Bear............resistant

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I own a couple of them and have three for work plus two Yeti coolers. Ice keeps within two or three days of the Yetis. key is to fill with large ice blocks. A piece of foam under the lid helps too. Work trips are usually eight days and ice in the lifetime coolers last 5-6 Good coolers for the money.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm waiting for Stihl to come out with a high performance cooler.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
One thing that I learned from Ruffcutt was to insulate the cooler. He talked about putting blankets on his cooler one time to keep it cold. A few months later I was traveling and had my cooler in my Explorer. I had a pillow and not really have a spot for it I put it on top of the cooler. After traveling awhile I went to move the pillow. It was cool on the bottom. I remembered what Ruffcutt had said. So I always keep something to keep my cooler insulted now. Of course a good quality cooler would help also.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by 338rcm
Originally Posted by joken2

Per Brickseek some Walmart stores have the 77qt Lifetime "High Performance" cooler clearance priced slow as $75 others at $115.

Please send me a link

https://brickseek.com/

At the above link hold your cursor over "Inventory Checkers" up at the top of the page then left click on Walmart.

Then where is says, "Need help finding a SKU? Try our SKU finder." left click on SKU finder

In the text window that opens up type "Lifetime coolers", then click on "Search".

The next window that opens up shows the models and capacity they carry.

Click on the 77qt.

When that cooler page appears enter your zip code then click on "Check Inventory" (give it a couple of seconds to run a search)

Now scroll down the page and see if there any clearance priced and in stock at Walmart store within your immediate area.

(if none clearance priced in your immediate area try entering other nearby zips)

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by tzone
Junk.

I bought one, 70qt I think, from Walmart. It was supposed to hold ice for 5 days. It didn't hold ice for 24 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuHQxVFlciI

The one we bought had virtually zero ice left in it after each day. We used it in FL, in March. It was stored in the shade in a storage compartment of my MIL’s that was parked. We returned it, no questions asked for our money back.

With the $119 we got back, we bought 2 Coleman X-treams and they’ve been great.

Camp is where you make it.
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Rtic.

Ive got the 65 quart that I keep full of ice and meat pretty much all deer season. Great cooler

Ozark trail or rtic soft cooler for drinks and overnight travel. The small hard coolers are just too heavy and not enough capacity.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I like the Wal Mart cooler a lot. Works very well for us. I also have the R-Tic and yes it does seem to work better, but the problem with it it's so damned HEAVY.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Look up retro coolers and buy yourself a Gott cooler. I have a little one a 50 and an 80 quart Gott cooler and wouldn't have anything else. Rubbermade bought them and the quality went away. The older Gotts have heavy molded in handles that I've used for pole holders out salmon trolling plus the 50 has two pockets in the lid with screw in refreeze bottles and the 80 has three pockets in the lid. Cold goes down and the weight of those frozen bottles keeps the lid down. Three days on ice is pretty typical. I paid $70.00 for that 50 just this year and we use it all the time. Even the wife says it is great and money well spent.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Youtube has a lot of videos of cooler tests and comparisons.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lifetime beat Yeti and Ozark in this one:

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Junk.

I bought one, 70qt I think, from Walmart. It was supposed to hold ice for 5 days. It didn't hold ice for 24 hours.
Lol......if it was a 70 qt then it wasn't a Lifetime cooler, they just started making the 77 and 28 qt this year, previous model was a 55 qt which I have and love. It held ice for almost 2 weeks

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Junk.

Lol......if it was a 70 qt then it wasn't a Lifetime cooler, they just started making the 77 and 28 qt this year, previous model was a 55 qt which I have and love. It held ice for almost 2 weeks

Well I said "I think". So, then it was the 77qt. We bought it in mid-March, one day before we left to take the kids to FL. It was definitely a steaming pile of crap, and it definitely was a Grizzly. It certainly didn't work for us at all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Junk.

Well I said "I think". So, then it was the 77qt. We bought it in mid-March, one day before we left to take the kids to FL. It was definitely a steaming pile of crap, and it definitely was a Grizzly. It certainly didn't work for us at all.
A Grizzly cooler?

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Junk.

A Grizzly cooler?

That is confusing!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
They're made right here in Utah, so we generally get first looks at new Lifetime products. The ones I've handled seem well made and sturdy. They run about one third the price of a Yeti and are lots better than the price would indicate. I ignore so-called "ice retention tests" because they aren't very realistic. In the real world, we put ice in, throw in food and drinks (not always pre-chilled) and then open and close the lids often.

Just exactly what the guy in the video said as well.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Junk.

A Grizzly cooler?

Lol. Now I'm all twisted up. It was a Lifetime Cooler. But it was grizzly proof. Ya know, since they roam Disney Campground Swamps.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Junk.

A Grizzly cooler?

Lol. Now I'm all twisted up. It was a Lifetime Cooler. But it was grizzly proof. Ya know, since they roam Disney Campground Swamps.
And off the grid Alaska. wink

Steelhead

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You have slightly better chance on that deal.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

707 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1234, 007FJ, 69 invisible), 2,898 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,486
Posts18,451,978
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.