-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drink more water. Never mind that fish bleep in it.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Some [bleep] likes to drink beer and then take a piss behind the Weber.

Major dead spot.

Someone around here just uses the compost heap a bit further out to keep the dead spots down. wink

Of course, that requires a longer walk from the barbie. laugh

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Geno, I get lazy when there is snow on the ground.

That and we live in town and the lack of tree leaves makes a guy be a little more selective!

Had to dig up and reseed last winter's pee spot.

Been sneaking in a random whiz next to the house lately.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Geno, I get lazy when there is snow on the ground.

That and we live in town and the lack of tree leaves makes a guy be a little more selective!

Had to dig up and reseed last winter's pee spot.

Been sneaking in a random whiz next to the house lately.

That's why I like living out here.

Told my wife years ago I never wanted to end up where I couldn't pee off the porch if I so choose too.

After all, a man has needs and desires too.....................just not for high heels and stuff.

Geno

PS, yes, it was one of the things I did when we first moved in.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Geno, I am jealous!

We have a (quiet)paved street about 50' out the front window. A car drives by every 10-20 minutes....

Backyard whizzer here.

Rez dog by the back fence, poodle close. I never pick up their chit, but you wouldn't want to play a football game back there. Hit probably 10 turds today with the mower. Wet soggy turds....

[Linked Image from i37.photobucket.com]

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Morewood
It is my experience that it is not the poop that burns the grass (unless you leave it too long).

It's dog urine (especially females) that burns grass.

Look it up. They even recommend you give your female a bit of ketchup in their water.

Science, man.

Ok, put my dogs in the "wierd dog" thread then. I know what I see!

Tell you what. Leave your dog poop on the lawn for a month, mark all the urine spots, and get back to me.

You can't believe every thing on the innernet....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Major dead spot.

Someone around here just uses the compost heap a bit further out to keep the dead spots down. wink

Geno

I have a gravel driveway.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by las
It is my experience that it is not the poop that burns the grass (unless you leave it too long).

Look it up. They even recommend you give your female a bit of ketchup in their water.

Science, man.

Tell you what. Leave your dog poop on the lawn for a month, mark all the urine spots, and get back to me.

It's usually about 20% humidity here, so the poo dries up quicker than it can burn the lawn I think. Lotta times it's so dry it just crumbles if it gets stepped on.

Dry enough I'll spread it around landscaping plants...................screw those Job's tree spikes! free nitrogen from the pooches.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Major dead spot.

Geno

I have a gravel driveway.

That works when I pee off the other porch.

Geno

PS, can't remember which one I used when I christened our new property. grin

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sam,

I've got three houses past us until the road ends at the "school bus turnaround". Usually see the neighbor at the very end on her way to and from work every day, her husband the rancher in the flat bed with cattle dog, with or without horse trailer, on his way to and from every day, the closest neighbor on his way to and fro daily and sometimes his wife if she has to go to town and his daughter's school van 2x daily. Anyone else immediately arouses suspicion if not recognized.

Oh, UPS and FedEx comes out on occasion. The neighbor's wife must buy stuff.

Sorry you have to live in town, but it looks like you have a decent situation at least. I'm the type, because I'm up late, that might just pee of your front porch after midnight, just to say I did.

Geno

In it is contentment

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Mike_S
40 x 50 feet ? Holy crap that's funny. Teach them to go in the neighbors yard, assuming they have one. I wouldn't even have a dog with a "yard" that small. Borders on animal cruelty.

Kidding right? My yard in the back is about double that. With the 6ft vinyl fence I can shoot my bow 25 yards, my air rifle and teach my lab basic obedience and hand signals. 40x50 isn’t bad, how many serious dog owners have kennels outside anyway and take the dogs elsewhere for serious training.

My next dog will be a setter and I’m putting in a kennel for the days I have to leave her.
No I'm not kidding. My back yard is about 1.5 acres and there's thousands of acres of woods behind that with a 20 acre horse pasture to the side between me and the neighbors. My dogs are never tied or fenced in. I wouldn't have dogs with what amounts to no place for them to run.

Well to each his own. You are blessed to live in the country, not all of us are so lucky. And I’m sure they are under complete control, never leaving your property to do damage or mischief. Good for you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Told my wife years ago I never wanted to end up where I couldn't pee off the porch if I so choose too.

After all, a man has needs and desires too.....................just not for high heels and stuff.

If I drink enough beer I can pee in the river from my deck.... laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

As far as the dog poop goes.....you can just see the lower corner on my dog yard that's about 1/2 acre in the pic.

If you think I'm pooper scooping that steep SOB you're crazy.

I step lightly when I'm down there and let mother nature take it's course.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Geno, we talk about building a house outta town but this one is paid off plus it's easy living.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Town has its benefits.

Today we took the dogs to the refuge in town for our walk, then went to pick up a prescription for my wife, then went to the school field so the whippets could get a run in on a safe lawn like field, and by the time we got home I lost over 2 hours of the morning.

I prefer to go to town once a week or so.

But I'm not ready to live there yet, maybe one day when I can't split and stack my own wood, which I better get at.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A car just drove by.....grin

I hear you man.

We cut a little stash of stove wood the other day for the porch dog and cats.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by las

Science, man.

but but the chick writer is an rvt !!

Keep the grass and pick up when they poop. When we had 5 dogs here you couldn’t find their spots.

Don’t listen to the aholes about yard size. Just be sure to walk/run/exercise your dogs plenty.

Have not seen a lab that don’t love a fetchit stick and tennis ball.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
40 x 50 feet ? Holy crap that's funny. Teach them to go in the neighbors yard, assuming they have one. I wouldn't even have a dog with a "yard" that small. Borders on animal cruelty.

Kidding right? My yard in the back is about double that. With the 6ft vinyl fence I can shoot my bow 25 yards, my air rifle and teach my lab basic obedience and hand signals. 40x50 isn’t bad, how many serious dog owners have kennels outside anyway and take the dogs elsewhere for serious training.

My next dog will be a setter and I’m putting in a kennel for the days I have to leave her.
No I'm not kidding. My back yard is about 1.5 acres and there's thousands of acres of woods behind that with a 20 acre horse pasture to the side between me and the neighbors. My dogs are never tied or fenced in. I wouldn't have dogs with what amounts to no place for them to run.

Well to each his own. You are blessed to live in the country, not all of us are so lucky. And I’m sure they are under complete control, never leaving your property to do damage or mischief. Good for you.
No they're not in complete control and there's absolutely no need for them to be. Sometimes they go down to visit the neighbors and play with their dogs and sometimes the neighbors dogs come up here to romp with mine. In the 12 years I've lived here there's never been a problem or complaint. The only exception is my German shepherd. She doesn't leave my property without me for fear she might bite somebody.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M

No they're not in complete control and there's absolutely no need for them to be. Sometimes they go down to visit the neighbors and play with their dogs and sometimes the neighbors dogs come up here to romp with mine. In the 12 years I've lived here there's never been a problem or complaint.

Just curious how do you know they aren’t running deer chasing cars or crapping on someone else’s property? I have to much invested to allow mine such luxury. Fences make good neighbors I guess.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
They don't chase cars, never have. In fact they rarely go near the road at all. I'm sure they do crap on the neighbors property, just as their dogs do on mine. Neither of us cares. Never seen them chase deer and they're out here {deer} in the yard and pasture all the time. I'm not worried about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Puppy and a small backyard. Easy.

Teach the pup where to go. Each time they need to go, put them on the leash and take them to the spot you want them to go. When they do, praise them to high heaven.

I have a big fenced yard, 2/3 grass 1/3 woods pine straw.

I’ve taught 4 dogs to go in the pine straw in the woods. They run out every morning straight back to the that area. I rarely need to shovel anything on the grass. If they get lazy and I see them squat, I just yell and point and they sheepishly run to the spot.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,310
Posts18,468,202
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.