Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It's funny to read many of the posts. There was a time, not that long ago, when people were poopooing Tikkas here. The standard stuff. Stocks and bolt shrouds primarily. laugh.

How times have changed!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I have a Tikka 6.5X55 stainless laminated stock and it is easily my most accurate rifle. After all the work I've tried to do and had gunsmiths do over the years getting my Remingtons to shoot, it was a real pleasure to buy one that would shoot well right out of the box.

Remingtons at one time were good to go right from the factory but no more. I really don't care that my Tikka has plastic on it. My next rifle will be another Tikka or if I'm in a good financial position a Sako.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Also,

Name originated from the location of the original factories - Tikkakoski (woodpecker rapids)

Just a little trivia.

Carry on.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by Elvis
One thing to watch out for with Tikkas is the factory rings supplied. A mate had the screw holes elongate with the recoil in a .300 WSM until the holes were oval shape. The .270 did it as well about a year later. Steel Leupold ring/bases fixed both rifles. This was a few years ago so not sure if Tikka have fixed it now but it was pretty standard over here at one stage to ditch the factory aluminium rings and put on steel.

Nobody is going to grumble about the rings anymore.
They quit including them with the T3x.

I know several people that have never had an issue.
Probably a factor of the lot, person, # rounds fired.

My 6.5 has factory rings. No issue.
I know several 7mm to 338 mags, no issue.
If I ever scope the 7mag Hunter thats nib.
We might buy rings, or not.

I only have a sample of 1 for the Tikka factory rings. I bought a T3 Lite SS in 270 W
in 2003. I wasn’t impressed with their setup BUT I said what the heck, cost me nothing
so I’ll try them.

I’ve shot it plenty — grouping, graphing, hunting (killing) & range practice.....
NO issues period. I’m still using them today.

My 7 RM is a T3X so no factory rings.

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 09/22/19.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
It's funny to read many of the posts. There was a time, not that long ago, when people were poopooing Tikkas here. The standard stuff. Stocks and bolt shrouds primarily. laugh.

How times have changed!

Yeah, Tikka listened and fixed a lot of that chit too. Their T3X is an upgrade from the old T3... A lot less plastic, a better recoil lug and a better recoil pad, along with a few other upgrades... Good on them is all I can say.. Too bad Leupold wouldn't listen to some of the suggestions...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Tikka name was also used in 'local' (Scandinavia?) advertising for their accuracy.

Just think if Remington had tried to advertise their 710 as 'The Accurate Rifle'!

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell

How times have changed!

Mostly by a large group of people who hadn't been there done that! Folks around here can be rather difficult to educate! 😁

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Gee, you mean some Campfire members express opinions on things they have no experience with?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
laugh

Shocking!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (44automag, 5sdad, 673, 406_SBC, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 14 invisible), 2,265 guests, and 803 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,384
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.