Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by renegade50
But my pappy taught me how to " hunt" over cornpiles on uncle jojo,s 7 acres.
And his pappy,s pappy taught him.
Its a family/tn tradition.
Typical Tn corn pile shoot house [bleep],s

Fired 20 7.62x39 rds at trees and the ground nearby deer thruout thr morning also giving em a free education.
Scaring the schit outta em when tree bark and dust clouds are getting kicked up around em 5 or 10 ft away.

LOL!!

Just wait till our sight in/ confirm session for ml and rifle on saturday morning.

Lmfao!!!

gonna sight in on that trail cam?

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by slumlord
Irish Spring

Two deoderants and a fresh scent. lol

Very impressed with this.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Manly, Yes!!!!

But I like it too!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I doubt they'll learn anything by that. He'll just wander around wondering where the deer went. If nothing else, he'll be kept busy sitting there all season, waiting for deer that have sloped off for somewhere else.

Maybe the minty fresh odor will alert him, but if he needs to put out "deer corn", I doubt he'll notice it.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
We hunted a dove field last month with the warden on site. Heard 5 shot volley several times.

Asked the warden as he walked the field if he was checking plugs, he says "awwe I checked purty much errbody last year at this thing, i know many of the familiar faces, they all good"

One of dozens of things that pos warden good ole boy let slide ovet 2 days.
I posted up the email and pics on here i sent in to his supervisors about 2 weeks ago.

Tn wardens are a joke.......
75 to 90% of the " hunters " in this state are a joke.
Corn baiting shoot house fugga,s
And everyone knows it and knows fugga,s doing it.

Al gore inconvienant truth schit.
Except this schitt is truth year in and year out.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You know you want a Buddy Heater

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by deerstalker
But my pappy taught me how to " hunt" over cornpiles on uncle jojo,s 7 acres.
And his pappy,s pappy taught him.
Its a family/tn tradition.
Typical Tn corn pile shoot house [bleep],s

Fired 20 7.62x39 rds at trees and the ground nearby deer thruout thr morning also giving em a free education.
Scaring the schit outta em when tree bark and dust clouds are getting kicked up around em 5 or 10 ft away.

LOL!!

Just wait till our sight in/ confirm session for ml and rifle on saturday morning.

Lmfao!!!

gonna sight in on that trail cam?

That would be illegal shooting across a property line and destroying property.

Why would i do that and possibly put myself in a bind legally or put slumlord in a bind with his scumbille neighbors that condone schitt.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
[quote=Hawk_Driver]Why not just call the possum cops?

Game warden reported back to me, said...don't hunt within 250 yards of that guy's feeder or I'll cite you for hunting over bait.

Ain't calling the Piggies anymore b

that doesn't fly in Ga, this happens all the time, especially during turkey season and even duck season. The person with the feeder is the one that gets the talkin to.

My dad used to put bars of irish spring in nooks of trees, takes a while for a bar of soap to disappear.

My neighbor put a feeder about 50 yards over the line before turkey season, I removed it. Got a text from him a few weeks ago to check my stuff...that his feeder was stolen. I told him I had it. Straight told on his self. He is a chief of police too, caught him climbing up one of my stands several years back and his son shooting deer on my property.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Irish Spring

Manly, Yes!!!!

But I like it too!!!

Place smells like wayne newton show in vegas i bet.
Never been to vegas or seen wayne.
But i can imagine it is similar....

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I doubt they'll learn anything by that. He'll just wander around wondering where the deer went. If nothing else, he'll be kept busy sitting there all season, waiting for deer that have sloped off for somewhere else.

Maybe the minty fresh odor will alert him, but if he needs to put out "deer corn", I doubt he'll notice it.

He's only got about 2-1/2 acres to hunt behind his 90 yr old grandma's house.

Of course her 'backyard' is our 253 acres

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Can you be there with a camera before first light Sat and hid in camo to see if he comes in to hunt it?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Irish Spring

Manly, Yes!!!!

But I like it too!!!

Place smells like wayne newton show in vegas i bet.
Never been to vegas or seen wayne.
But i can imagine it is similar....

Hey!!! Don’t forget the Gold Bond and Icy Hot for the win!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guy I knew in upstate New York with a similar situation would just go and take dumps on his neighbor's property line starting a couple weeks before deer season.

AFAIK they didn't smell like Irish Spring... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Pour a little Diesel fuel on the corn pile. Wait until it rains so you don't set the woods on fire and add a 5-minute fusee to it. "What bait pile, officer?"

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by killerv
[quote=Hawk_Driver]Why not just call the possum cops?

Game warden reported back to me, said...don't hunt within 250 yards of that guy's feeder or I'll cite you for hunting over bait.

Ain't calling the Piggies anymore b

that doesn't fly in Ga, this happens all the time, especially during turkey season and even duck season. The person with the feeder is the one that gets the talkin to.

My dad used to put bars of irish spring in nooks of trees, takes a while for a bar of soap to disappear.

My neighbor put a feeder about 50 yards over the line before turkey season, I removed it. Got a text from him a few weeks ago to check my stuff...that his feeder was stolen. I told him I had it. Straight told on his self. He is a chief of police too, caught him climbing up one of my stands several years back and his son shooting deer on my property.

I have a Methodist preacher and his 30 yr old son doing that to me on my other smaller family farm of 60 acres

Guy put up an elaborate box tower, trimmed trees about 300 ft down into my property. I talked to his old man and we went for a walk and chat. I showed him his iron pins. Said he thought his line went to the bottom of the bluff, yet another 200 more ft.

The stand was moved

Moved to within 5 ft of the line.

Same type deal, guy has three acres, trying scheme off of me.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Pour a little Diesel fuel on the corn pile. Wait until it rains so you don't set the woods on fire and add a 5-minute fusee to it. "What bait pile, officer?"

Corn pile is on his side. I won't step foot on his property.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Gold Bond

Laughing

Aint wasting GB, already got a case of the red ass about all this business

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Here is the email i sent in dealing with my last interaction with a tn
" game warden" sept 1st and 2nd of this year.

Fugging buncha bullschitt as follows;

Never be kowtowed by public employee fuggs.
Address their shortcomings right then and their with em.
If they persist and show in every encounter they DGAF
Then bring it higher....

Below is something I addressed this week.
Gave dude every fugging chance to do his job.
Spoke to him factually 
He just didnt give a fugg.
He also didnt know who he was talking too and just thought I was some average schmuck....
The email i sent below:

Per ph conversation w/ "d" here is the email below i said i would send to you:

Listed below in chronological order

Best that I can compose.

Sept 1st hunt.

1. 1st interaction with Caleb the warden.

Came up by my position about 130 pm.

2 other hunters speaking with me also.

Caleb asked how it was going 

I said fine except everyone driving atv,s and walking across middle of feild during shooting hours flaring away birds and risking being shot coming up out terrian masking while people are actively shooting

Spoke with him about people shooting across southern boundary of feild into another field. ( the house on southern boundary with horse,s and home getting hit with bird shot)

He said they asked for permission to look for downed birds.

I then asked did they ask for permission to shoot at birds 30 to 40 yards over their property 1st.

His reply well it's legal and cant be helped.

I said to him I dont beleive that and you are making excuses to me for stuff you should been observing and taking care and adressing.

I then asked him why I observed a biologists tell them people after an hour not to shoot south anymore and wasnt enforcement and correction his job and not the biologist job

Said he was busy.......

His reply to everything I addressed in a calm rational discussion was.....

If you dont like how things are on this field you can find other places to hunt if you like with a pleasant smirk .....

I just thought to myself at that point.

Whatever dude you ain't got no spine....

For a warden to say something like to a person addressing basic issues he should be doing per his job is unacceptable and shows he has a lack of spine to do his job at even the most basic level.

He did not check my license , migratory bird permit or shotgun plug . Or the 2 others standing their listening to the disscussion.

Everything I addressed to him were basic level common sense safety issues or law issues at that time.

The 2 other hunters were amazed at his I dont care attitude during my and his 15 to 20 minute talk when he left.

He said he had to go check a 150 dollar a head pay hunt. He emphasized this point several times like some proclamation directed at me after his comment about me being" unhappy" supposedly in his mind about finding some other place to hunt.

When actually it was that he was resentful of me pointing out his shortcomings of him turning a blind eye to doing his job.

2. He then went on to stop at 4 other adjacent spots ( all of us had talked fans and feilds of fire for safety prior to the hunt.)

A total of 8 people did not have any requirements checked by him at all.

3. Numerous people on the feild had no plug in their guns.

It is easy to distinguish a gun without one

Their is no hiding the sound from one single gun even in multiple guns shooting 

It is even easier when a gun without a plug is firing by itself.

I heard numerous people (myself included) yelling at a father and son party doing this in the southern bowl area on the east boundary directly across from the willow tree clump thruout the day.

I fail to beleive a warden did not hear the shots or the people yelling to that duo to shoot only 3 shots and plugs their mag tubes.

4.same father and son duo were shooting birds across the feild on eastern boundary into another property 30 to 40 yards into it

From a 100 yd tree line break clearly visible to the warden tent

People ( myself included) were once again yelling at these 2 that what they was doing was illegal. Fail to belive once again the warden neither heard or seen any of this going on.

A guns report has a total different sound being fired 180° opposite out of a range fan.

Let alone seeing it going on in plain sight.

5. I gave warden "g" a good snapshot of caleb,s complacency when I left that day.

I dont think warden" g" was too impressed with what i said about caleb not even doing the basics of his job.

Sept2 hunt

1. From my position about 300 yards away

I observed caleb post 4 signs about 30 yards off the southern fence line around 1130.

Then approximately at 1230 after the noon start time. A gator with 2 hunters parked 10 feet off the southern fence line, they had even stopped and read one of the signs.

2. 2 hunters came by me 

Talking w/ them 

Similar points they had 

About people being in line of fire in range fans and on bad terrian in middle of field.

They also mentioned what caleb said to them per license and plug checks.

Cause they offered the paperwork and shotguns for inspection to them.

Caleb's response to them,

We checked all that stuff on people last year at a field and caught no one in violation so we wont bother with it this year.

Did they make that up.

I doubt they did.

They had brought up many things they observed the 1st day along the lines of my observations also . Only they was on the northern boundary of the field.

3.at approx 130 caleb drove past 20 yards from the 2 hunters with the gator 10ft away from the southern fence in plain visible veiw. Who had been actively shooting birds

what was written on the signs was unknown to me up till that time.

Started speaking with caleb 

Told him I was a little sorry, but not much for addressing issues with him yesterday but I told him they was all legit issues and many others on the field also were concerned about the same issues.

Plugs, people in range fans, shooting birds off the feild on other properties ect ect ect.

He said that's allright I dont take stuff personal, it is just the job.

I then asked him what did those signs say you posted 

He said the ladies house was getting hit with birdshot all day yesterday .

So the signs say no hunting within 100yards of the fence.

I thought this is fugging unbeilvable...

I said to him 

I dont belive you just posted a standard/ notification in person .

Its almost 2 hours into the hunt and those guys have been shooting 10 ft away from that fence and everyone including myself just watched you drive 20 yards past them in plain veiw and you did absouloutly nothing.

His reply was a vague 

It really dont matter

Then quickly left and drove out the north entrance road.

Another person was in the truck with him and heard me say what I had to say.

He returned one time around 4 pm but never made rounds on the feild and left around 430

I left the field around 630pm

Took attached pictures

You can plainly see the gator hunters 10 ft off the fence with sign on my right side towards the southern fence and also can see one of the signs.

I have hunted these leased feilds in Robertson county for 7 or 8 yrs.

They are excellent fields to hunt.

Many appreciate them.

Many observe the same things but will not speak their minds outta meakness.

We all know that is true in this day and age.

I have never seen or encountered stuff I have described like this until this year.

And it all falls on the warden.

Hearing that it all got away from us and we are shorthanded is not an excuse.

When " the it got away from us excuse" was not established as a baseline in the 1st place.

A friend of mine called up warden "g" with similar issues he had also.

Tactfully here are my suggestions.

Jerk a knot in Caleb's azz, inform him his job is being the standard bearer for his county for twra.

Tell him he can get along with his residents in his county and get over a possible fear of reprisal for enforcement of game laws.

Just enforce the standards and laws and use common sense.

Also tell him he needs to very careful with his off the cuff flippant remarks to people.

He dont know who the hell he is talking too

And just lumps everyone into they think I'm cool if I dont uphold the laws with them as I see fit.

Running into sheep dogs/wolves versus your average everyday sheep are 2 different things and schitt will bite ya in the ass if you dont hold the same standard for all across the board all the time.

He might be seen as the good ole boy warden by now and it might be too late for him to establish a better enforcement presence in robertson county.

A transfer to another county might rehab him into a better warden with a fresh start with some mentoring under a warden that is known for being firm but fair .

All any of us ask to encounter in a warden

Is firm but fair and equal across the board.

You cant pick and choose what you want to do and not do in a enforcement type job

People will pick up on a double standard or lack of a standard and will exploit it.

I spent 24 yrs in the army infantry.

I know what leadership looks like.

Caleb is trying to be the cool laid back guy.

Get along with everyone

Let schitt slide

Honestly if caleb was under me

I would look at his total performance.

And look at this behavior I seen from him.

And either do a relief for cause from duty position on him to something not in the public eye or transfer for a 2nd chance to establish in him a better law enforcement proactive mode.

And let him prove he can be a warden that upholds standards of this states game laws

He is the face of twra in robertson county 

Good or bad or complacency wise let him prove what he is.

A standard overlooked becomes the standard.

I think caleb in my opinon has done this and it has become 2nd nature too him to let schitt slide to be seen as " cool"

It can be corrected with a mentor like i mentioned .

Not a punishment but development.

Handle this in house guys with caleb.

It dont need to go higher

And the young man doesn't need to lose his job or take a pay cut

It's in your hands, not mine.

I know I would rehab transfer him under a warden with a solid reputation who has a retirement date. Tell caleb it ain't punishment but we want you to be an alpha warden and not a beta warden.

Suggestions for your leased dovefields

Easy to edit in and establish on the website instructions on each county field.

Or as a red letter all encompassing msg on the dove website 

1.occupation of shooting positions on all leased feilds will be within 25 yards of outer boundaries

2. No foot traffic or atv traffic is allowed across fields at any time prior to or during a hunt.

3. foot traffic is only allowed into a field to retrieve a downed bird in the most direct visible manner.

These 3 simple rules ( which also need to be posted at field entrance) 

Will establish you fields of fire and impact zone.

And help keep morons from getting shot who think they can just go sit in front of 6 hunters 75 yards out in their fields of fire.

Cause their ain't no rule that says they cant.

Another suggestion to solve your manning problems on fields and enforcement problems.

Charge a 2 dollar entry fee.

Kids, handicap, elderly free

Get 1 or 2 wildlife management students or local hunter safety types or local policewith a basic level of firearms compentency.

Have a safe inspection area at entrance 

Have them check for plugs and paper work

Ain't got correct paper work

You go get online buy it right now or go home.

Ain't got a plug

Have some 1/4th wood dowels on hand 

Have dumb dumb cut it to proper lenght and dumb dumb can put it in his mag tube if needed 

Pay the wildlife management student or whoever from the 2 dollar entry fees

Warden handles violations only in tactful manner from the checkers if needed

The 3 simple rules will take care of most of the conflicts on fields .

One day you guys will have ugly incident on a field . Just a matter of time for something to happen

Handle caleb in house guys.

Dont need ta be blown up.

Let him establish a proper reputation in another county.

Honestly the guys in robertson probably see him as a pushover by now.

That is not how a warden is supposed to be seen.

Firm fair and equal with the law is what we as hunters expect always

Not adjusting on the fly to be seen as cool and nonconfrontational.

Dont need a call or a follow up.

It's in your lane, handle it in house.

Other people dont need to know caleb needs to develop into a alpha and break this beta role he has made in robertson for himself

Caleb got transferred to another county for medical or family regions.

Caleb got put under a retiring warden as a replacement.

Simple as that.

Sincerely

Last edited by renegade50; 09/24/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I have a Methodist preacher and his 30 yr old son doing that to me on my other smaller family farm of 60 acres

Guy put up an elaborate box tower, trimmed trees about 300 ft down into my property. I talked to his old man and we went for a walk and chat. I showed him his iron pins. Said he thought his line went to the bottom of the bluff, yet another 200 more ft.

The stand was moved

Moved to within 5 ft of the line.

Same type deal, guy has three acres, trying scheme off of me.

I've seen a guy put a box stand just on the other side of the property line, looking down a long pipeline onto another man's place. On opening morning, the hunter found a big blue tarp strung between the trees, just over on the other guys' place, yards from the box stand. Two can apparently play at that game.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Got me LMAO

now I'm looking around the house at all the possibilities

Victoria Secret stress relief eucalyptus lotion. Bitches at work give that stuff to each other. The wife has that chit stockpiled like Diary of Anne Frank hiding out.

Bet that would be stinky in the woods

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Irish Spring

I knew I liked your style!

Ever thought about hanging some wind-chimes?

Last edited by wildfowl; 09/24/19.

The lion and tiger might be stronger, but the wolf does not perform in the circus.

NRA Life Member
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,687 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,907
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.