Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dess
As foolish as bicyclist taking a lane of a busy highway because "it's their right". Perhaps, but laws of Physics take precedence over rules of the road.

Paul Barnard is going to comment on this! ๐Ÿ˜

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Actually the defense would be necessity, don't know where my mind wandered off to. Anyway people are worth more than animals, any make or model, in this state.

That's what I figured. Idunno though. Is it really necessary to rescue Darwin award contestants?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jaguartx
People standing around watching and no one had a gun. Unreal.

Not surprising for Colorado.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
People standing around watching and no one had a gun. Unreal.

They may have gotten in trouble shooting the stupid woman

However the outcome would have been best for all.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dumb as the woman probably was, I canโ€™t say for sure she initiated the encounter. Years ago in college I was volunteering at a local wildlife park when a bull elk in rut went out of his way to charge me, if it were for the tall chain link fence I woulda been in trouble.

Impressive as heck tho to see what a charge looks like close up when youโ€™re in the crosshairs. That elk sure rattled that fence ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Musta been frustrated, Iโ€™m not recalling any cow elk in that pasture.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
The incident I saw was humorous, not dangerous. Many years ago we were taking the wildlife trip through Custer SP. Park brochures and other sources of information told of the panhandling donkeys, and advised not to feed them. When we came to the spot where the donkeys were hanging out by the side of the road (much like human panhandlers) it was obvious they were the umpteenth generation of panhandling donkeys. They had hung out in the same area so long that they had worn away the grass, and just before the panhandling area the park people had put up a "Don't feed the donkeys" sign. A donkey approached the car in front of us, the rear window went down, and a potato chip was offered. They donkey didn't want the single chip-he stuck his head into the car most of the length of his neck. It was hilarious-kids screaming, arms flailing, potato chips flying everywhere. I'll bet those kids still remember they day the donkey went for the potato chips; nowadays they would probably have to go to therapy for being traumatized by an attacking donkey.

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I remember those donkeys. We were there when I was a kid in the 50's. Yeah, they've been there for a few generations. They'd stuff their whole head through a window to get whatever you had whether you offered it or not.

โ€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.โ€
โ€• George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When you posted the video of the elk hunting with a flyrod thread I was thinking that guy got lucky he didn't get charged by the bull. Personally that would have been too close for comfort for me.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Somebody should have used a gun to defend the elk.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (12344mag, 163bc, 16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 160user, 61 invisible), 1,996 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,195
Posts18,465,894
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.