Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
When dealing with an entrapped patient at a car wreck....care must be taken to protect the airway and the C spine.

You must remove the wreckage from the patient...not the patient from the wreckage.

If the patient starts to crash or there is a fire or you and the whole mess just slid into the water......you get them the fugg outta the car.

Yep... "Stay and Play" vs "Load-n-Go"... Always situational...

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunner500
short of a full on explosive charge out of the brush, how in the hell does something that big get close enough to whip your ass?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by BC30cal
[quote=Brad][quote=jaguartx]

Yeah, and I don't hunt with guys who would shoot me through a bear.

As Jerry Clowers said from the top of the tree with a wild cat chewing his ass, "Just shoot up here amongst us. One of us needs some relief". wink

Jerry Clowers was one outstanding comedian! I miss his humor.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Did bears kill the 13 cattle or something else ?

I was hunting up around Salmon , ID. and saw some huge bear tracks and realised that I would never carry a 25-06 in a place like that again .

If a hunter is threatened life & limb by a grizzly/black bear - he shoots it - is there a written law that he has to report it to the authorities ?

The cattle died from eating a poisonous weed according to what was in the news.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Joezone

Damn!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If we was old time Indians some enterprising and able man might take up the challenge and go looking for said grizzly.

I wonder if there’s a possibility of a local arming himself and going looking for that bear. Seems like the bear might come to them.

Presuming it’s the same bear if these attacks, of course.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have hunted that area and would sure like the Fish and Game to solve the case so to speak. If its the same bear, it's one unsociable son of a gun and something is going to have to be done to resolve it. Most maulings are a result of a surprise encounter where the bear is defending cubs, itself or a food source. Hard to believe one bear could run into that much random trouble in such a short period of time unless it was just mean and ornery like a rabid dog.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
If we was old time Indians some enterprising and able man might take up the challenge and go looking for said grizzly.

I wonder if there’s a possibility of a local arming himself and going looking for that bear. Seems like the bear might come to them.

Presuming it’s the same bear if these attacks, of course.

Didn’t work out to well for Brad Pitt’s character in that movie “Legends of the Fall” 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One more reason to avoid Montana.....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Jag - Agree with most everything you posted but I want to let you know to believe about half of what comes out of Billy Hills mouth. Live in the same community and he is FOS. Well known around here and most just entertain the stories cause they are fun to listen to, if he is not repeating them to you for the 100th time. Heard plenty of versions of that story you tell and some versions were from Billy himself. Its not exactly the same story each time. He also got attacked by a bear and will love to show the scars and tell that story too. No longer outfitting as they took his license away. Good man but FOS most of the time. See if he runs for sheriff for the upteenth time next election.
Had a buddy kill a griz late summer early fall in the cabinet’s. Killed at 7 yards with 44. Sow with cubs. Happened fast. On a trail with thick cover. Charged from approx 20 yards and dead at 7. Three shots all hits. Montana fwp released statement on incident. So far no trouble for him. Criticized for no spray and not reporting till next day when he came back out of wilderness. Said it happened so fast it was either spray or gun and he was glad he didn’t have to choose. 305gr hard cast lead stopped it.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
For some reason the Cabinets have had quite a few bear attacks in the last few years. Some of the areas with long present higher concentrations have gone for decades without incident.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Had a student raised on an Indian Rez in New Mexico tell me about how one time they were having a problem with a particular black bear on the Rez.

A neighbor guy had the idea that he would take a knife, track down the bear, and pick a fight. He did just that, came back all torn up, but with a fresh bear skin.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by shootAI
Jag - Agree with most everything you posted but I want to let you know to believe about half of what comes out of Billy Hills mouth. Live in the same community and he is FOS. Well known around here and most just entertain the stories cause they are fun to listen to, if he is not repeating them to you for the 100th time. Heard plenty of versions of that story you tell and some versions were from Billy himself. Its not exactly the same story each time. He also got attacked by a bear and will love to show the scars and tell that story too. No longer outfitting as they took his license away. Good man but FOS most of the time. See if he runs for sheriff for the upteenth time next election.
Had a buddy kill a griz late summer early fall in the cabinet’s. Killed at 7 yards with 44. Sow with cubs. Happened fast. On a trail with thick cover. Charged from approx 20 yards and dead at 7. Three shots all hits. Montana fwp released statement on incident. So far no trouble for him. Criticized for no spray and not reporting till next day when he came back out of wilderness. Said it happened so fast it was either spray or gun and he was glad he didn’t have to choose. 305gr hard cast lead stopped it.

Thanks for that.

I know the M GWs didn't successfully convict him or the NY lowyer bowhunters though from the story in one of the big three . I'm thinking Outdoor Life iirc.

I've seen the many, many booner deer and elk on his mommas walls and also the booner cat she killed supposedly treed out back of her house by her feist.
Sucker was tough. I never saw anyone put the rear half of a bull elk on his shoulders and back and tote it down the mt, a hind leg over each shoulder with the pelvis on his back. Unskinned with hooves still on.

I wish I had a pic and knew the score of the humongous muley his brother,,David, had on his wall. Something like 38 in wide and 20 points. Unreal.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/24/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Joezone
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Did bears kill the 13 cattle or something else ?

I was hunting up around Salmon , ID. and saw some huge bear tracks and realised that I would never carry a 25-06 in a place like that again .

If a hunter is threatened life & limb by a grizzly/black bear - he shoots it - is there a written law that he has to report it to the authorities ?

The cattle died from eating a poisonous weed according to what was in the news.

Thanks .....

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 60 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,645
Posts18,455,396
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.