Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Looking at an 04 Suzuki Carry mini on Mattracks for getting in and out to the cabin since we have swamps to deal with in the summer/fall months. Anyone ever owned one and what are the pros/cons.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Subaru Sambar with a blown up engine, no fault of its own I drove the thing for 220k KM, with unknown mileage on it before that. The Suzuki, is way better off road, but the engine is in the middle, so if you can't mount a tool box,( why I bought the Subaru) incredible fuel economy and having owned lifted trucks, ATV, etc. never have i had a vehicle better in deep snow, my Subaru was set up with e lockers front and rear that locked when 4wd was engaged, and it was nutz, litterly could push snow at up to the wipers. (locked with chains on cheap 13' all season tires)
Suzuki, are easy to get parts for, Subaru's, cross referencing is key, for example, same breaks as mid '80 Subaru brat, but the fuel pump crosses to a mini cooper, and they are easy to over fuel even with a regulator and off the shelf 12v pump. The Honda's are horrble for replacement parts and the Daihatsu, (Toyota) are difficult but not impossible.

They do tip easy, but very easy to flip back over, but my dog never road in the back again, and 100lb airdale in the cab of a Kei truck doesn't allow much room for the driver. .

I used the truck for work, and really wish I could find another one, I really liked it.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think that the USS Ward sunk one during the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Buddy of mine has one with 2 rear axles he uses at his duck lodge. Says it goes in the mud like nothing else.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Like this?

picture link

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
And, why not just a 6 wheeler?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The truck i'm looking at has about 7200 miles on it, less than 200 on the tracks and it's got an insulated topper, a 3" lift (mandatory for the tracks), offroad lights, a new starter and battery, it will need front and rear bumpers and a winch but other than that she's ready to roll. He wants $15k for it, thoughts?

Attached Images
Suzuki Carry mini truck.jpg (38.81 KB, 249 downloads)
Suzuki Cary mini truck 1.jpg (35.81 KB, 254 downloads)
Suzuki Cary mini truck 2.jpg (37.28 KB, 244 downloads)

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
I want enclosed with a heater and music, yeah, i'm getting soft in my old age.

Steelhead

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We probably have about 20 Suzukis where I work. Company has been buying them instead of full size pickups. They never get off of blacktop or gravel, so can't really speak of their off road capabilities. They are about 10x quieter in the the cab than any side by side I have ever rode in. They have very good heaters and AC. Except for being left hand drive, they are like driving a small pickup truck. Seems to hold up pretty well and our operators could break a stone ax without putting much effort into it. You can barely hear them running, makes you think they are electric drive. Why the hell are side by sides so freaking load in the cab if these things can be made to be so quiet?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Had to Google the pic I posted. Never heard of them.

Shirley there is a Suzuki forum (google ?) with enthusiasts.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I want enclosed with a heater and music, yeah, i'm getting soft in my old age.

Puss
grin

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My Rhino is loud as hell because the engine sits between the 2 seats and has nothing to block the engine noise, plus 2 clutches spinning at god knows how many rpm's doesn't help either.

Steelhead

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The truck i'm looking at has about 7200 miles on it, less than 200 on the tracks and it's got an insulated topper, a 3" lift (mandatory for the tracks), offroad lights, a new starter and battery, it will need front and rear bumpers and a winch but other than that she's ready to roll. He wants $15k for it, thoughts?

No experience with that but it looks like a useful thing.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
I have a Subaru Sambar with a blown up engine, no fault of its own I drove the thing for 220k KM, with unknown mileage on it before that. The Suzuki, is way better off road, but the engine is in the middle, so if you can't mount a tool box,( why I bought the Subaru) incredible fuel economy and having owned lifted trucks, ATV, etc. never have i had a vehicle better in deep snow, my Subaru was set up with e lockers front and rear that locked when 4wd was engaged, and it was nutz, litterly could push snow at up to the wipers. (locked with chains on cheap 13' all season tires)
Suzuki, are easy to get parts for, Subaru's, cross referencing is key, for example, same breaks as mid '80 Subaru brat, but the fuel pump crosses to a mini cooper, and they are easy to over fuel even with a regulator and off the shelf 12v pump. The Honda's are horrble for replacement parts and the Daihatsu, (Toyota) are difficult but not impossible.

They do tip easy, but very easy to flip back over, but my dog never road in the back again, and 100lb airdale in the cab of a Kei truck doesn't allow much room for the driver. .

I used the truck for work, and really wish I could find another one, I really liked it.

Have you been to Billings lately? Or rather Laurel? There is a place that sells those mini trucks on the road into Wal Mart. Also I see a bunch lined up on the right side of I-90 going in to Billings. I am guessing you would go to Billings through Laurel and of course Bridger before that.
My son used to have one of them he bought at Laurel, and he averaged 40 miles per gallon and could haul 20 square bales on it.
If you want, I can check out those places for you. I go to Billings a lot-----way more times than I like!

W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
We probably have about 20 Suzukis where I work. Company has been buying them instead of full size pickups. They never get off of blacktop or gravel, so can't really speak of their off road capabilities. They are about 10x quieter in the the cab than any side by side I have ever rode in. They have very good heaters and AC. Except for being left hand drive, they are like driving a small pickup truck. Seems to hold up pretty well and our operators could break a stone ax without putting much effort into it. You can barely hear them running, makes you think they are electric drive. Why the hell are side by sides so freaking load in the cab if these things can be made to be so quiet?

Left hand drive ? I would think they are right hand drive, at least those types that I have seen are.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Had to Google the pic I posted. Never heard of them.

Shirley there is a Suzuki forum (google ?) with enthusiasts.

TRY THIS

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

I don't know Alaska values, but isn't it more money to get a SxS w/tracks?

The very real advantages of it being a real, albeit mini truck would make it far more attractive that a great big go-cart with slapped on panels and plasti-glass.

I'd be willing to pay that much for one set up like that here in Michigan if I needed one.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

I don't know Alaska values, but isn't it more money to get a SxS w/tracks?

The very real advantages of it being a real, albeit mini truck would make it far more attractive that a great big go-cart with slapped on panels and plasti-glass.

I'd be willing to pay that much for one set up like that here in Michigan if I needed one.

If I were to buy one yes, a new sxs plus tracks, looking at close to $20k, about $6k to put tracks on my Rhino but I don't want to do that as i'm trying to save what hearing I have left plus i'm liking the comfort this truck provides in the colder temps.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Several neighbors have had them, and used them on the farm. The one who used them the most told me that for piddling jobs they were fine, but for the hard jobs (whatever that meant) they wouldn't hold up. He had 4 or 5 sitting in his bone yard, so they were broken for one reason or another.

They guy down the road from me, uses his for short trips up and down the road, and he loves it.

I'm guessing they're like anything else, some good ones and some bad ones in every bunch.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by WTF
Originally Posted by ChuckKY

Left hand drive ? I would think they are right hand drive, at least those types that I have seen are.

I just had a brain fart, I meant to say right hand drive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1337Fungi, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,321
Posts18,468,449
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.