and I'm a believer. No way I see that happening

Auburn, Florida, Michigan - are pretenders right now. They haven't lost, but have weaknesses that the top teams will exploit. My Tigers are not dominant on the O-line and have a Freshman QB. Florida has a good Defense but lost their QB and just don't move the ball like the old Gators. Michigan won't beat Ohio State and I don't like Harbaugh. These three teams are going to end up the season in the 2nd Ten not the Top ten the way they look now.

Anybody see it differently?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My brother graduated from Ga. Tech. He is a big Tech fan.
He came over on Saturday to watch the game. And we watched The Citadel beat Tech. Whip their ass.
First time Citadel has ever beaten Tech.

So, all I know is, Ga. Tech is in for a long, long year.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You're right Hatari. I don't even know why they play the games anymore

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds about right for the top 4 teams you mentioned.
Just never know about college. That’s why I love college football.
Hoping my ducks make it to at least rose bowl

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Florida may improve with a new q-back.
Hate to see anybody get hurt, but never was a Franks fan.

LSU may be a threat to a lot of teams.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like and agree with your top 4.
LSU is sure an intriguing watch - be interested to see how they evolve this year.

Michigan? Yeah, they'll begin their huge helping of reality this Saturday at 11AM.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Bama's defense is depleted bad, but we have a defensive mastermind who knows a thing or 2 about overcoming adversity.

Clemson doesn't play anybody, so they really won't know where they stand come playoff time.

Oklahoma has the second best quarterback in the country who is gonna shine.

Georgia looks like they will maintain, and LSU is in it for real.

For all the haters, anybody else notice what Hatari's top 4 have in common?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Can't find much to argue with in your analogy Jeff. I'm always amazed the talking heads and media try to cram ND and Texas down everyone's throats during pre-season. That clown Herbstreit picked Texas to go to final 4.......! I'd throw LSU in there if they were in the SEC East. Ohio State will always be in the running as well, and will stomp Michigan's asss again this year. Pac 10 sucks big time too, like the ACC.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by hatari
So far I can't see much other scenario than Clemson, Bama, OK, and probably UGA in the Final 4 again.

Bama has the best talent

LSU - not sure what to think. Is that Offense for real? We'll find out. If so, they are a Dark Horse to knock Bama or UGA out of the running.
Ohio State - maybe, but they will need to go undefeated and somebody on top of this list will need to falter. Bama, UGA, and LSU all will have played multiple top ranked opponents by the time they pick the Playoff teams. The SEC Championship will very likely have 2 teams in contention for that honor. Big Ten (can't count) doesn't have that.

Notre Dame - They need to go into Sanford Stadium this weekend and beat UGA. Do that, and I'm a believer. No way I see that happening

Auburn, Florida, Michigan - are pretenders right now. They haven't lost, but have weaknesses that the top teams will exploit. My Tigers are not dominant on the O-line and have a Freshman QB. Florida has a good Defense but lost their QB and just don't move the ball like the old Gators. Michigan won't beat Ohio State and I don't like Harbaugh. These three teams are going to end up the season in the 2nd Ten not the Top ten the way they look now.

Disagree with your Dawg observations Tiger Boy!

😎

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
He came over on Saturday to watch the game. And we watched The Citadel beat Tech. Whip their ass.

No Bueno down on the Flats this year. My FIL and my SIL both did their Master's there. FIL also went to the Citadel. He's amazed at the Citadel, and disapointed in GT.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Originally Posted by hatari

Bama has the best talent

Disagree with your Dawg observations Tiger Boy!

😎

What, you disagree that UGA isn't Final 4 material? Who's gonna beat them? UF? Tech??? Surely you don't see ND pulling the upset this weekend?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

I'm not sure I'd call a 27-24 loss in overtime an ass whipping, although it certainly was an upset.

There's no shame in losing to Clemson, a lot of teams are going to do that this year and they beat USF.

OTOH, Tech still has to play Temple, Virginia and Georgia, so they do have their work cut out for them.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Bama has too many freshmen, but then, maybe not......

ROLL TIDE!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Problem I saw with Tech is that Citadel manned up on the line of scrimmaged with Tech. That should never happen.

Not like turnovers sunk Tech who otherwise dominated.

They’ll bounce back, but this looks like a tough year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hoping this is the year Kirby figures out the 4th quarter against Alabama. Lol. Painful end to the last two seasons.

If they stay on point, they’ll be hard to stop.

It’s still early in the year. There will be one or two teams that surpass everyone’s expectations.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
Bama's defense is depleted bad, but we have a defensive mastermind who knows a thing or 2 about overcoming adversity.

Clemson doesn't play anybody, so they really won't know where they stand come playoff time.

Oklahoma has the second best quarterback in the country who is gonna shine.

Georgia looks like they will maintain, and LSU is in it for real.

For all the haters, anybody else notice what Hatari's top 4 have in common?

The "second best" quarterback in the country will win the Heisman if he doesn't get hurt. If it wasn't for him Bama wouldn't have won the SEC championship last year.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I think LSU is for real, and they are the only top 5 team to have played a meaningful opponent this early in the season. Time will tell.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gig 'em Aggies! Whoop! laugh

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Aggies already got gigged by the Tigers.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Florida may improve with a new q-back.
Hate to see anybody get hurt, but never was a Franks fan.

LSU may be a threat to a lot of teams.

Time will tell.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 16 invisible), 1,615 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.