A
Dats a lotta complaints Clark!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Dats a lotta complaints Clark!

And it still doesn’t come close to the number of Leupold complaints.

One could argue that more critters have died being viewed thru a Leupold scope...YMMV...Shoot away with whatever suits you.

VX6 glass sure is nice...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
They all fail, wonder what the real number of nightforce/leupold, leupold/swfa, 1000-1, maybe higher?? Run whatcha brung...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Beaver10
My neighbor can over yesterday asking to borrow my torque wrench and boresighter to remount his older glossed VX3 3.5-10x40 on a Browning BAR.

He’d had it mounted on an old Remington 7mag for the last 20 years. Since upgrading to a VX5 scope for his 7mag, he wanted to repurpose the VX3 on his BAR....But, the scopes elevation wouldn’t track...He’d turn the turret up and the crosshairs wouldn’t move, then all of a sudden, it would start creeping up slightly, until he’d run out of elevation.

He sends the scope to Leupold and 1.5 weeks later he’s at my door asking for tools and a boresighter. I’m helping and I see the same issues happening that caused him to send the scope in for repairs...Neighbor is now ultra pissed. I just shrugged and said, “Well you got 20 good years out of it.”

He comes back tonight to tell me he called Leupold today and they said they checked his scope and it was within their specifications for accurate tracking. He asked them what exactly was that supposed to mean, being the turret gets turned but the crosshairs don’t move until he’s almost out of adjustment...The Leupold CS dude said that’s how the scope works...Neighbor is looking at me with disbelief and frustration...

I asked what he said to the guy after that answer. He said I asked who makes a good scope? The Leupold dude said Nightforce. LMFAO!

😎

Did you try pressing on the turret until your thumbnail turned white? That is the test they use at the service department.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
A friend of mine thought he was having trouble with his rifle. They took the scope cap off and pushed on the dial and it was moving around. This was an OLD Vari X II 3-9 and he sent it back to Leupold. They said they couldn't fix it and sent him a NIB VX-3i 3.5-10. He's a happy camper.

I'll stick with Leupold.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Could the rings have been tightened down too much??? Wouldn't be the first time someone overtightened rings and blamed the scope for it. It functioning properly.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mauser06
Could the rings have been tightened down too much??? Wouldn't be the first time someone overtightened rings and blamed the scope for it. It functioning properly.

22 ft pounds....Maybe it was the scope. Just the scope and nothing more than the scope. Rally around that idea. 😎

“Molon Labe”
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Judman
They all fail, wonder what the real number of nightforce/leupold, leupold/swfa, 1000-1, maybe higher?? Run whatcha brung...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Everything has a failure rate. However, the difference between a Leupold- any Leupold, and a Nightforce- any Nightforce is worlds apart. That is not a guess. It is not based on seeing a couple of scopes. It is not based on what scope I like. It is not based on opinion. It is based on hundreds of scopes from each being measured and used. In an average year I will directly see 40-50 Leupolds shot and tested. Well over half will have total failures. In that same year I will see twice as many Nightforces and the failure rate has been 0% for the last decade.

The sniper weapon system optic with highest failure in modern (post 70’s) US military history is the 3.5-10x40 M3LR with near 25% failure rate. The scope with lowest failure rate in US mil issuance history is the Nightforce 3.5-15x50 NXS F1 at less than 1%. Those “failure” rates are from SWS’s being turned in for repair.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

22 ft pounds....Maybe it was the scope. Just the scope and nothing more than the scope. Rally around that idea. 😎

I'm no Leupold fan, but that could be a contributing factor! whistle

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Journeyman

Rings were steel PRW’s, screws could still be “easily” turned with small Allen Wrench by hand tighter. Neighbor thought farmer tight would be preferred, not on these rings... After some Googlefu found a Leupold spec for PRW’s at 22lbs. 😎

“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Rings were steel PRW’s, screws could still be “easily” turned with small Allen Wrench by hand tighter. Neighbor thought farmer tight would be preferred, not on these rings... After some Googlefu found a Leupold spec for PRW’s at 22lbs. 😎

Last edited by Journeyman; 09/18/19.

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

22 inch ounds of fûck’n torque...You better now? Good! 😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, I forgot the “p” in pounds so you can bold that as well....Still the scope. Sorry 😎

“Molon Labe”
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I will keep my story of my 6x swfa failure to myself.. and it was mounted on AR15..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, I forgot the “p” in pounds so you can bold that as well....Still the scope. Sorry 😎

Damn Beav, I was picturing you leaning on the screws with a 1/2 torque wrench....... smile

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Was a joke, dude. See the little smiley? If you don't find the comedy in the the ft/in thing, while you were making an argument against over-torquing you either have a dull sense of humor or are just one of those azzholes that can't be wrong...
Or...you might try vagisil...

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar

Damn Beav, I was picturing you leaning on the screws with a 1/2 torque wrench....... smile

Nah afterwards he used same torque wrench to torque the heads on a motor he was rebuilding..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
I will keep my story of my 6x swfa failure to myself.. and it was mounted on AR15..

Was the barrel bent? Receiver too tall? Boresighter broken? Stock oversized?

SWFA’s fail, all scopes can fail...Hilarious to read these donkeys protecting their Leupolds like baby chicks. Shît breaks sometimes, especially if you do more than just look at your scopes and say “Oh, my, she’s so pretty”. LMAO 😂😎

“Molon Labe”
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I ever tell you all the story what scope I used on my sheep rifle last yr? It was a vortex diamondback 3-9x40.. a yr later it still holds zero.. according to the 24 hour brain trust that's a ph ucking miracle..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My swfa 6x failed because I didn't use a steel tape at 73 deg Fahrenheit to measure the 100yds..... oh wait that had nothing to do with it, that was a Leupold..... smile

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 222ND, 257 mag, 2003and2013, 68 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,200
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.