Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Calvin
This is the stuff that ruins hunts. X3 for me. Moved on to SWFA and Burris. Time will tell.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Yup...

Why I no longer use Swaro 15x56....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
There is a vast mount of actual, in the field experience here at the 'fire, that is a fact. Some have much more experience than others and thats A-OK. I will preface by saying that I do like the SWFA scopes that I've used to learn the mil system, whack hogs and 'yotes, range time, etc. They have a well deserved reputation for not letting shooters and hunters down for sure.

It is interesting though, that the first thought (mine too I admit) from experienced guys is that in this particular example, the blame was place nearly 100% at the hands of the previous owner. I'd say that's very likely true. When we think back to the USED Tract scope test thread, where the particular scope was tossed and trashed about, the scope did fail you could say, and the blame was placed directly on the scope being a POS, Tract being a POS company, and they made POS scopes. No consideration was given to placing blame on the previous owners in that case. Just interesting to me, that's all.

I think some guys have an axe to grind...I can't honestly say I've never been there, but I do try to avoid behaving that way myself.

I don't understand all the emotion expressed when discussing optics. Or pickups. Or rifles. I like what I like, and others have their own preferences. I'm okay with that.

Politics is another matter. grin

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I won't "quote" it to save space, but the last post by Beaver10 is a darn good perspective IMHO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am really starting to wonder if there is ANY scope out there that is great quality, tough, reliable and tracks well at all! And if you're looking for the above in a lightweight format for a sheep rifle you're screwed!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
How soft is that metal? Brass alloy?

Mooner, I am not certain, but I believe the turret housing (which is also where I think the threads were stripped) is aluminum. The threaded part of the turret appeared to be bronze but I could be wrong about that.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
What happened?

Dare I say it...shoulda bought a Leupold.

smile

THIS....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by MadMooner
How soft is that metal? Brass alloy?

Mooner, I am not certain, but I believe the turret housing (which is also where I think the threads were stripped) is aluminum. The threaded part of the turret appeared to be bronze but I could be wrong about that.

Might of been a soft run of metal, or the PO went ham on it. Sounds like others have failed the same way. Manufacturer might want to look at the spec on that alloy.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Just trying to crank it up for that 2 mile shot.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spin 'er till she stops.....then give it another half a turn.

Lol.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
This is the stuff that ruins hunts. X3 for me. Moved on to SWFA and Burris. Time will tell.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Now that would tick me off...........

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My scope was returned last week, and a few minutes ago I just happened to check on the USPS tracking to see where it was. They received it on the 3rd. Funny thing, but as soon as I had checked that I received an email from SWFA informing me that I would receive a replacement as the scope I sent in had been discontinued, so I am assuming that the turret housing was hosed. I was given the choice between the two 20x models currently offered and I opted for the SS20X42MQ (the one I sent in had the crazy mil-dot reticle with 1/4-MOA turrets...why in hell did they ever put that package together??). I figured, why not play with mils for a change? It don't scare me none.
wink

Don't be the darkness.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RiverRider
...I find the situation to be somewhat ironic.

Ironic? I don't think that's gonna iron out.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Older scope for sure if it was mil dot 1/4 moa....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Episode has concluded. Received a brand new replacement scope today.

It's the least expensive scope they sell, I think, but there's not a danged thing wrong with it and I think SWFA is top drawer.

Don't be the darkness.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
SWFA has been a great company to deal with. Had one 3x9 SS die on me but they replaced it quick and haven’t yet had a 6 or 10 bobble.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad to hear it turned out okay.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Warranty could cover that ??

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I could tell you, but I'd rather insist that you read the thread to find out.

Posting can be fun, but reading can be educational and even entertaining. I highly recommend reading.

Don't be the darkness.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,501
Posts18,452,509
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.