Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

The red stag is very well represented in Romania, with good numbers, and of fine quality
All the game here are in free-range !!!- 30000 hectares
We are pleased to offer - 6 Day / 5 nights / 5 hunting days
Period: 15 September and 15-December.
accommodation and services 6 days 1500 Euro for

Trophy up to 7kg 1600 euro
7.01 – 9 kg 2300 euro
Over 9 kg 3000 Euro- you will not find lower prices according to weight
Daily hunt organize 100 Euro/ day- 1 PH and 1Ranger

Price includes all guide and, meals, lodging and field trophy care and skinning.
• Transportation in Romania
• To 4WD car for hunting
Full board and
• First preparation of the Trophies
• Guide-interpreter and professional hunter
Drinks and wines
The price will exclude:
• Transport to/from Romania
• Firearms and cartridges
• Trophy export
•Daily hunt organize
•Temporary hunting permit 150 / Euro/trip
•Hunting license 150 Euro/trip

Horia SANDU
0040 728 899 185
www.unforgettablehunting.ro
email: unforgettablehuntinggmail.com
officeunforgettablehunting.ro

Please don’t hesitate to contact me for more information
[Linked Image]

BP-B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hectares?
Euro?
KG?

Care to translate?

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Hectares?
Euro?
KG?

Care to translate?

1 hectare ~= 2.5 acres
1 euro = 1.11 US$
1 kg = 2.2 lbs

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
This is a great opportunity.

Romania is an up-and-coming hunting destination. A lot of hunters from other European countries are going due to low cost and high quality animals.

I went twice, and wished I'd been able to hunt Red Stag

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Those are excellent prices. I shot a 10 kilo stag in Poland and it was considerably more. Hunt price was less but trophy fees were higher.

IC B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
The trophies from last year were very good. I can show you the pictures.
I hunter from this forum was here last autumn and can confirm smile
There are few still free tags that are waiting for hunters smile

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
What does that mean, a 10-kilo stag? They cut off the antlers and weigh just the antlers?

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
The thoroughly cleaned and boiled skull ( minus the lower jaw) is weighed with the antlers attached. A 10 kilo stag is a CIC gold medal and hard to come by. Mine was an 8X7 but the number of points can vary wildly.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I shot this one a few years ago, a bit north of the areas that Horia hunts. This one scored 239.56 CIC points (gold medal). Horia is an old friend of mine. His hunts are worth the price of admission.
[Linked Image]picture to url
[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by jdollar
The thoroughly cleaned and boiled skull ( minus the lower jaw) is weighed with the antlers attached. A 10 kilo stag is a CIC gold medal and hard to come by. Mine was an 8X7 but the number of points can vary wildly.

Just to give you an idea, this one went a tad over 9kg. And that's the lodging in the background.

Attached Images
Red-stag.jpg (27.88 KB, 460 downloads)
IC B3

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by rj308
I shot this one a few years ago, a bit north of the areas that Horia hunts. This one scored 239.56 CIC points (gold medal). Horia is an old friend of mine. His hunts are worth the price of admission.
[Linked Image]picture to url
[Linked Image]

Thank you very much, Ron .... I still wait for you to hunt together in the mountains.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter
Originally Posted by jdollar

Just to give you an idea, this one went a tad over 9kg. And that's the lodging in the background.

You're welcome anytime again!

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
How hard is it to get trophies back to the US? Can one bring smaller trophies back in their luggage with vet certificates or a boiled skull?

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by kscowboy01
How hard is it to get trophies back to the US? Can one bring smaller trophies back in their luggage with vet certificates or a boiled skull?

for roe deer will not be a problem, some of my clients left Romania with the boiled skulls in luggage, or I sent the trophies by normal post with tags and papers that proved that was legally hunted.
For the red stag is a little bit another thing. You need also a veterinary certificate and something from the taxidermist that proves that some process was applied to the skull and after that a company that will handle the transport.
The cost of the transport was around 400usd ( I do not remember exactly).

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by kscowboy01

I will tell you what I did, but would strongly recommend that you check well before you depart for the hunt, as the regulations have apparently changed over the past several years and will likely continue to evolve. Note that the importation of trophies involves both the Customs office and the USFWS, so there are two sets of regulations through which you must navigate, and two sets of inspections which have to take place.

In my case (importing in 2019) it required the following:

1. A "Proforma Invoice" describing the "goods to be imported" (i.e., red stag hunting trophy) and quantity (one). The outfitter (Horia) provided this.
2. A "Declaration of Origin" which stated that the animal was legally taken, the country of origin, and that the taxidermy had been performed on it prior to shipment. The document was signed by the local "Ranger" (game warden) and was then forwarded by the outfitter (Horia).
3. Another document "Valea Ramnicului" which I frankly don't understand but appears to have something to do with the declared value of the trophy. This was also provided by the outfitter (Horia).

For the stag, there was also a Bill of Lading from the air-freight company, since my Red Stag was obviously too big to fit in the overhead compartment of the airplane and had to be shipped separately. grin We looked for a long time for an air freight company which would not charge an arm & a leg, and finally settled on LOT Polish Airways Freight, operating from Bucharest Airport. They charge less than 1/3 of what we were quoted by the big-boys such as FEDEX and DHL.

I opted to use a Customs Broker, which turned out to be a good call, as they were able to shepherd the cargo through the Customs and USFWS inspection processes and then forward it on to me. They also temporarily stored the crate in their bonded warehouse for about a week while we awaited additional paperwork and the inspectors' schedules. That helped me avoid some fairly hefty storage charges compared to becoming "frustrated cargo" in the Customs warehouse. Horia and I received quite an education on the import requirements, as our system here is much more complicated than shipping to other countries in Europe, and none of the brokers with whom I spoke seem to be familiar with Romania as a hunting destination. We struggled a bit to obtain all the necessary documents, but once the shipment arrived in a US Port of Entry and the Customs Broker took over, things moved pretty quickly. Money well spent, in my opinion. I used Coppersmith Logistics, but there are others out there.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Don't come straight back. Come back through Mexico and have a Mexican bring it!

Last edited by DonFischer; 01/19/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm taking notes here-- this kind of hunt is on my bucket list for after I retire. A red stag would look great over the mantle.

Rough general estimate: how much does it cost to get a stag head from Romania mounted on the wall? Transport, taxidermy, etc.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shaman
I'm taking notes here-- this kind of hunt is on my bucket list for after I retire. A red stag would look great over the mantle.

Rough general estimate: how much does it cost to get a stag head from Romania mounted on the wall? Transport, taxidermy, etc.

I've never hunted Romania so I am unsure what their regs are but being that you've asked your question 4 days ago without a response I'll say that after bringing red stag back from New Zealand, Argentina and Spain, you're looking at roughly $700 to get the cape and antlers to the US. Then, whatever your taxidermist charges for the mount....so roughly between $1500-$2000 to get it to the US and mounted?

I'd avoid overseas taxidermy. Have the antlers and dipped cape shipped to whatever taxidermist you prefer here in the US.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by shaman

I've never hunted Romania so I am unsure what their regs are but being that you've asked your question 4 days ago without a response I'll say that after bringing red stag back from New Zealand, Argentina and Spain, you're looking at roughly $700 to get the cape and antlers to the US. Then, whatever your taxidermist charges for the mount....so roughly between $1500-$2000 to get it to the US and mounted?

I'd avoid overseas taxidermy. Have the antlers and dipped cape shipped to whatever taxidermist you prefer here in the US.

Cool! I'll include that in the budget. Thanks.

Horia: That's a very attractive offer. I'm just not quite ready.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would like to do this at some point as well, but too many irons in the fire for the near term. Tagged for future reference. Hope someone can go on this and write up a hunt report.

Do or do not, there is no try.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
671 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 2,931 guests, and 1,437 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,672
Posts18,399,514
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.