Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 16bore
eBay does it. I got hammered on a $5 watch band. Shipping was free though.

eBay doesn’t charge tax to TN residents. Must be the sellers screwing people.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
BP-B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Renegade05: You are right on with your contention that the "extra" money collected will go to more and more welfare dependent demonrat scum suckers!
Your mistake is choosing to live in a state with a sales tax!
You would not believe the number of my friends, acquaintances and relatives that prefer to shop in Montana because we have no sales tax.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just paid tax on my Natchez order and don't care one damn bit.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
I purposefully drove to another state to save $2500 in sales tax when I bought my tractor last year.

Can one still do that? I submit to those of superior intelligence and stayinsidedness tendencies for the answer.

If you need a tractor then you most likely own enough land to qualify for a green belt exemption which then means you can apply for a sales tax exempt card.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by 16bore
eBay does it. I got hammered on a $5 watch band. Shipping was free though.

eBay doesn’t charge tax to TN residents. Must be the sellers screwing people.

Yup....totally screwed over. I was watching a football game with my [bleep] on the couch, then walked to the mail box a few days later and there it was.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Ebay is not the one charging it, PayPal is.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ebay…...depends? I buy a lot of stuff on ebay and use paypal occasionally always using the "buy it now" option. When I start to check out if the invoice shows sales tax I don't complete the buy. There is most likely another vendor at a competing price who doesn't charge sales tax.
Purchased some tools in the last couple of weeks for almost $400 and none of the vendors or paypal charged me sales tax.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

That is incorrect; EBay is collecting and remitting the sales tax to the states requiring it. The seller has no choice but does not have to do anything. I believe my last notification from EBay was now at 34 states. PayPal is just the money handler for the transaction; and very soon EBay will be requiring sellers to move away from a PayPal only payment model to Managed payments:

"Managed payments will be part of how sellers will run their business on eBay, and all sellers will progressively be enabled. Sellers who have joined report high satisfaction and recommend it to other sellers1.

Managed payments delivers a more streamlined experience for both buyers and sellers on eBay. Buyers have more ways to pay with credit, debit and gift cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, and PayPal Credit. Sellers have one place to sell and get paid, with payouts automatically deposited to their bank account. "

Sales Tax Policy:
"As you may be aware, 11 new states have adopted Internet Sales Tax policies as of October 1, bringing the total to 34 states that now require the collection of sales tax. As the impact of this tax law becomes more apparent, PayPal and eBay are making changes that will make Internet Sales Tax collection less complex for buyers and for you.

Starting in November 2019, the way taxable transactions are processed and how taxes are collected for remittance will change, as follows:
In states where eBay is required to collect Internet Sales Tax from buyers, order totals sent for processing will reflect the gross order amount inclusive of tax.
Once settled, the tax amount will be automatically deducted for remittance to the applicable taxing authority.
A record of the sales tax portion of the order will be available on the Seller Hub Order details page and through our Download order report.
Please note the applicable tax will continue to be paid by the buyer and you do not need to take any action."

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Again, I’m not being charged sales tax by eBay or PayPal. The seller is the one with the option to charge sales tax. At least you folks paying online sales tax are helping to fund local communities. Good for you, folks.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My brother just got back from Africa. Said he saw a fella squatting over a pile of rocks, smashing big ones into little ones. Then he’d trade the piles of little ones for other stuff.

If sales tax is a problem in best country on the planet, then it’s time for some plane tickets.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
State’s would be nuts not to collect any and all tax from transactions made online.
Avalara (AVLR) is the company that has the software most used by online retailers. The company has been good to me, SAP out of Europe is 2nd.
Amazon was running the table from lack of having to monitor, collect sales tax to the States. They now put the responsibility on the vendors on their platform.
Walmart is in the game now and giving Amazon all the fight they can stand, WalMart will win as they have the food vendors by the short hairs in my opinion. That’s a good thing, Seattle and the entire West Coast can fall in the Pacific.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
131 members (257 mag, 32_20fan, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,446 guests, and 753 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,893
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.