Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
We ended up with 75! Was not a bad night

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
GB1

F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
If you have ever seen Mayhem on TV? This was it in truck with three 21 years after them

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice. What part of Eastern N.C. are ya'll in?

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I haven’t been frogging in years, it was fun!

F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
Not far from New Bern and Morehead City on Pamlico sound. We do the High Tech redneck ride around gigging. Have a friend that operates Hybrid striper ponds over in the next county.

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Can't remember the last time I saw a bullfrog.

F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
We always have a big leg cooking at the deer camp down in SC. They really look forward to it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That’s cool. Are they as good as people say? Not sure we have anything like that in Utah.

F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
YES! THEY ARE THAT GOOD.

F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by fuzzytail
Not far from New Bern and Morehead City on Pamlico sound. We do the High Tech redneck ride around gigging. Have a friend that operates Hybrid striper ponds over in the next county.

Went to school back in the day at ECU...did our share of frogging! One of my fave things...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
ingwe, We where as the crow flys about 35 mins from ECU campus. Didn't know you were a Pirate?

F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
Beaufort county which butts up to Pitt county.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
ingwe, We where as the crow flys about 35 mins from ECU campus. Didn't know you were a Pirate?

Yeah as poor starving college students we used to put in a river around New Bern, ostensibly to gig flounders in the brackish water, but basically speaking if it was edible, fresh or saltwater...it came home with us. Got the damndest assortments some nights!

Got my first Bachelors Degree at ECU...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
This is a great area to live in. Got plenty to do and see. TILL THE SKEETERS GET ON THE PROWL. You would understand if gigging on the Neuse river.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
This is a great area to live in. Got plenty to do and see. TILL THE SKEETERS GET ON THE PROWL. You would understand if gigging on the Neuse river.

Oh yeah....skeeters and other bugs...damn hornets that built nests in the Spanish Moss.....

I didn't mind ( in fact LIKE..) the snakes...but I hate bugs!

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've found a 1st baseman's glove a lot more practical than a catcher's mitt when frying em!

Yum! Good for you! Dang, that's a lot of Frogs.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
An activity I sorely miss since transporting to eastern Oregon near 40 years back. Mighty fine grub.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Last time I went frogging, we took a potato gun

hahaha

Fugged em up

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ya'lls comments about the skeeters and snakes brought back some memories from time spent at Swamp Lagoon (Camp LeJeune) dang near 40 years ago..dam skeeters there don't buzz around, that whining sound in your ears for 10 minutes, they come at you like a cruise missile and bite before they land, I think. Skeeters big enough, like Gunny Peake used to say, to "stand flat-footed and screw a turkey buzzard". I swear them things could bite through a flak jacket! And ticks...not uncommon, after crawling around in the swamp and pine needles for a few days, to have dozens of the little bastids stuck everywhere you could imagine. Miracle that every field Marine that ever spent time at LeJeune didn't die from spotted fever or have Lymes disease.
Snakes..a buddy and I filled up a 'willy Pete' (waterproof) bag with copperheads one afternoon while we were out at the Mortar Ranges. Things had taken up residence in a stump hole that we were using to burn excess mortar charges in. Once the heat started, snakes were crawling everywhere. We caught 30 or more and bagged them up...the 'brothers' were freaking out. Gunny told them that the snakes couldn't climb, they'd be safe if they climbed a tree. Every "dark green" Marine in the bunch spent the night sitting on a pine limb about 20 feet up.

And then, on top of that, find out several years later, that the biggest threat to our health was the drinking water on base...

Was down on Pocossian a few years back, during mid November, trying to deer hunt, (in between dodging rattle snakes and bears), and the dang mosquitoes were so thick you couldn't breath. Had 2 thermocells going in the box blind, and the dam skeeters would land on the thermocells, waiting their turn to get to something they could bite.

Love the coastal area of N.C., and hope to get back down to maybe bust a few ducks in the future. Used to hunt Croatan regularly when I was stationed at LeJeune, and have hunted Pamlico, Core, and Currituck quite a bit over the years.

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1337Fungi, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,321
Posts18,468,449
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.