Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I would replace the OEM CZ trigger with a Timney or equivalent. MIM stuff breaks, which makes me a bit nervous with a true DG rifle. I know others will chime in and say it's OK. May work for them.

YMMV, but that's how I feel. Not hearsay, this happened to me.

And I like the trigger positioned further back in the trigger guard. Timney does that.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I don't recall the exact post but dint you say this breakage was due to improper stock removal or something where it got bound up? Not accusing you of anything just curious.

I have 3 550s currently including my every day shooter and have had zero issues with the trigger once adjusted and id not be joking to say its been fired 5000 times. I also am not a fan of MIM parts...but I'm wondering if there was a casting flaw in yours. Ruger triggers are MIM IIRC and seem pretty stout...but to my original point about the cz trigger is that it is an open design and remains as such if replaced with a aftermarket unit.

I made a post asking for opinions some time back as i was curious about their reputation. It seems there is not a lot of 550s in use with members of this forum.

Last edited by Quak; 09/30/19.

GOD Bless America
BP-B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yes, you are correct. I had the trigger adjusted from set to single stage. That position locks the trigger forward, doesn't let it pivot rearward.

The trigger slot in the bottom metal is a bit skimpy for the barreled action to be removed, trigger set like that and can put it in a bind. That's what happened to me.

If you don't adjust to eliminate the set feature, doubt you'd have a problem. Once I saw MIM parts, my feelings for that trigger went South.

Now, if you want to adjust the set feature out, just elongate the trigger slot with a file. Easy to do and the best way to prevent a broken part.

Did I say I don't like MIM parts... wink

Didn't know it had them until it broke. I'm betting that Ruger and others don't have MIM parts than thin and skinny. Some of the new revolvers are full of MIM parts, but those parts seem more robust, probably designed to accommodate MIM without weak spots.

DF

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
694 members (257 roberts, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 222ND, 76 invisible), 2,766 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,628
Posts18,398,765
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.