Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Never really see much posted on here about Spyderco knives. In my opinion they are the best production made folders. A company not afraid to use steels that are hard to grind. Though they are thicker then I like! But nothing a regrind can't fix. So let's see your Spydie's!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
BP-B2

TDC Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I always thought they were ugly, until I actually bought and used one. I started with a Delica. I currently have the Delica, Edura, Sage, Gayle Bradley, Military, PM2, Salt serated, and recently, a Native FRN. I always have one in my pocket along with a victorinox Cadet alox.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My fav spydercos are the Moran drop points. Have several. IMO the perfect factory hunting knife.

Years ago i wish I’d bought a couple of the wegner folders. I like that blade style. They bring a premium on eBay now.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Spyderco definitely makes some weird styles that aren't attractive to me. However, they also have some super ergonomic knives that just flat out work. My two favorites right now are the Para 2 and the Ikuchi. Wish I would have bought a Slysz Bowie when they were available.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
No pictures? I have a few Spydie's when I get back home in December I will snap a photo of them.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 10/06/19.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have many. Delica or the Native 5 might be the best EDC folders ever

Sam......

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have a Native 5 in Maxamet, Native 5 in LC200N, Para II in K390, Hundred Pacer in CTS-XHP, Wolfspyder in S30V, Manix II in Cruwear, Para II in Rex 45.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have a Delica and a Native. I don't think they can be touched for the money

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Delica and a Manix for me.I DO like my Benchmade Griptilian better.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
I have a Delica and a Native. I don't think they can be touched for the money

Me too, 2 of each.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Currently I own two PM2's--no pics at the moment. The most recent of the two is a brown S35VN sprint run model that I felt I just had to have. I don't think I have even opened that package currently.

The first was a blurple S110V model that I hoped to use as an EDC knife as well as on the boat. Love this knife but I found out it is a bit large to deal with in my pocket while sitting at the desk (rubs just right against the chair's arm to bug the crap out of me) and after my last trip offshore, I have started to notice some staining on the blade.

I am currently contemplating a PM3 as another EDC knife but will probably get one of their salt series first.

Looking hard at the Native 5 in LC200N steel. Really like that this is made in the USA but have really come to love the compression lock. Which has me eyeing the Caribbean....just a little torn about the Taiwan manufacture (hell of a lot better than China) as well as the fact that it is larger than a PM2 which is already a bit on the large size for my needs. Realistically though...I know I will probably end up with both of them anyway so I may just buy both to begin with and avoid the inner turmoil. laugh

If they offered a PM2 or PM3 in LC200N, I doubt I would look any further or be hung up on the decision. I keep meaning to email them about a sprint run in this configuration.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Tiachun produces the best of Spyderco's high end knives.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
im not good with the picture thing so you wont see my beat up delica combo edge i've been carrying for 20 years or more.

I have a metal military combo edge, paramilitary, provenator, and new delica serrated in the box for delica back up.

I really like the thin plastic delica weight over the metal ones and rarely carry the metal ones.

When you find a favorite you stay with it and the spyderco hole is appreciated more now that arthritis is creeping into my thumb.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I owned a serrated Endura when they first came out in the early 90’s. Great knife but the serrated edge was hard to sharpen and too specialized. Mine has the clip molded as part of the handle. It broke and Spyderco screwed a metal clip on the knife. I ground the serrations off and ultimately made the blade too thick to be useful. I just ordered a flat ground Endura in orange. I’m excited to get it, but I can tell you Buck customer service is quite a bit better than Spyderco. Hopefully I won’t need any ‘customer service’ with the new one.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by humdinger
the spyderco hole is appreciated more now that arthritis is creeping into my thumb.

I have become a fan of the Spyderco hole as well. While not arthritic yet, my big hands don't do well with small studs. I know some people don't like the aesthetics of most Spyderco's, but the large hole works well for me. Definitely a "form follows function" design.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
These are the three that I switch off carrying daily along with a SOG multi tool

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

His and hers.
Made the pink monkey knot when she got the knife as a stocking stuffer.
Kind of ugly now.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Sorry, no pics...I have 2 Natives smooth blade with two different steels, two Bob Lum folding tanto with titanium handles, a Jess Horn prototype micarta handle folder and a Centofante folder.
I used to live close enough to find some deals at their factory outlet.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There’s a deal on spyderco Moran in the classifieds if’n someone was looking to get started with spydercos.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
A few of mine

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
689 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 80 invisible), 2,774 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,904
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.