Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Asking for advice on what brand/model I should look at for a Glock (29). This will be worn with a Mystery Ranch backpack and it needs to be secure but accessible.
Thanks in advance.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
HPG kit bag. It can dock on the pack, stays with you when you drop the pack, holds tons of other useful stuff, keeps the gun out of harms way, and is very fast to access.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The Kenia holster thing is pretty cool

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 41magfan

Are they joking???

Too much plastic for that kind of money! Take a look at Double Diamond Guides Choice for about the same cash and don't look back! Been running one for about 10 years now I believe.

Took a nasty nosedive spill one evening, I was solo packing about 90-100 pounds of boned out Elk on my back. Slid downhill about 50' on my belly, head first, until I was able to grab some sage and stop myself. The back end of my handgun had mud packed on it, but otherwise was fine, and right where it belonged....still in the holster!

Frog

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Another believer in the Hill People Gear kit bags...

Very comfortable and can carry everything from a snubby to a longslide...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
HPG kit bag, get a Dale Fricke trigger guard holster to keep it safe and carry your essentials with you all the time.
http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yep, HPG and a Dale Fricke Zacchaeus. Works great for toting any handgun that will fit (Zac is gun specific) and is useful for so many other little things you'd like to have handy. Really useful piece of gear.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 41magfan

That looks like it would work great.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Kenai has no equal and is without peer. DD's are a Goatfhuqk Sponge and Moisture Trap,that is not nearly as comfortable or positive. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

One very typically forgets they are even wearing it,due the comfort and ergo's.

Kydex for the win and by lightyears.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I bought a Simply Rugged Cuda for my Glock 40 with a Chesty Puller harness. I opted for oxblood finish and it ran 150 bucks. I like it. Can put the gun about anyplace I want it on the front of my torso. I can also remove the harness and wear it on my belt either strong side or cross draw. It rides high and is concealable. The harness is universal for other holsters they make. I like the versatility and a great company who stand behind their product.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kenai comfort has NO equal. Hint. Congratulations?!?

No thang to bolt on waders,day pack and Grandbaby carrier,with the Kenai never batting an eye...while allowing a 34 to enter the scene as requisite. Hint.

'Twas a fair day.

Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks to all for your answers. I got some studying to do now................

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Great picture with the clan. Looks like a good day on the water!

Semper Fi
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by K1500
HPG kit bag. It can dock on the pack, stays with you when you drop the pack, holds tons of other useful stuff, keeps the gun out of harms way, and is very fast to access.

Originally Posted by RJM
Another believer in the Hill People Gear kit bags...

Very comfortable and can carry everything from a snubby to a longslide...

Bob

Originally Posted by TWR
HPG kit bag, get a Dale Fricke trigger guard holster to keep it safe and carry your essentials with you all the time.
http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1

Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Yep, HPG and a Dale Fricke Zacchaeus. Works great for toting any handgun that will fit (Zac is gun specific) and is useful for so many other little things you'd like to have handy. Really useful piece of gear.

No doubt!!!!

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I never understood how the HPG kit bag made for fast access to a pistol. Isn’t the pistol positioned precariously and behind a zipper?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Firstly: HPG does make some good wares. The Kit Bag ain't it. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It is cumbersome,uncomfortable,less retention and poorly designed...if only for starters. It will get you killed. Hint.

Not to slight the HUMOR of Texans and their ilk,"talking" Bears and the "means" requisite. Hint.

Only (1) Bear in this frame(down stream windfall) from today,but saw 23 total. Hint.

You Droolers are a fhuqking HOOT!

Bless your hearts for trying.

Hint..........................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
HILARIOUS! A Retard trying to "communicate"! Congratulations?!?

I find it amazing,that you STUPID fhuqks don't police your own ranks. Hint.

Keep trying.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

LAUGHING!........

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by kingston
I never understood how the HPG kit bag made for fast access to a pistol. Isn’t the pistol positioned precariously and behind a zipper?

To draw it you don't "unzip". It's a double zipper. You grab the top opening and pull. It's the second option in the vid below. It's simple and fast. ..the kicker on this is it's a 2 hand deal to do it this way so if you can't use 2 hands it's a little longer. If you use a Zac or trigger holster you can leave the side open and one hand it very fast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

604 members (270cowboy, 257 mag, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 22magnut, 260Remguy, 70 invisible), 2,157 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,295
Posts18,448,991
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.