Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Last Monday I took another deer with my bow for my local municipality. We have an abundance of deer so we have a program in which the town gets tags from the DNR and local bowhunters are given the tags for free allowing the taking of both bucks and does to reduce the deer population. In the first week I took a doe, the 2nd week another doe and last Monday this 8 pointer. They have given me another tag. Thus far no other Deer have been killed under this program but I expect others will kill some as the temps drop. If a bowhunter takes a buck under this program they are not allowed to keep the antlers. They must be turned in with the head for CWD testing (this is a smart plan and it keeps people from only hunting bucks)

All three of these whitetail I've killed have been taken with the same 250 grain woodsman broadhead that I re-sharpen after each kill

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ive donated all the deer Ive killed under this program to co-workers or friends that want the meat. As I type this, the live weight of all the animals I've killed with a bow in 2019 is over 1,900 pounds and more than my family can eat so the deer I kill are gifted/donated.

Then I loaded up the truck for another traveling bow hunt in another state as this weekend was the Wisconsin youth gun Deer hunt. Im not a fan of bowhunting in blaze orange and being in a tree with youth hunting with high powered rifles. This traveling bowhunting adventure was a whitetail hunt. Im using the same re-sharpened woodsman head to see if I could take a 4th deer with it. Here are some images and video of this most recent bow hunt.

4th deer with the same woodsman head.

And the self filmed video.

My last traveling bowhunting adventure thread here is near 8 pages and 8,000 views so its clear folks enjoy tagging along since its clear most here are not hunters or bowhunters and don't kill anything. Others (like montancreek) enjoy whining so I started this thread for the jealous pugs like him to piss and moan. You are welcome. grin

Last edited by sharp_things; 10/07/19.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Boring....... POACHER!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
At least you removed the ear tag...errr, price tag from this one! Can't purchase your way to respect most people learn that by 12 years of age.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Where is the regret and pity you posted here?

https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/...ll-what-ive-learned.663615/#post-7719641

Youre such a drama queen. Lmao

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
safariman with a bow.

WWP53D
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by bigwoods

Now that's hilarious. Poor little man ..

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Damn, he killed that little buck with his head stuck in the feed pail. grin

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Can't imagine this one going off the rails.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Damn, he killed that little buck with his head stuck in the feed pail. grin

Lol, I'm sure that little nuisance scrub was killed with his head stuck in dullthing's bird feeder in his backyard.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
People check the threads for the comments.

Maybe a few see the OP as a camo Kardashian.....such a miserable fugg ....it makes then feel better to know there are others way worse off.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

Here's a quote from Michigan-Sportsman forum noted above......."In week one, I took a doe, in week two I took another doe, in week three, I took an 8 point buck and immediately regretted it. I used the provided tag and the entire head/antlers is submitted to the state for CWD testing and the meat donated but Its possible that buck could have been enjoyed by some bowhunter or crosser looking for their first buck and now that opportunity is lost. I regret that."

Arrogant POS..............

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
This idiot isn’t really serious right? I mean this is all tongue and cheek?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by SKane
safariman with a bow.

Safari Things?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz

Here's a quote from Michigan-Sportsman forum noted above......."In week one, I took a doe, in week two I took another doe, in week three, I took an 8 point buck and immediately regretted it. I used the provided tag and the entire head/antlers is submitted to the state for CWD testing and the meat donated but Its possible that buck could have been enjoyed by some bowhunter or crosser looking for their first buck and now that opportunity is lost. I regret that."

Arrogant POS..............

Yep. So wrought with regret after the fact that he was compelled to document and share three different photos of the backyard dink.

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
safariman with a bow.

Safari Things?

Perfect!

WWP53D
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by sharp_things

My last traveling bowhunting adventure thread here is near 8 pages and 8,000 views so its clear folks enjoy tagging along since its clear most here are not hunters or bowhunters and don't kill anything. Others (like montancreek) enjoy whining so I started this thread for the jealous pugs like him to piss and moan. You are welcome. grin

You’re an ignorant long-winded fat faced clown. Nonody gives a [bleep] about your game farm elk kills or city cull deer. Does the Pope and Young club endorse your idiocy? Traveling adventure bow hunter— You are one with Mr. Hands!

Last edited by Greenhorn; 10/08/19.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Springcove

His alter ego Pete53 has his tongue in something and it is not all cheek!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I’m surprised that peter the peter eater hasn’t commented yet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tom264
I’m surprised that peter the peter eater hasn’t commented yet.

It’s good to see you back T264 without the pissed off attitude towards everyone....You’re a funny fücker when you keep the hammer down on only those deserving of being beaten to death. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hectortwsp

Now you're going to get challenged to a bar fight.....

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Originally Posted by Hectortwsp

Now you're going to get challenged to a bar fight.....

No problem 'cause I am the roughest meanest S.O.B on the keyboard!
Kind of like dullness is the best counter on the internet.
I hope Rick never bans him he is the best entertainment on the net.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Here is it, Sunday night and no doubt most here have been continually checking in (over and over) to get their weekly fix of my bowhunting adventures. Apologies for keeping you waiting. I know how much the many non hunters here look forward to experiencing the outdoors via my adventures. It was a busy week/weekend. Lets begin.

2 days after taking my buck in Indiana, I finished the euro mount I did and enjoyed his tenderloins wrapped in bacon.

I took deer number 5 with my bow. Another suburban cull deer. This time a nice fat doe with a heart shot from 15 yards. Thats the 5th deer this fall with the same woodsman Broadhead.

I picked up another local parcel to remove deer from. This guy contacted the town hall (where we record our urban kills) and requested me. The town said they could not give out my contact info so they gave me his phone number so I could call him at his request. He has a lot of deer and seemed to want them gone. I will check out his property on Tuesday. I walked another persons land and set up a ground blind to reduce deer numbers for them as well.

Over the weekend I traveled North to my lease to get some bowhunting in but mainly to continue work on my parents old farm house and the upstairs bathroom that was put in 45 years ago. This is the first redo since I helped my father put it in when I was just a wee lad. It was ironic having him help me. At 84 he had to use both hands and feet to make it up the stairs to see the job I did. He didn't recall the last time he had even been on the 2nd floor of his own house.

Here are some before and after pics. No more bright green bathroom.

I did manage to get an afternoon bow hunt in on my lease. The weather was pretty crappy with high winds and cold and snow so I tucked into one of the ground blinds I set up before season opened. Here is a short video of that sit. I saw 10 deer total. (2 were bucks). The cold had them hitting the soybeans hard.

This will be a busy week as I have a few properties to bow hunt under this suburban cull. I will check back in, in a week or so but this will have to hold you for now. Again, try to take up bowhunting rather than just reading about me doing it on the web. Get out of your Mom's basement for a change. Find a mentor and take up hunting. You will enjoy it. When I get a chance I will find time to read your comments and questions in this tread but I expect a lot of whining and pissing and moaning and jealousy and pouting and tantrums (since that is the norm here) but still well over a thousand page views last week. (I cant say as I blame you)

Ive made sure to answer all the PM's I've gotten here. I dont blame folks for doing it via PM as some have said that the mean girls here make them less likely to post in my threads since the jealous pugs get even more jealous when questions are asked so they take it to PM but I made sure to reply to every PM I got this week. Dont fret the mean girls. Do what I do, mock them without mercy and laugh at them. They are an unaccomplished lot with rage issues and a jealous streak.

In a couple weeks I take on another adventure bow hunt in another state. (You will of course wait anxiously to read about that) A 5 day rut hunt in Southern Ohio. How exciting will that be for you read read about another of my adventure bow hunts in another state???

Thats all for now.

Your pal

Me grin

Last edited by sharp_things; 10/13/19.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You laid 12 sq.ft. of laminate/lvt, set a toilet and painted 160 sq.ft. of wall....had your elderly father crawl like a dog up the stairs to see it, then gloat on the WWW about it? Seriously? What the [bleep] is wrong with you? On a forum filled with narcissistic, attention seeking retards, you stand out. Congratulations.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Did a crappy job too.....who the hell caulks around door casings?
Undercut them and lay the flooring under them..
Good grief, you really are retarded.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
arrogance. Some folks are full of it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Hey he managed to caulk the Chitter flange , that's a quality look

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Yeah.
That too.
Looks like a section 8 housing bathroom remodel.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
What a phugking buffoon sweaty armpit .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Not that I'm on his side but thats what plumbing code calls for in most areas.
As a plumbing inspector I think its stupid beyond everything, but its code. I would never enforce it. If its leaking under there when the wax ring goes away I want to KNOW it is so it can be repaired. And if on a wooden floor, its going to hide the rot.

I am so glad I'm out of .gov BS and enforcing crap thats just political BS

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by rost495

Not that I'm on his side but thats what plumbing code calls for in most areas.
As a plumbing inspector I think its stupid beyond everything, but its code. I would never enforce it. If its leaking under there when the wax ring goes away I want to KNOW it is so it can be repaired. And if on a wooden floor, its going to hide the rot.

I am so glad I'm out of .gov BS and enforcing crap thats just political BS

Do you think he pulled a permit and had it inspected? 🤔

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Now why would he do something “legal”?

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Well another busy week has passed. Sorry to leave all the folks here (it seems mostly non-hunters) waiting until Monday morning for your weekly fix of my my bowhunting adventures. Normally I fulfill your wildest dreams each Sunday evening but there has been lots of hunting to do (while you play on the computer instead of hunting) and lots of bowhunting products to make and ship since this is the busy time of year. Time to catch you up.

Its been a busy week bowhunting for the city/township. As of today Ive taken 8 deer with the same resharpened Woodsman broadhead. Shoot, sharpen and repeat.

I took this buck at 8 yards early in the week at one participating homeowners location.

Then took two does on Sunday (one in the morning and one in the afternoon.)

The first was a huge old nanny doe.

I used a decoy and the hocks from that morning doe to take this afternoon doe for another homeowner that wanted some deer meat. A little video action for you so that you might see what its like to take a deer with a bow.

For those keeping score (i think that is most here) for calendar year 2019, that makes 8 deer, a bull elk and an alligator all with a bow and arrow totaling 2,655 pounds of live weight critters. (last year the total was 4,430 lbs of bow killed game)

And for those not understanding bathroom remodeling. When I set a new toilet, I use plumbers putty and roll long pieces of it between my hands to the size of a pencil and place that around the bottom of the toilet EXCEPT for an area about 4 inches long in a place at the rear of the toilet that isn't seen. Then after all is tight, I caulk around the toilet base and again leave an area without caulk in the same area where I didnt use the plumbers putty. This unsealed area allows any water to leave so that one might discover a problem/leak.

As one person mentioned, that is code in his area and while there is no code requirement for this municipality, its just good practice. See, now, not only have you learned something of value about killing deer, you are educated about placing a new toilet. (how great is that for you?) Sorry so many made the mistake of lashing out and exposing your ignorance of setting a new toilet.

I wrapped up the project when I added the TP holder, a rug, a trash can and a plunger. I will enjoy many years of use of this newly remodeled upstairs crapper in their 100 year old farm house.

This week looks to be another busy week and more deer to remove from the landscape. Get away from your mom's computer and try to get outside. Unfortunately for you, that is all the time I can spend with you today. I hope this holds you for another week but I have another out of state coming up soon so that should be fun for you to view when I get back.

Now, you can pout and lash out and make up stuff to upset yourself while you rush back here to view and comment on my adventures.

Yours truly

me. grin

Last edited by sharp_things; 10/21/19.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
nice work done on the bathroom upgrade ! those bacon wrapped back straps look tasty ! i like the looks of those broadheads too. good luck this week

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Peter.......”suck....suck.....suck”,,,mmm taste good.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The neighborhood deer blind and tame deer shootings are almost as thrilling as the pictures of you trailer house toilet.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hateful ? yep some of you boys act just like liberals do against Trump or maybe you boys are liberals ?

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I hate egotistical people and their ilk that follow them around sucking on their balls......
That’s all.

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
This place is a disaster.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 12344mag, 47 invisible), 2,556 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.