Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART

And let's face it, the poor bastards don't have a lot, nor do they have much opportunity, easy to snicker when sitting in the West but I am pretty sure I would not like to live in that cesspit.

My sister’s family lived in Kenya for several years. My brother-in-law says that the thing that surprised him most about poor Africans in general is their total disdain for maintaining mechanical things. They’ll drive a car until the engine seizes, but they won’t put oil in it. If a tire goes flat, they’ll keep driving until the tire is gone and the rim is so misshapen the whole wheel is torn off. A vacuum cleaner is used until the bag is so full it’s ineffective, and then discarded.

He says at first he thought they were just culturally lazy—you know, putting oil in a car is harder than not putting oil in a car. But further observation led him to conclude that, no, they’re actually very hard-working; they’re just somehow constitutionally incompatible with technology.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Here's a good read.
https://www.amazon.com/Guns-Germs-Steel-Fates-Societies/dp/0393354326/ref=sr_1_1?crid=5ORW0X11A3T1&keywords=guns%2C+germs%2C+and+steel&qid=1569709639&s=gateway&sprefix=guns%2C+grems%2Caps%2C464&sr=8-1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Barak

And let's face it, the poor bastards don't have a lot, nor do they have much opportunity, easy to snicker when sitting in the West but I am pretty sure I would not like to live in that cesspit.

My sister’s family lived in Kenya for several years. My brother-in-law says that the thing that surprised him most about poor Africans in general is their total disdain for maintaining mechanical things. They’ll drive a car until the engine seizes, but they won’t put oil in it. If a tire goes flat, they’ll keep driving until the tire is gone and the rim is so misshapen the whole wheel is torn off. A vacuum cleaner is used until the bag is so full it’s ineffective, and then discarded.

He says at first he thought they were just culturally lazy—you know, putting oil in a car is harder than not putting oil in a car. But further observation led him to conclude that, no, they’re actually very hard-working; they’re just somehow constitutionally incompatible with technology.

Here where I currently live, being a farmer or a machinist is in the air we breathe.
Inventive, creativity, and ingenuity are marks of the Northern European Protestant work ethic.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Barak,

Any idea why they do that? Seems totally irrational from the Western point of view.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by jorgeI
The wheel, arguably man's greatest invention, was unknown in sub-Saharan Africa until Europeans introduced it in the 1600s.....

The Egyptians had the wheel thousands of years ago what's Sub-Saharian's excuse?
They're still arguing about whether ancient Egyptians had black or white skin.

What's the drawings they left to say?
Is it written that Cleopatra was a black beauty?

Climate change from mans carbon footprint is being argued too

Cleopatra was Greek, and carbon is literally the element of life. Climate slowly changes all the time, and more available carbon means more plant and animal life. And you are a boomer that is too old to be making points online.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

They have an average IQ that we call "retarded". Or at least we did for many decades.

There are differences between racial groups that far outstrip the color of skin. These stem from the environments each group traditionally inhabited. Africans did not have winter to plan for, with the growing, harvesting, gathering, storing, planting, gathering into supportive communities, building devices that made all of these things more efficient. So their environment selected for the laziest, most violent, most horny of them. While ours selected for the smartest, best at planning, best at innovating, strongest, most friendly and supportive, most nurturing as parents, etc.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, things are moving forwards.............

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Yeah next thing ya know they will won’t to vote.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Having an average IQ of 70 likely contributes to that technological incompatibility.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
thardy, you beat me to the punch.

Several years ago there was a documentary on PBS, named Guns, Germs, and Steel. This was kind of like a Ken Burns show, about a 10 hour show.

https://www.pbs.org/gunsgermssteel/show/index.html

This won the Pulitzer Prize. This explained why the Negros of Africa lived in poverty, disease, and misery. And why white people of Europe lived a comfortable and wealthy life style.
It is all because Africa has all the germs, and Western Europe has the steel and the ability to make guns. Purely an accident of geography.

This bit of Lib propaganda won the Pulitzer Prize.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
thardy, you beat me to the punch.

Several years ago there was a documentary on PBS, named Guns, Germs, and Steel. This was kind of like a Ken Burns show, about a 10 hour show.

https://www.pbs.org/gunsgermssteel/show/index.html

This won the Pulitzer Prize. This explained why the Negros of Africa lived in poverty, disease, and misery. And why white people of Europe lived a comfortable and wealthy life style.
It is all because Africa has all the germs, and Western Europe has the steel and the ability to make guns. Purely an accident of geography.

This bit of Lib propaganda won the Pulitzer Prize.

Yep. I saw it too. Total BS.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will plus three that book. It is excellent and very readable.

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
donkey is needed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Chinese are there to save the day for them now. Funny thing, Kenyans complain about how fascist the Chinese are. The Brits don’t seem nearly as bad by comparison.

Who is John Galt?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Historically, Africa has had a lot of wealth in gold, diamonds, etc. They just didn't know what to do with it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

My mom and dad both worked for the US embassy in Nairobi.

They had gate guards, housekeeper, yard man.

Their house compound had a push mower for Egray. He could never get the mower started, pull and pull. Would come to my old man and say...".the ginny..is Imemaliza kabisa" lol aka broke, finished, etc

Dad would pull the choke, push the primer bulb a few times and magic Mzunga would get it started. Everytime. lol

Mother asked me to send some Burpee blue lake green seeds. She would allow the staff to have use of their garden space inside the compound grounds. They would never wait for the bean plants to bear bean pods. They would pick the leaves and cook them like 'greens'

just seemed pitifully stupid

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
No longer will Kenyan women have to lug heavy jugs of water on their heads. Welcome to the Thirty-Fifth Century BC, Kenya, LOL. grin

They could use that thing in Angola as a landmine detector.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sponsored by MTD.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It ain’t going anywhere, carrying a full bucket of water on your head is elegantly simple, and most do it effortlessly with no hands.

As an aside you can tell rural Africans from the rich ones that grew up in cities with servants by their postures, the ones that grew up rich all have slouching postures like Europeans, the poor ones that grew up hauling water all have gracefully upright postures like from the Ford Modelling Agency.

No sugar cane where I was also, I used to say that the woman I married would have to be able to carry a bucket of water on her head and open beer bottles with her teeth.

Those who think Africans cant turn a wrench ain’t seen their mechanics in action, keeping ancient vehicles up and running.under awful conditions.

Biggest thing I’d fault em for is welding, the times they would repair a vehicle frame or whatever it was common to weld without a face shield, in the belief that African eyes were stronger than those of Whites.

Not an unreasonable belief in the context of never seeing Whites actually laboring, and then too without constant malaria meds most Whites are dead inside of six months.

But carry on Campfire Africa experts......

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Nice to see them do something besides breeding....

Give em clean water and they will make more babies that survive than prior.

...great...

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

150 members (10Glocks, 44mc, AlleghenyMountain, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, 15 invisible), 1,966 guests, and 796 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,698
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.