Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Half of my office has been out sick the past week or so. I finally got it Friday and had to leave early. Terrible headache, joints ache, cough, can't breathe, and nothing seems to help.

Not exactly how I wanted to spend the weekend. Have a feeling it's going to be a long cold/flu season this year.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve stayed home from work Thursday and Friday. Started to get sore throat Wednesday during the day but felt fine. By that night couldn’t sleep because of it. Went to doc Thursday morning, no fever and he took a swab to test for strep which came back negative. He said to just take OTC mucinex. Still very little sleep Thursday night, Friday morning joints all hurt and upper chest congestion. Started running fever of 101 Friday night. Woke up twice last night to put on dry clothes from sweating. No fever as of this morning. Hope this [bleep] goes away soon as I have [bleep] to do.

CK
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I had that back in mid-August, the result of four airplane flights. Mine also started with just a scratchy throat. The other symptoms described rapidly followed the next day. I endured the coughing and hacking up green slime for almost a month. STILL have a touch of it.

Wife and I both got flu shots as soon as they were available, as always. Hope it helps this flu season.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Feeling it today. Elk camp starting Tuesday so can't afford to pay it any mind.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Half of my office has been out sick the past week or so. I finally got it Friday and had to leave early. Terrible headache, joints ache, cough, can't breathe, and nothing seems to help.

Not exactly how I wanted to spend the weekend. Have a feeling it's going to be a long cold/flu season this year.

Just in time, I am currently listening to Tom Abrahams' "Affliction".

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So far so good

got my flu shot last week btw

Deer hunted in a torrential downpour and T-storm at daylight this morning. Soaked to the bone. Shivered myself halfway dry.

Long as I ain't around other peoples' shîtty little green snot eating kids I'm usually GTG

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had some kind of virus about two weeks ago. Chills then Sweating so sore I could barely move around ,dizzy with slight headache but more of a numbness in the head and fatigue. I thought it was a 24 hr bug and felt good after a rough afternoon and night but it caught back up with me the next day and had me feeling less than good for a week. Ok now.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Nothing that bad, just a lingering cold.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I caught the crap my last day in Anchorage. Blah.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hard to say; we don't get out much. Haven't had a cold or flu in a good while now; at least two years for colds, and no flu since I started getting the shots. Staying away from people and keeping my hands clean and away from my face when I do go out probably has a lot to do with that.

I did get the first installment of the shingles vaccine last week, and that kick my butt for a day or two. Next shot in two to six months. First time a vaccination has done that to me.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Was feeling some crud coming on awhile back so I grabbed a bottle of Vit C.... Threw a handful in my mouth and chomped them up only to determine quite dramatically that they were not chewables! Damned nasty!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A handful? Are you the King of Overdose?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
My wife had it the whole 2 weeks I was off last hitch. I went to work and half my crew had it for 2 weeks. I caught it my last day at work and after 2 weeks at home I am finally getting over it. I have noticed lots of people hacking and coughing the little I have been out in Public.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Got a "chill" last Monday just before I got off in the afternoon. Didn't feel right the rest of the day and started running a fever by evening. Went to bed at 9pm all bundled up and felt like I couldn't get warm. The fever broke about 3am. Then the stomach upset begin. Took off work Tuesday and Wednesday and lost 5 pounds, returned on Thursday and made it through the day drinking water. Worked a half day on Friday. All day yesterday, I laid up at the house close to the bathroom averaging a trip every 30 minutes. Started Imodium AD and got a decent night's sleep, so far today I have felt tender but no crazy trips to the can. Maybe...just maybe.....I have outlasted this damn thing. As of this morning, I have lost 6 pounds for the week.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
And back from air travel to find my snot locker overfilled a few days later. Unfortunately I passed that virus to my wife.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Happens every year at this time- kids go back to school, mix up the germs into a new cocktail and bring it home. Even if you don't have kids at home, if you venture out to the grocery store, Wal Fart, etc. EVERYTHING you touch will be infected by gross people who dont wash their hands. It's very difficult to avoid...

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Some of this crud that goes around anymore, is nothing like what use to be experienced...

personally I think a lot of this crap is being brought into the country from south of the border...

that is why they don't readily have any known cures for most of them...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

on Vitamin C Rocky, your body will only absorb so much... the rest just will pass out of your body via your urine...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Feeling it today. Elk camp starting Tuesday so can't afford to pay it any mind.

That's the spirit! Don't coddle the little bastards (germs) or they will come to expect it! smile

And yeah, mega-dosed of Vit. C. does seem to help, not just with illness, but also sore muscles when working/ hiking hard, or elk hunting the rough stuff.

With illness, it seems to reduce the intensity, and the duration both - but no "cure". It's perfectly safe to megadose, as stated above. It is a vital component in muscle recovery. If I am expecting strenuous hiking or backpacking, I'll start a day or so ahead of time.

I generally take about 3500 mg pills per day when I need to, only a couple pills every once in awhile otherwise, but eat lots of fruit and veggie on a daily basis as well. I'm seldom sick. Probably 4-5 years since I've been down with anything other than sore muscles.

Plenty of sleep and liquids doesn't hurt any either in illness or health.

Last edited by las; 10/06/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

on Vitamin C Rocky, your body will only absorb so much... the rest just will pass out of your body via your urine...

I exaggerated, it was only half a handful!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 2,259 guests, and 775 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,662
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.