-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Remember back when Trump first became president we heard all these leaks about conversations Trump had with certain leaders. My question is don't you guys think its pretty ridiculous the president can't even contact a foreign leader without the conversion being leaked? What in the world is going on? The president controls the executive branch. can't he just say umm I want to have a private conversation. Why is it that half of washington is listening?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Because the Demonrats need to have impeachment material. They are probably listening to his conversations with his wife also.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Obama Deep State plants are everywhere.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Actually no, he can't. He is a public official and everything needs to be documented. This is not new, it's transparency and accountability. That's why there are always others in the room, phone calls are most likely recorded etc.

I have no issue with this. Regardless of party in power. Access to that material should be classified and controlled and "leakers" should be prosecuted.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

Actually no, he can't. He is a public official and everything needs to be documented. This is not new, it's transparency and accountability. That's why there are always others in the room, phone calls are most likely recorded etc.

I have no issue with this. Regardless of party in power. Access to that material should be classified and controlled and "leakers" should be prosecuted.

If we had full transparency into the Obama Administration, there would be a need for many guillotines.

It's always a double standard.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The democrats are looking at the bunch of kooks in their primary and figure this is their only chance .

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are two big factors in any conversation the president has with a foreign leader: transparency and secrecy.

First, in our pseudo “transparent” historical fad, everything needs to be on record, partly to protect the president himself. As said, due to the office he holds, there is a sense in which the president never has a private conversation.

On the other hand, if such conversations are not kept secret, no foreign leader will speak freely, ever.

Re the second of these essential factors, if congress forces presidential phone calls to be made public, they have cut off the president’s ability to lead, to speak for his nation, to be president in any real sense in terms of foreign policy. Stupid with a capital STU. No foreign leaderr will speak honestly if he knows what he says will be in the WSJ tomorrow. He will mouth PR material.

Once elected, the constitution is smart enough to give the president a LOT of trusted autonomy, with all of the risks and rewards that entails for the nation. It assumes that we will elect pretty good men and gives them power to act in a CEO capacity rather than merely as chair of a bickering committee..

Last edited by Okanagan; 09/25/19. Reason: clarity
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Actually no, he can't.

He can if he's a democrat !

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

+1

Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

Actually no, he can't.

He can if he's a democrat !

+1

Last edited by Prwlr; 09/25/19.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Agree

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Actually, the conversations are not supposed to be recorded (although given the intelligence deep state who knows) but are transcribed by a group of typists and the results collated later.

The problem is leaks. For Trump, this is a major issue since there are so many folks in government out to destroy him.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

This!!!!

I heard one of the Dem senators from a diverse background once say something about the information machine Obama was building. She said that once it was done they'd control everything. I wonder if that info center in Utah is part of it.

Look at all the conservative Congressman and senators that just decided not to run again. I always wonder if someone had something on them.

Interesting the big PC push to fire people for something they once said is growing right along with the recording of everything everyone says, even in the privacy of their own home. Should be easy to find dirt on just about anyone if they want to.

Does Trump have Alexa in the White House?

Information is power, the government has too much information on everyone.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 09/25/19.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by bowmanh

Actually, the conversations are not supposed to be recorded (although given the intelligence deep state who knows) but are transcribed by a group of typists and the results collated later.

The problem is leaks. For Trump, this is a major issue since there are so many folks in government out to destroy him.

transcribed over recorded seems "old school" to me, but ok.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 75 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,686
Posts18,456,386
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.