Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Reported to me today, Montana 6X6 archery, responding to a bugle.
Front chest shot.
Range five feet.
Supposed to be a video.
I need to see that one

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Awesome!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tracks

Range five feet.
Supposed to be a video.
I need to see that one

I believe we'd ALL like to see that one!

good on him and you both. smile

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Let's get the footage uploaded!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
A big congratulations to your grandson ! Looking forward to video evidence, verifying the kill! wink memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That must have been exciting at 5 feet. Looking forward to the video.

Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Grandson lives in Bozeman, no idea when I will see the video. Maybe I can get it from his Dad.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I thought 37 yards with a ML was pretty close! That has to be an amazing feeling watching a 6X6 walk in that close. Tell the GS great job!

Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Grandson is a good kid, but I have some doubts about the five feet, I'd rather believe five yards.
I used to hunt rifle hunt with a some times bow hunter that claimed to have slapped a cow on the ass, so maybe, but I didn't see that one either.
IF (big fricking IF) the kid did it, he's the family champ. I once walked up a Bull that I guess was asleep in heavy cover without seeing him before he came out like a damned Abrams tank at maybe ten yards, damn near dropped my rifle.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tracks -

You obviously did a lot right raising your kids and they are passing it on. Congrats.

5 feet? Wow!

I've had deer get closer but have never taken a shot at that range.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Grandson is a good kid, but I have some doubts about the five feet, I'd rather believe five yards.
I used to hunt rifle hunt with a some times bow hunter that claimed to have slapped a cow on the ass, so maybe, but I didn't see that one either.
IF (big fricking IF) the kid did it, he's the family champ. I once walked up a Bull that I guess was asleep in heavy cover without seeing him before he came out like a damned Abrams tank at maybe ten yards, damn near dropped my rifle.

Doesn't matter, any elk with a bow is an accomplishment in my book.

Congrats! Hope to see the video soon.

Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SPDSpappy
Congrats! Hope to see the video soon.

I saw it on my son's phone today, trying to get someone to send it to me. I was right about the five feet thing, closer to 5 yards.
Best was the second part of the video when he was trying too locate the bull, looked to his right and it was dead right beside him

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by taylorce1

Doesn't matter, any elk with a bow is an accomplishment in my book.

+1. Five feet, five yards, doesn't really matter. Five yards probably seemed like five feet I'd have probably said the same thing!!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congrats to your grandson.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Everything gets pretty dicey at those ranges. Elk are just super tuned when you're in their private space. I once missed a herd bull at 8' and let me tell you he was relaxed and feeding until I swung and drew that bow back then it was wild eyes, swinging head and [bleep] and gettin!

LOL

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

329 members (163bc, 22kHornet, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 28 invisible), 2,706 guests, and 954 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,748
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.